Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Has Rolled In
- - By judyruns Date 2018-08-20 5:46 AM
Post as you wish. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-20 5:48 AM
Friday I did 70 minutes of cardio workouts. I think it is helping my endurance to do that even though I’d rather be running.
Saturday was SDO. I did 25 minutes of apt. walk.
Sunday Buddy and I did 75 minutes running out the trail. We say four deer right away, 2 does, 1 buck and another young deer. The sun was the star of the morning. It was a big, red, peachy looking oblate ball in the hazy sky.
Today I hope to do a trail run, then a walk. I’d better get going. The grocery calls.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-20 6:03 PM
Your workouts are always impressive. :cool:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-20 9:03 AM
Hi Judy!  I never got around to starting a weekend thread, but I ran 14 soggy miles yesterday.  It wasn't raining; I was just soggy due to sweat. :roll:  I followed that up with an airport run and a trip to IKEA, so I was quite tired by yesterday evening.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-20 11:13 AM
Great work on the 14 soggy miles! You are one of the hardest working people I know. :grin: DS likes IKEA  a lot.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-20 4:27 PM
I like IKEA fine and find it to be a useful place to visit from time to time (though the weekend isn't the best time to visit), but it's a lot of walking for a post-long run excursion + I was going with people who needed to look at stuff there but don't actually like IKEA.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-20 3:42 PM
Not one but two count-em-folks TWO runs today. I actually made it to the gym.

3.6 in the morning with RN, 5.62 on the TM at lunch. Way too long a lunch because I have to walk to the gym and back, but it was worth it.

RN had a bit of a shock on our way back. She likes to be on the left -- not sure why but it doesn't bug me either way so she usually takes that position -- and we were running past a housing development that's separated from the sidewalk by a cinder block wall about 5' high. We heard a scuffling noise, looked over, and there was an animal on the wall, running the same way we were going and at about the same pace. Not sure why it was running with us rather than trying to get away or jumping down the other side. I looked again and it was a possum. She thought it was a squirrel and said later she was glad she had not known it was a possum. I know they're hardly dangerous creatures but they are homely and those faces can be startling if you're not expecting them.

So this one was a Possum Run!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-20 4:29 PM
Great work on the two runs! Possums are large enough to startle anyone.
Yes, a Possum Run! :laugh:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-20 4:31 PM
Two runs? :cool:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-20 7:46 PM
Oh, we have been told that Bobcats are starting to be in our area. I didn't realize that they were related to the Lynx. :cool:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday Has Rolled In