Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, Monday 20 August
- - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-20 5:36 AM
Morning all!! Hope you are having a great start to the week..

You know post what ever ya got!!!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-20 5:42 AM
Ran nearly 4 miles this morning. Was a good run. Cooler, but still a tad muggy. The mornings have been so quiet lately, little traffic, people, noise. I'm not complaining it's just odd. I was running down the sidewalk and two boys were riding their bikes in the opposite direction. They actually moved off the sidewalk for me to pass. :shocker!::shocker!::cool: Good run. This weekend is my first "real" race since 2016. I decided to run it because it would be my sister's 70th birthday.

Have a great week masters!!!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-20 6:08 AM
So far the week has started off on a good note.  I came into school at 6:00 and got a head start on some work. 

Makayla and Isaac surprised us and came home on Saturday afternoon.  Their intentions were to come on Sunday morning.  I was pulling weeds in front of the house and here they come.  They left for college last night.  They will probably be home most weekends.

No running still.  I haven't had significant pain for a couple of weeks, but occasionally I can feel the area hurt where the fracture is located especially if I am on my feet for a while or I have to carry something kind of heavy.

Full day of teaching ahead and cc practice after school.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-20 8:37 AM
Today was the first day back for schools in our county and most of WV. The roads were packed again. The days of quiet mornings are over until late May or early June.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-20 6:27 AM
4 for me today too. Some days you just don't care how much you walk and how much you run. Today was one of those days. Even with the rest day yesterday I felt tired, and the fog & humidity dragged me down.

Then I came home, ground up some coffee beans with my manual burr grinder, and made a big mug of french press coffee. It tasted very good. Yesterday we had coffee duty at church and we make this generic stuff out of a large can. Since I have cut back to one mug a day, I don't like to waste it on stuff like that, so I only drank a few sips to make sure it was ok to serve.

I think this week may be a recovery week, not that I have anything to recover from. I did run 6 days including a couple difficult, humid, 5-milers last week. I'm thinking that I'll run easy every other day and hope that the sluggishness in my legs is better by Saturday when I have a 5k scheduled. Although, if it is humid Saturday morning, it'll be an easy effort then too.  It is the Cupcake Chase. I ran it last year and it was fun. It is a weekend event to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network so it is a fun thing to go to. I just have to try not to eat too many cupcakes.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-20 7:30 AM
are the cupcakes during the race? or afterwards?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-20 8:35 AM
Both.  Last year I took part in the cupcake contest.  You pick-up a cupcake around the first mile, frost it around the second mile, and add toppings before the finish.  Then they are judged.

But since I was trying to run a decent time, mine looked like junk compared to what other people did.  So this year I will skip the cupcake stations and just eat what is available at the finish. Mine looked like it came from a hot, humid year.

Last year was exceptionally nice weather, but I was told that there have been some hot, humid years, where everything falls/melts off the cupcakes when you're running with them.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-20 8:59 AM
sounds fun. But i was hoping you had to eat a cupcake every kilometer.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-20 8:05 AM
...... Even with the rest day yesterday I felt tired, and the fog & humidity dragged me down.   ..... Since I have cut back to one mug a day,   just saying.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-21 8:30 AM
that sounds like a good morning to me
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-20 7:29 AM
10.07 miles. 4 miles easy. 5x1k@6:36 pace with 1/4 mile recoveries. Pace of 1k's: 6:44, 6:34, 6:43, 6:31, 6:34. 2 mile cool down.

Busy weekend. Went to a wedding on Saturday. Sunday took 2 kids to lunch (recent birthdays). Afternoon at the pool.

Today is Lizzie's 24th birthday. Family coming over for dinner. Grilling chicken.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-20 7:33 AM
Happy Birthday to Lizzie!  So much celebrating at your funhouse!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-20 7:33 AM
It's a good morning when the daily is started!  Thanks Deb!

Nothing much planned other than a workout and a few phone calls.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-21 8:30 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-20 8:43 AM
Run is dun.   I must have run through that wet concrete on the new sidewalk.  No other way to explain why my shoes weighed 10 pounds. 

Off to lunch today with my army buddies.  Old Country Buffet.  Speaking of 10 pounds.

Saturday was a fine day with lots of steam.  Tractors, steam rollers, steam shovels etc.  It's in Amish country so I brought home a car load of produce and a shoofly pie.:grin:

Tom in DE
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-21 8:31 AM
Love Amish country!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-20 9:52 AM
Hi kids.   Monday morning kitty love at the animal shelter. :hug:  

Rain all day; finished a WWII book last night and starting a Kennedy era one today.  Rainy days are made for books.  or vice versa.   Yoga later.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-20 12:52 PM
What WW2 book?   Novel or non fiction?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-20 1:24 PM
It was called Some Girls, Some Hats, and Hitler.  Autobiography of an Austrian girl and all those that helped her flee Hitler.  So not about the war as much as the era.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-20 8:05 PM
Still it sounds like a good read.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-21 8:32 AM
I love those books. Historical based stories. I can't remember what they call that genre? :wtf: They are fun to read.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-20 10:27 AM
Not running today. The right hamstring is still tender. It figures that this week would be cool and not quite so humid.

Ah, well. Such is life.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-21 8:33 AM
Been there!!!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, Monday 20 August