Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 8/18
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-18 7:42 AM
Nothing cute about today with the oppressive humidity.

But don't let that stop you from living.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-18 7:49 AM
Hoowee!  The humidity got me good today. I hoped to run at least 6 at a park in Huntington, and then meet a friend for coffee, but I was dying out there. Going so slow that I cut my route short at 5.86 miles so I would have time to cool down before coffee.

I brought some wipes and clean clothes with me but I was so soaked from the run that I didn't think I could clean-up.  I tried pouring some cool water on me from the drinking fountain.  I finally started the car and turned the AC on full blast. That enabled me to get changed and on time for coffee and a brown sugar cinnamon scone.

I won't do that combination in the humid weather again.

Now it is time for a real shower and a real breakfast.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-18 9:20 AM
I tweaked my hamstring while running Thursday, so was ready to bail on today's run. But woke up with no pain so figured I'd give it a try.

The plan was out to the park, 4 loops, then home. Made it through 3 loops and the hammie started complaining. So cut it short and headed home for a total of 50 minutes running.

I think I will go ahead call off the planned run for tomorrow. I'd rather that than having a problem that lingers.

And to Dave's point - when I ran at 7 this morning it was 75 degrees with the heat index already at 86!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-18 9:40 AM
5.5 miles this morning.  Got to run part of it with the high school cross country team.  That was really cool.:happy:

Dinner out last night and I had some wrap full of apples and walnuts and brie.  A cherry blonde beer on the side.  so good.

6 locals are out in Colorado for the Leadville 100.  3 are running 2 are pacing and 1 is the crew and photographer.  I am enjoying all her FB posts.  Refreshing to see the volunteers in wool gloves and down filled jackets.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-08-18 3:37 PM
Your dinner sounds amazing! :shocker!:

I miss Colorado. :cry:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-18 7:04 PM
I just checked the pictures the crew is posting - thru aid station #3 and they have umbrellas up because it's snowing!  How is it snowing in CO but not AK?
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-08-18 8:58 PM
Just a flurry, I'm sure. :wink:

It has been snowing in Utqiagvik, AK. Just not here. Yet. :happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-18 10:26 AM
Well the whole family went to Planet Fitness for a workout!  It is going to be a nice hot day.  But I do believe I can smell that fall is in the air.  We are going to the movies this afternoon.

Enjoy your Saturday afternoon!
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-08-18 3:36 PM
I'm about to join our Planet Fitness. Can't believe how cheap it is!
It's 5 mins from work, so this will be my lunch hour gig. :wink:

Fall is in the air here, leaves are changing/dropping. YAY!! :grin:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-19 7:58 AM
Planet Fitness is one of the best deals in town. 

Fall is there already?  You need to post a picture of the leaves.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-08-19 11:24 AM
The leaves aren't pretty yet, just beginning to go to yellowish.
I'll see if I can put up a pic later today.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-08-18 12:07 PM
6.2 miles PW yesterday PW'ing arounf Lake Merritt in Oakland, felt good and still feel good, so just maybe my marathon dream when I turn 80 next March will come back, maybe - but probably not!  I am rethinking it!

Later alligators
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-18 2:21 PM
Go for it!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 8/18