Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Finally Friday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-17 7:08 AM
It's finally Friday.   Are you doing anything to tell us about this weekend?  Bring it on.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-17 7:28 AM
HHH continues in the east.   My run surprised me.  I had low expectations but it went well.  Somewhat reverse of Wed run.  Stopped in the and chatted with one of my homeless friends.  I need to put a couple Wawa cards in my ID holder.   Of course if I collapse on a run somebody would find me, the EMTs would probably stop at Wawa for coffee on the way to the hospital.  :laugh:  BTW John needs a lot of help and I'm trying to encourage him to go for help. 

Yesterday was Hope Dining Room.  Some of our regulars were missing but we had some new recent retirees join us.  Our youth group joined us to serve the meal, I got to be "social director".  It was festive and the meatloaf was marvelous.  When we have our big Masters FE, I will make meatloaf.  

Weekend.  Tomorrow I drive up to Pennsylvania to a big steam tractor gathering.  Big boy toys.  Real steam shovels, steam rollers, old bulldozers, dump trucks and a big field of dirt.  Grown men playing in the dirt....with bleachers of grown men watching.:laugh:

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-17 8:35 AM
Do you get to play in the dirt or watch others play in the dirt?

Nothing special for me this weekend. Tomorrow is a run then coffee with the guys. Sunday we have coffee duty at church so we'll be there early, with donuts.

I bought Annabelle some junk when she was here. She begged me for it, but then she left i here.  My big weekend event will probably putting that in a box and dropping it off at the post office.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-17 10:57 AM
Come on Dave.  You know you want to drive them down there.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-17 8:22 AM
Sort of rest day for me, but since we have a step challenge going on at work I ran 2 on the treadmill. Rain with thunder outside. The 2 miles gives me a few thousand steps and I'll take enough walk breaks from work to get that up to at least 10,000.

Our team has been in first place since the start of this challenge, then when I looked this morning, some other team was in first. I am calling bull crap on that.  This team wasn't even in 2nd yesterday and now their team is averaging 12,000 more (total) steps per person than our team.  Did they all go out and run a marathon yesterday?  Or did they manually enter inflated step counts?  I believe I know the answer to that! :mutmad:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-17 11:01 AM
I f it looks like bull crap, and smells like bull crap, you might live on the farm.  Adds no meaning to watch your step...   ...and the other team too.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-17 11:49 AM
I should have made it clear that my griping is tough-in-cheek. There is no reward for the challenge winner and even if there was I wouldn't really be upset.

(I still think there is some padding of numbers involved. You can enter your steps manually, or do what I do and let the Garmin upload it for you.)
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-17 12:06 PM
I was on my husband's step counting team and I was training for a half mary at the time.  I could never beat the counts for the ladies on the production floor.  In the end it seems they were putting their FitBits on the vibration table in the testing lab each morning and retrieving them at the end of the shift...…  Those girls were AVERAGING 30,000 steps per day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-17 12:13 PM
Hi Tom!  Thanks for the daily, where's my meatloaf sandwich?

I lunched with a former co worker at the hospital today.  We grabbed the primo picnic table under the maple tree.:happy:  After lunch I walked back inside with her and went to my doctors office for lab results from May.:shocker!:   This has been one story after another about where these results are or have been.   Anyway, happy dance time.  My numbers are all good and I fall into the category of low-risk kidney disease.   All I have to do going forward is add 16 oz of milk each day and 8 oz of calcium fortified OJ.  Keep sodium below 2300mg and daily protein at 6oz.  All doable.   No more restrictions on oxalates which put chocolate, nuts, potatoes, and spinach on the "never consume again" list.  I am going to dive into a baked potato.  Or maybe a yam!  I tell you it's the little things.:happy:

Hot and humid.  Keeping Misha inside until sunset.  Yoga next and absolutely no weekend plans.:cool:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-17 8:30 PM
Great news on the labwork.    Some day you could come to Delaware and have meatloaf sandwich while sitting on a picnic table under my maple tree.  It's primo.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-17 12:25 PM
A full week of work is coming to an end.  It's been a good first full week of school.  I have met some new kids and began cross-country.

Makayla is coming home on Sunday for church.  I look forward to hearing about her first full week of college and spending time with her. 

Nothing big planned for Saturday or tonight.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-17 8:33 PM
Mike, I know you guys have a great relationship, but I was always a firm believer in the 60 day rule.   No coming home before 69 days.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-17 1:31 PM
6.43 miles this morning AKA the Dawn 10k

Going to a wedding on Saturday. Not sure what Sunday will bring.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-17 3:58 PM
Yea, I finally worked out today!  I like ending the weekend on a positive note.  Not sure what is planned but we may go see "Crazy Rich Asians." 

Enjoy your Friday afternoon and weekend.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-17 5:26 PM
Tomorrow I am working for my co-worker, as I did today. I saw an ad for a Steam Punk cog Rail in NH Railway to the Moon or something like that and showed it to him. And it happened to be his birthday weekend--his 50th. So he decided to take me up on the offer to cover for him. He and his better half are really into Steampunk. I mean r-e-a-l-l-y!!! So I was glad he took me up on  it. He needed a break from work.

I want to get a run in tomorrow. I thought of trying tonight but it was rainy and hot and steamy. And my cat left me presents to clean up.... :cry::mutmad::wtf: So I had dairy free ice cream instead.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-17 6:41 PM
cat presents.:grin:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-17 8:35 PM
I am into steam really into steam....without the punk.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-18 6:29 AM
I know I was thinking of you. But wasn't sure if you'd like that. https://www.railwaytothemoon.com Looked like some fun stuff. I know he will love it. One festival they went to they got all costumed up. Pretty cool
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Finally Friday