Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Is Here dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-08-17 5:06 AM
Post. Hope you all have a great weekend. :hug:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-17 5:09 AM
Thursday I dashed out early to avoid any storms. I did 65 minutes running out the trail, then 30 minutes of walking in the park after my 15 minutes of stretches. There were a few tiny drops of rain but nothing ever occurred after that. DC and I did 3 hours of volunteer work at the library.

Today I hope to avoid storms and run on the trail. I may even do a cardio workout instead because it’s really stormy looking right now. I think it is helping my endurance to do that even though I’d rather be running.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-17 12:31 PM
That's a lot of volunteering! Hope you don't get stuck in the rain.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-17 6:59 AM
It's back to being warm and humid here.  It is supposed to be slightly cooler this weekend, but only because it's supposed to rain all weekend.  I ran my 6.66 route this morning.  Surgeon sis and her DH are coming to visit for the weekend. :happy:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-17 11:53 AM
Great work on the 6.66 miler. Hope you have a fun visit with surgeon sis. :happy:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-17 12:30 PM
Did your sister move? I think I missed something.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-17 2:09 PM
This is the one who was living overseas, not A., right?
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-18 7:25 AM
I have three sisters.  Surgeon sis has lived various places in the eastern US and got married last month.  China sis lives in China most of the time, but is back here for a year.  She's been married for 10+ years and has 3 kids.  A is the youngest and has myriad health problems.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-17 12:29 PM
I did a combo of core work, yoga, and strengthing exercises. A mixed bag. I put on my bike shoes and my toe was not happy, so I will continue what I'm doing. It sort of forces me to do more of what I slack on, which is good. I am able to do 3'sets of 10 push-ups, the modified ones. It is nice seeing progress. Tonight I am seeing a short play that one of my students is in. Tomorrow night we have an anniversary party. Other than that, I have my knitting group tomorrow afternoon and I hope to relax on Sunday.
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-17 12:32 PM
ugh you can't even bike. At least I can bike!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-17 5:55 PM
Shoes were the thing with my toe. It didn't like being surrounded by shoe. However, I did my marching cardio workout after the first 3 weeks off I did the workout barefoot and found it to be so different balance wise. It turned out to be good practice for me. Who knew? :laugh:
The mixed bag idea can be a refreshing change. Good idea! :happy:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-18 7:26 AM
Sorry that your toe is still bothering you, but I guess it's good that you're being forced to do the workouts you try to avoid. : pbbt:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday Is Here dailies