Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Psycho Thursday - 8/16
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-16 5:59 AM
Be careful out there today. Something is in the air that may make you do something unexpected and crazy.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-16 6:07 AM
I left my condo today with a plan to run on the River Trail about a mile to the park, run in the park for a mile, then return home over the same route.

But as I ran along the River Trail (for the first time in over a year) I contemplated doing a loop.  The trail comes in at the back of the park, so I could run through the park, out the front, and back home along the roads. I've done this once before, either last year or 2 years ago.  This takes you over a big hill (although I guess 300 feet change in elevation is not that big, but it sure feels big.)

The humidity was a killer, and I walked more than I thought I would, but I finished 5 hard miles instead of 3 easy ones.

And that was my reason for this morning's warning.

Garmin Map: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/2936929347
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-16 8:47 AM
I have Garmin envy.  Mine doesn't do heart rate and cadence and I'm a stats junkie.  Congrats on a good run in awful weather.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-17 5:31 AM
I hear that. But I never had any luck with Garmin. I"m still on the prowl for a new watch. I finish my run (which is not long mind you) and my battery is toast.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-16 8:52 AM
Fog is what's in the air.    First day of school and we have 1/2 mile visibility.  I was out with the dog and shuddered everytime I saw a kid on a bike riding on the wrong side of the road.  Don't get me started on the cars with no lights on...

I wish coffee was a health elixir as I'm in the mood to drink several pots.  (sleepless night)  I had done a lot of low back and spine flexion stuff in yoga and while all that felt great my feet started complaining as soon as I got in bed.  Even the sheets hurt.   I'm sure it's all in my head.

More yoga today; saving my next run for Saturday when the humidity clears out and Lee can stay with the dog.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-16 9:43 AM
Dawn 10k this morning (6.51 miles)
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-16 9:46 AM
Thunderstorms and lots of rain are in the air.  Heavy rains started last night.  This morning at 4:30 it was thundering and lightning with heavy rain.  It did that for nearly an hour. 

After doing some reading and breakfast I came into school early again this morning.  I always get to school about 45 minutes early anyway, but getting here 90 minutes early gives me more time to chat with one of our custodians whom I have known for 28 years.  Plus I get a head start on the day with paperwork, answering emails, etc.

It feels different at home without Makayla there.  I am used to Ryan not being there now, but still adjusting to Makayla's absence.  We texted back and forth for a little bit last night.  She is doing well and loving campus life.

CC practice may be indoors this afternoon.  It's still raining.  100+ kids running in the building.  We'll break them into groups and spread them out.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-17 5:40 AM
I didn't check in yesterday, but this was a great warning!!! So hindsight and all that!!! I almost was hit in a parking lot again!!! Sheesh what is up with that? Then on the way to work there is a rail trail. The rule is that people on the Rail trail are suppose to stop and push a button so cars will stop. They NEVER do this!! Ever!!! I have had so many near misses, and I am mindful of people on it. I see cars zoom over it. And people always honk when I stop and there is no one there.  I am in the habit of coming to a full stop at the crossing. So this morning I come to a full stop and this woman zooms right, I mean right in front of my Jeep. No thank you, no apology, doesn't even look my way. If I hadn't stopped she would have hit my door.

So Psycho Thursday indeed. I won't go into the psychos I dealt with at work.

But it was my grand daughters 12th birthday!!! Cannot believe that!!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-17 7:06 AM
Hope your granddaughter had a fun day celebrating her birthday!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Psycho Thursday - 8/16