Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Are Going To Rain
- - By judyruns Date 2018-08-16 5:19 AM
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-16 5:21 AM
Wednesday I kept going and did 60 minutes out the trail. After doing my stretches, I did 20 minutes walking around the park.
Today I plan a trail run and a walk. Might add a little cardio. Volunteer work I think as well. I might be running in rain. I'd better dash.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-16 5:53 PM
I hope you had a good run! Your day sounds busy.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-16 5:37 PM
Hey, everyone. So Happy It's Thursday. Actually feeling a lot happier than yesterday. Got up and went to the gym and had a pretty decent workout.

The pain level in my knee has decreased and mobility has increased as the swelling has gone down. Basically anything I feel comfortable doing, I am cleared to do, except for running, jumping or loaded pivot turns. (None of which I am going to attempt anyway.) What that translated to today was that I felt okay using the TRX straps for some exercises, and was able to do pushups and core exercises on the mat. I realized there is a TON that I can do even with a full leg brace on later, so that helped my mood. The workout felt good.

Went shopping afterward and got a new body pillow to support my leg, and got a few other things that I will need for my trip back East tomorrow. I am flying to Dulles and then will be helping friends drive their first van load of household goods to Idaho. I will be reasonably close to the old house, so I am hoping maybe I can see the Ratbag on Saturday. Not really expecting it, but still hoping.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-16 5:49 PM
I hope you get to see DS. You are so strong with your workouts.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-17 5:04 AM
Hope you get to see DS. Doing ANY kind of workout we can is so valuable to our brains. I'm glad it is going better for you. :hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-17 6:56 AM
I'm glad to hear that you've found workouts you can do, even with a bum knee. :cool:

Best of luck this weekend. :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-16 5:47 PM
Nothing today, but yesterday I did push-ups and some core stuff. Not much, but something is better than nothing. I might try bike riding tomorrow. I'm not sure if the shoes will irritate my toe. I have been off prednisone for a week now and my body has had some ups and downs. Some days I'm super stiff and achy for no real reason. I promised myself I will take it easy and not worry about pushing myself right now. It's a good thing I have a lighter schedule.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-17 5:03 AM
Glad things are working out. It makes good sense to do what you can and adjust as you have to do so. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Are Going To Rain