Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Just Flew In
- - By judyruns Date 2018-08-14 6:08 AM
Post. :grin:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-14 6:09 AM
The knee has been cranky when I start to run, but once I am going it doesn’t hurt. I’m keeping up with the exercise for the adductors and the quad stretches more as well.

Monday I decided to do some domestic XT, especially “redding up” or what we would now say is “reducing clutter”. Have any of you heard of the “redding up” saying?
Since I was home I decided to do two cardio sessions. One was 40 minutes and the second was 30 minutes. They help to keep my endurance up. I need to practice the cardio to keep in shape endurance wise. It also helps rest the knee if it's cranky.
Today I hope to do an early run, then errands. I have a book for study on hold at the library.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-14 3:12 PM Edited 2018-08-14 3:19 PM
Just met with my orthopedist and found out my right knee has a full ACL tear and a meniscal tear. I will need surgery.

I like not this news. Bring me other news. :meh:

Other details: surgery can be scheduled in just a few weeks. No need for a 3-month wait like last time. Same surgeon, which is great.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-14 5:49 PM
:cry::cry::cry:  That just plain sucks.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2018-08-14 7:37 PM
No effing way!:cry::cry::cry:

You can do this, Zip. It sucks, but you can. :hug::hug:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-14 9:25 PM
Ouch. Sorry. Hope you recover quickly - ice that knee a lot after surgery and go to the PT!

Next summer for a race maybe...
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-15 2:33 PM
This was not how the script was supposed to go. "Happily ever after..." is not supposed to include knee-hab, is it? :sad:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-15 6:08 AM
Dang! I am so sorry. Good that you can get surgery pretty soon. :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-15 2:42 PM
Same surgeon as before. He's awesome. Happy about that.

But still seriously dreading all this. Can I please, please not have to change everything in my entire life? We've already changed or eliminated almost everything else I have ever been or done or am familiar with.

Oh geez. I just said that after trying to tip-toe around it internally.  Change is hard. Changing EVERYTHING, even for the good, is even harder. I don't even know who I am or why I should care about rehabbing this time because I have no idea what the fuck the purpose is.  I feel so lost some days.

I was trying to get to the gym but now I'm just sitting here ugly crying.
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-15 4:04 PM
Change sucks, yes. It hurts. It's unnatural. We want things to be like they were but better.

Many things about you are not changing. You are still you. You have your intelligence and your store of knowledge and your wit and your muscle memory. You know how to do things. Yes you have scars but scar tissue is stronger than the surrounding tissue. (Which is why plantar fasciitis hurts so much.)

I am sorry. This is unfair that you should have to go through this again. Crying is understandable. You will get through this with the help of T-bone and his daughters and your other friends and you will come out the other side.

Hang in there.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-08-15 1:16 PM
:sad: So sorry to hear this Zip. But relieved that the surgery can be done relatively quickly so the healing can begin that much sooner.
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-14 9:24 PM
3.2 this morning with RN and her pup Millie. Millie is getting better at running with people -- once she has done her business and run a mile or two she is a lot more tolerant of us slow humans.

I made it to the gym yesterday but had a meeting today. I also have meetings tomorrow and Friday. So much for gym visits at lunch!
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Just Flew In