Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday dailies here
- - By judyruns Date 2018-08-13 3:54 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-13 3:55 AM
Friday I dashed out to the park and did 35 minutes running the trail and 25 minutes walking in the park. DC and I did 2.75 hours volunteer work.
Saturday was SDO. The knee needed the rest
Sunday Buddy and I ran 80 minutes out the trail and around the park.
Today I think a short run out the trail, then a walk or cardio dvd.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-13 10:27 AM
Sounds like a good weekend!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-13 5:10 PM
Busy weekend!
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-13 5:40 AM
I made a new running friend (NRF?) :laugh: Saturday. We had a neighborhood party and a met a woman who lives around the corner from me, her kids go to private school so really had not run into her before and they are a bit off my kids ages but we hit it off and I invited her to run with me Sunday and we have a similar pace/distance. I basically texted her the days and times I'll run this week and said feel free to join me if you want if not no biggie. I'm glad to have a new running buddy my current ones are training for Chicago and we are just all on very different schedules as far as running goes so I was going my myself or blowing it off too much.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-13 5:44 AM
Awesome!  Very cool that you were able to meet someone just around the corner who can run with you. :happy:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-13 6:09 AM
NRF it is. Works for me! :laugh:
A good running match is a great idea. I still have one from 1996. :grin:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-13 10:27 AM
Ooo! Hoping it works out.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-13 5:10 PM
It's great you found a NRF.
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-08-14 9:47 AM
Oh, awesome!  :cool:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-13 5:46 AM
I ran an early 5 miles.  The earlier I run, the more traffic there is (ugh), but I'm taking A to a bunch of appointments today so we have to leave before 9 and won't get home until after 5, which means I had to do an earlier run.

Sorry to post and run, but I hope you guys have a good day. :happy:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-13 6:10 AM
Great work on the 5 miler. :happy: Best of luck with the appointments for A.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-13 5:10 PM
I hope traffic wasn't bad and A's appointments went well.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-13 6:26 PM
Eh, well, the appointments were scheduled such that there was some down time in between each one but not enough time to do anything useful so we spent a lot of time in waiting rooms in between, and then the last doctor was running very behind so we didn't leave there until after 5pm, which put us in the worst of rush hour traffic.  Then Google helpfully routed us down a road that is temporarily closed, so it ended up taking quite a while to get home.  But hey, for 3 appointments + a visit to the lab we were gone for just under 10 hours. :grin::meh:
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-08-14 9:48 AM
:cry::cry:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-13 10:46 AM
I am going to the gym today after a week of gimping around. There is a ton of stuff that I can't do right now because it bends or twists the knee...even stuff like getting down onto a mat to do pushups kinda sucks. But there are just enough options that I think I can do a decent arms and core workout.

The MRI was yesterday and I speak with my orthopedist tomorrow about the results. I am trying not to think too hard about it, but there is a part of me that is really, really worried this will be worse than I expect. I hate waiting for results, because my pessimistic side tends to kick in pretty hard. I expect based on how this feels and what I have read that this is an MCL sprain, probably with a partial tear somewhere. But the brain weasels keep chewing on the possibility that maybe there is more damage in there.

And adding to the anxiety is the fact that T-Bone got hit in an unlikely way at practice last night and probably has cracked his collarbone. Nothing is displaced, but he's pretty sore. I want him to go get an X-ray.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-13 11:43 AM
By the way, I'll be back in Virginia at the end of the week. I have asked the Ratbag if he might be willing to meet with me before he heads back to college. I have been writing to him every week just to say "hi" and remind him that I am thinking of him all the time. Send good thoughts our way.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-13 1:49 PM
My very best wishes that this goes well with Ratbag. Our kids almost always come around, but the waiting for it to happen is the pits. I think it was a good idea for you to keep writing to him. :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-13 5:04 PM
Sending positive vibes your way.:hug:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-13 6:33 PM
Best wishes. :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-08-14 9:49 AM
~~~~~~~~~Good vibes!  I really hope that he meets with you.  :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-13 1:50 PM
Wishing you both the best of luck! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-13 5:06 PM
Fingers crossed for you.
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-08-14 9:49 AM
Thinking of you and T-Bone!  I really hope things are not near as bad as feared.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-13 5:06 PM
Nothing today, but I did some core and strength work yesterday. Today I cleaned my kitchen floor, which is a workout, as I scrub it on my hands and knees. I can't wait to ride my bike or run soon. Hoping to get back to those soon.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-13 6:17 PM
Hands and knees floor scrubbing is definitely domestic XT and therapy to boot. :cool:
Great work on the core and strength work. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday dailies here