Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Thread (11-12 Aug)
- - By swandive Date 2018-08-11 9:31 AM
RR and NRR welcome here. :happy:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-11 9:43 AM
I ran a slow 13.8 miles.  It's still very warm and humid and all of that, so it wasn't a particularly enjoyable run.  I did see several large groups of cyclists, though.  I did get a pair of Drymax socks and my feet did feel a bit less wet than last week.  I think I need some Drymax shorts, too. :laugh:

Most of the rest of the family is going for a dinner picnic, but I am staying home because I really don't enjoy being outside in August.
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-08-11 12:12 PM
Not a fan of sitting outside in the heat either.
Nice job on the run! Now if only Drymax shorts worked and stayed dry! I looked like I went for a swim after my run today.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-12 4:52 AM
You could wear AC in your shorts in this weather and end up wet and soaked. Drymax just helps keep chafing down IMO in the summer. I do have one pair from Ascis that I LOVE and wish I could find the same pair again (once I find something I love I've had to wear it long enough they are never in stock :mutmad:)
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-08-12 7:03 AM
Right! Nothing was going to keep shorts/shirt dry this weekend, way too humid!
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-08-11 12:11 PM
20 miles done! Goal 8:30, finished avg 8:28 :grin: Struggled to keep pace as it was humid the last half. Didn't start as early as I wanted because we stayed up late. O's friend invited us over for outdoor movie last night, Mighty Ducks, I was shocked DH had never seen it. It was filmed here and a huge deal when I was younger.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-12 7:14 AM
Well done!  I can't imagine running that kind of mileage in the summertime.  Then again, I'm slow enough that my 14 miles took almost as long as your 20 miles. :laugh:
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-12 9:37 PM
DNF at Crater Lake on Saturday. 16 miles in 4 hours means there's a hard decision to be made when the time limit for the race is 5.5 hours.

Southern Oregon and northern/central California are on fire all over. Smoke makes it hard to breathe.

No run today since I drove 550 miles home.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-13 5:42 AM
Sorry about the DNF (as well as the smoke and the long drive).  Was Crater Lake a marathon or an ultra?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-13 7:42 AM
You made the right decision. You are bada$$ all the time. You more than deserve some slack, Missy! :happy:
- - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-12 4:50 AM
I am running both days yay me. Not like 20 mile or anything. : pbbt: But trying to ramp up to 4x a week in anticipation of some cooler weather and I've got a 5K on Sept 8 that kind of snuck up on me.  I like my new Clifton 5 Hokas. They are a bit wider and longer than the 4s so I probably could go with half a size down (I had sized half a size up in the 4 so basically my real size) and I've been ordering the wide size which I would keep doing even though I only get one ugly color in the D size. But my toes are happier.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-12 7:15 AM
Look at you hoping that cool weather will be coming to Florida soon. :laugh::cry:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-12 2:36 PM
By cool I mean 85 and 90% humid.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-12 3:13 PM
:cry::cry::cry:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Thread (11-12 Aug)