Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Favorite day Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-10 5:43 AM
Yay!!! It’s Friday! :cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-10 5:57 AM
--Glad the end of the week is here.

--Need to figure out when I want to take Meadow and Sarge to the vet. They’re not due for rabies but they are for whatever else they routinely administer. Plus, Meadow really needs her nails trimmed. The vet I usually use has a walk-in clinic from 12-2 everyday but I’m not sure I want to do that with two dogs, one who doesn’t like other dogs and the other who isn’t the biggest fan of people. I might need to make a special appointment.

--We should get our steer calves this weekend. Cattle pen, waterer and feed bunk are all ready to go. The guys also have quite a bit of the interior fencing done. :cool:

--We have about $16-18K in fencing and gates. :cry: I’ve quit keep a tally because it stresses me. Glad two sides of the perimeter were already fenced.

--My seniors were pretty good yesterday. I had an 80 year old woman who got up and did the exercise portion with me and then a 90 year old woman who came up and assisted with the fruit smoothie. :happy: Everyone sampled the smoothie and seemed to like it. This group is all about food so I’m just going to make something with them every week and call it good. Maybe play bingo for prizes the last week. The focus of the curriculum is increasing fruits and vegetables. I think I’ll take in some tomatoes from my garden next week and do a cucumber tomato salad. :happy:

--It’s nice being out of the office doing things. I’m not an office kind of girl. : pbbt:

--I scheduled an adult class (series of 6) in Greenfield that I’ll begin Sept. 17th. It’ll be every other Monday for 2 hours. :cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-10 6:13 AM
I knew you'd be able to keep the seniors in line.  :grin:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-10 6:23 AM
Slip those seniors a little Ambien and class will be just fine
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-10 7:04 AM
Can you take one to the walk in and a set appointment for sarge? Maybe first of the day?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-10 7:13 AM
yikes that amount would stress me out too although I'm guessing that covers a pretty large area of fencing

Sounds like a good time with the seniors
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-10 6:21 AM
~Busy-Ass day. Suzi doing practice with the rats this morning 7-9. Have to go through uniforms at noon with the track coach. Packet Pickup 3-6. Mixer for HS XC runners 7-8:30 at the running store.

~Then gotta be down to set up tomorrow morning for the 5K at about 4:30

~When a dad texts asking what time practice is exactly 2 minutes before it starts.....I'm guessing his kid won't be there :roll:

~I'm thinking this should be my last year coaching

~Coming down with a cold

~When you tell your athletes "I've emailed this information like 10 times since the start of the summer". Their reply? "Oh, I don't open those" :roll::mutmad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-10 6:27 AM
Is there anyone you can start grooming for the coaching job?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-10 6:30 AM
Unfortunately no.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-10 7:20 AM
definitely sounds like you guys have your hands more than full. If you're not getting enjoyment out of coaching maybe it is time to look at an exit strategy. I feel like coaching in this day in age has to be 10x harder than coaching 20 years ago
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-10 6:24 AM
*It seemed like it stormed all night long last night.  That'll crank up the humidity even more.  :shocker!:

*Ellie is playing her let's drop my favorite toy down the stairs for you to go get for me game this morning.  :roll:  She got bonus points by bouncing it into the cat's water bowl.  :roll:  I told her I wasn't playing any more.  She still dropped it again.  So now her favorite toy is lost at the bottom of the steps and she is pouting.  :laugh:  I swear it's exactly like when the kids would drop food off their highchair tray over and over again when they were babies.  :laugh:

*I'm in the next town over for work today.  :meh:  Now I don't accept clients I have to drive that far for.  At least it's just once a month. 

*School starts next week here.  :shocker!:  It feels early.  Guess I'd better see if we are doing any back to school shopping.  I got Joseph new shoes before band camp.  Not sure what else he needs.  I haven't had him try on his jeans since spring.  He'd better not need a whole new set.  Again. 

*I still haven't gotten used to Marie being gone.  I keep expecting her at 1:30 in the afternoon and at 10:30 at night.  That's when she would come home between jobs and at night.  Of course that means I don't have to stay up that late now, but somehow I still do.  :roll:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-10 6:32 AM
Our kids start back next Thursday. They used to start with half days but it's full days from day one. They aren't happy. Hahahaha
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-10 7:21 AM
ha that sounds exactly like Benjamin with the high chair

School started here last week (and my niece was even earlier than that). It is just crazy
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-10 7:53 AM
Finally Friday - Omg this week has been long.

Going to see The Meg tonight with my mom, Erica, and her mom.

One day till Rip's tournament:cool::cool: I'm so excited for soccer to start!

Filled Rip's lunch with the following:
bologna, bag of carrots, bag of blue berries, granola bar, koolaid. Is that enough? I think so. She doesn't like bologna with tortillas and we are out of bread.
She said it wasn't enough. I say that is why she has a round belly (at least thought it, didn't say it). She wanted to add a lunchable on top of that. WTH.:mutmad: I got mad.

I need a nap.

Oh, and the house was so cool last night and this morning we had to turn the ac off:laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-10 8:12 AM
I probably would’ve added some cheese cubes or another protein but other than that I think the lunch was great. :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-10 8:32 AM
She doesn't eat cheese. But thanks! I can do that. Just have to convince her it is enough.:roll:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Favorite day Friday RTTs