Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tell me about the Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-09 5:18 AM
What’s going on today?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-09 5:51 AM
No AC repair yesterday. Here's hoping for today. I'm supposed to have a confirmed appointment at some point today, just don't remember what time. They are supposed to call.

I'm sure the added heat and humidity is totally helping me kill all the fleas:roll: How do people with dogs deal? WTH. Every year at this house, the cats are fine, but loki is crawling with fleas. That with a freaking $70 flea collar on. Vacuuming daily. Laid down salt and baking soda last night. Need to wash all the bedding. :roll::roll:

Jeez I can't wait to complain about my house being too cold again.:laugh:

Ripley's first soccer tournament with her new team is this weekend. There are three teams. She is on the basic team. Let me tell you, when she figures that out, she is gonna be pissed and motivated. Not that she isn't motivated already, but I can't wait until she figures it out.:laugh::laugh: I'm sure as heck not telling her.

Tj loved his dance class:laugh::cool: This class is Hip Hop. He showed me three moves. He made new friends.

Time to buckle down financially again:roll:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-09 5:58 AM
I don't know how people even live without AC. I couldn't do it
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:00 AM
I have absolutely zero issues with fleas as long as I use Nexguard. Frontline used to work well too but I prefer the chewable tablet so the dogs don’t have a patch of greasy fur. Missouri is the capital for bugs of all kinds so if it works here I would think it would work anywhere.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:09 AM
Googling nexguard.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:11 AM
Calling the vet to get a scrip.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:11 AM
I think you will be happy with it.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-09 1:37 PM
is basic the lowest level?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-10 6:25 AM
It is still academy level. The name is Academy I. There there is also Premier and Elite. Elite is what you had to try out for. She will work her way up. :happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-09 5:57 AM
--Opened the newspaper (6 days after it came out) and noticed my friend Belinda, who I have done a lot of running with, lost her husband. :sad: I had no idea. I knew he wasn’t in the best health. They didn’t have any services. I’m going to try to grab her for lunch some day or even get together for a run.

--You know you have this tomato growing thing down when an Amish woman calls you asking if she can buy tomatoes from you. :cool::grin:

--Gave my sister a massage yesterday. She needed a ton of work on her hamstrings and IT band and gluteals due to the knee surgery. She was going to give me $100 for the massage. :shocker!: She was like, “that’s what I’d pay in CA”. I settled for sixty. :wink:

--Turned in my mileage for our conference last week and the lady that approves it said she would just do the meal expenses since she did everyone else’s. Got the confirmation that it was approved and I got about $40 more for meals than I was expecting. :cool: They’re pretty cool about things like that. They tend to error in our favor. Probably because we’re getting the shaft on mileage. Hopefully that will change the first of the year if we can get some new blood in some key political positions.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:00 AM
Our tomatoes are barely hanging on. But the apple trees are doing better than ever
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:12 AM
My mom has a ton of apples on her tree too.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:12 AM
What is going on with the mileage reimbursement?

So sad about your friends husband:cry:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-09 2:32 PM
Greitens cut it $.14/mile. Had to make cuts to take care of his cronies and mistresses. That’s a lot of money to people working to serve others who aren’t making a lot of money. He sabotaged in-home health care too. I hope the guy is changing shitty diapers for his parents some day.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-09 1:37 PM
sorry to hear about your friend's husband

$100 seems cheap for CA even. I feel like it can cost close to that here for an hour
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:11 AM
~Apparently after saying we weren't going to time any XC meets this year we are going to time a bunch of XC meets hahaha

~We are doing one college meet

~We have to time our own invitational because the timer they had bailed on them

~We will also time the HS meet the University hosts that we are running in

~And another local school that wants to host a new meet. We will attend and time

~Doesn't every coach have their kids racing a 5K on the 3rd day of practice or just us? Hahaha

~So. Freaking. Tired.

~Have to get the wheel out and measure and mark some loops for Friday's practice today. Guess I'll get in a mile or 2.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:12 AM
Maybe all this race timing will allow you to quit a DJ job. :wink:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:13 AM
Don't make nearly enough to do that. #DirtCheapRaceTiming
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:13 AM
Well I said I wasn't getting married or having kids so.......:laugh::laugh:

At least you are making some money, right??
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:14 AM
See above re: money

Hahahahahaha

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:20 AM
Time to revise your fee schedule then!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:22 AM
I dunno. The whole reason we got into it was because with this system we could do it at a fair, affordable price.

What we need to do is stop giving everybody discounts on top of the already cheap prices haha
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-09 6:33 AM
That would definitely work, too!

:laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-09 2:35 PM
Yea, no discounts. Always used to irritate me when people would be like “do you have any specials?” I’d be like, yea, my regular rates are a special.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-09 1:38 PM
college meet, way cool!

Does it take away from your coaching to be timing at the same time ?
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tell me about the Thursday RTTs