Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / WTF Wednesdaily
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-08-08 10:26 AM
It's tried, it's true, and it's easy. :wink:

Let us know about your workout and any WTF's in your world today. As a second option, you can turn that WTF upside down and give us a WhooHoo!! for anything positive.
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2018-08-08 11:04 AM
I was supposed to meet some friends to run before work today, but I woke up early yesterday and have been feeling exhausted recently, so I slept in instead. I usually do yoga at noon on Wednesdays, but it was canceled, so I did an hour's worth of core, glute, and leg stuff in the gym. Wow, I am sore already!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:10 PM
:grin:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-08-08 4:21 PM
:cool:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-08-08 4:21 PM
Another day in the tropics here but it was good for 5 miles along the river at lunchtime including a 1.5 miles of lightpoles. Sweaty and draining but really satisfying. Although autumn is just around the corner, it's really nice to feel totally in tropical shape. :cool:

I'll go the WTFHoo route...nice idea! :grin: Today in my hearing, one of the parties was an Hispanic gentleman with somewhat limited command of the English language and who did not have an attorney but had his family and a friend there. The court reporter had some difficulty at a couple points but I had no problem understanding every word as well as his excellent presentation of the facts and his good arguments. I obviously can't say which side ultimately will win but that gentleman was really impressive in his presentation. All parties, witnesses and even attorneys should have such clarity no matter how difficult or stressful the situation. :cool:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-08-08 10:44 AM
5 miles this morning.  Since it was light, but the sun wasn't yet above the tree line, I ran a couple of miles looping a nature preserve/meadow which is about 1.5 miles from my house.  I RARELY run there as (a) I won't run it in the dark because of the large amount of snakes which live there and I want to see them, (b) I won't run it when the sun is higher as I will BAKE, and (c) I forget it is there! I will go to boxing class tonight....it is upper body day so I will likely do 689 push-ups or, if the class isn't too crowded, we will use weights.

WTF.....today, the second pair of Bluetooth headphones I have bought in as many months wouldn't stopped being connected to my phone during the run today.  :mutmad:  I didn't have a chance to fiddle with this morning, but will do so tonight.  The first pair I bought (and have since returned), stopped working and wouldn't charge after only two weeks.

WOO-HOO!  On Friday, I move to my new office in which I will have a fancy desk which when I press a button, raise up so I may stand and conversely, press another button, lower so I may sit with my traditionally horrible posture. :grin:  My dual computer screens are wired through the desk, so it will be super cool.  In addition to the desk, my team is consolidating from three locations into a single office.  This will be great as I am so much better at my job when I can collaborate with others.  The past three years I have officed inside a bank branch which is not my favorite atmosphere.  The only downside is my commute will go from 10 minutes to 25-30 minutes, which still isn't bad.  My last commute was typically 75-90 minutes.
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-08-08 11:42 AM
I have one of those desks but never lower it.

Hopefully the better office dynamic will offset the slightly longer commute.,
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-08 2:49 PM
I'm always paranoid about snakes! Maybe he'll take it easy and you'll only have to do 687 push-ups :laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:10 PM
Sweet on the new desk and digs!!
Nice run! Sounds like a good change up.
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-08-08 11:50 AM
8 miles before work.

My WTF came about 2.5 miles into the run when my watch beeped for the mile split. We run this course all the time and I know where the splits usually happen. When I uploaded my run data, the Garmin shot me way off course until it found me again. So my distance and average pace were way off.

The WhooHoo was that today was the first run this summer that I finished and wasn’t totally wiped out. Almost every run has been a struggle and a death march at the end. There was a little bit of a breeze today but it was warmer than the last few weeks and the humidity was just under 100% so not that much different.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-08 11:56 AM
It' nice to have a run that doesn't kill you now and then. Nice going.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:09 PM
That's such a great feeling at the end of a summer run. :cool:
We have a cold front tomorrow with temps predicted in the 90s. I truly hope the rain will hold off so I can get my morning run in.
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-08-08 11:52 AM
13km .....9km with the pack and 4km with just Molly  :hug:

This is my WTF...

https://www.livescience.com/63280-epa-asbestos.html
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-08 2:47 PM
That's weird to loosen up the requirements now. That being said, we still have it in our basement insulating our pipes. It's not dangerous unless you disturb it and we never go down there.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:09 PM
:happy: Nice run!
- - By old turtle Date 2018-08-08 11:56 AM
SDO  Went to the dermatologist office and got a shot in the buttocks for my spreading poison ivy. I'm trying not to scratch...
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-08-08 12:17 PM
:cry: sorry about your poison ivy - it is my arch nemesis and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, let alone the nicest person ever (you!)
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-08 2:17 PM
I'm hardly the nicest person but I wouldn't wish it on anyone either. I saw one tiny vine. Washed myself like crazy and still am breaking out all over - places totally covered by clothes and not near where I touched that damn tiny little vine. I hate that stuff.
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2018-08-08 12:36 PM
Ouch on the shot. Sorry, but I can’t read the word “buttocks” without falling into a Bubba Gump impersonation. :grin:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-08 2:14 PM
This is when we need runango  so we could all enjoy the impersonation. :laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-08 2:45 PM
Ugh!!! Hope the Prednisone kicks it quickly. I :hug: Prednisone but not enough to catch poison ivy!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:08 PM
:shocker!: Yikes. Hope it clears up.
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-08-08 12:20 PM
today is a run today - my WTF is that after mrbarney let the dogs out, the next time I looked at the clock it was ten to 7. therefore, it became not a run day. : pbbt:

so maybe tonight I will walk the dogs on the mile loop one at a time in order to get in some sort miles. :happy:
my woo hoo is that tomorrow is pick up the new Subaru day! 19 cup holders, bitches!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-08 2:44 PM
I wish time at work would fly by like that!!!!

New car! How exciting!
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:02 PM
Can't wait to hear about the car! What color is it?
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-08-08 4:02 PM
the dark gray - I can't remember their official color name.... if only there was someone here on the forum who knew all the things about all the cars... : pbbt:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-08 5:55 PM
19 cup holders!?! That's my kind of vehicle.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-08-08 12:54 PM
My workout was teaching 6am & 9:30am spin classes this morning.  Not many riders came to either class but both profiles were awesome!  ...if I say so myself :laugh:

We had the Prediction race in our club's series last night.  3.65 miles without watches and a 15 y/o kid from Delaware whose dad has been bringing him & his 17 y/o sister to these for the past 2 years predicted he would run it in 21:55 and nailed it to the second!  2nd year in a row we had a runner do that.  WTF is the 16 y/o girl who predicted she would need 1:30...an hour and a half :cry: to run it and finished in just under 59 minutes.  My woo hoo is that we automated (sort of) the results, entering runner's data as they registered and then their actual time as they finished and the formulas I put in the spreadsheet to calculate the predicted vs. actual difference, along with another to determine the runner's age group, worked as designed!  Two quick sorts after the last runner finished and we were ready for awards.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-08 2:43 PM
That is amazing to hit it exactly!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:08 PM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-08 5:57 PM
to the second is worthy of Ripley's "Believe It Or Not"  :shocker!:
Nice going on the spreadsheet.
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-08 1:00 PM
Today the knee was more sore, but I've been trying to increase its mobility.  It'll never be normal until that improves.  Anyhow, I'm attributing the soreness to that.  But, I still took it "easy" with  45 min on the stairmonster.  That's the longest I've been on it at newgym, but I did turn it down yet another level to make sure I didn't quit.  Then I lifted the "Tempo Back/Bis."  It kicked my tail.  Everything is done to a counting rhythm.  6 sec down/6 sec up for 15, then 6 down (eccentric), 3 up for 12, then 3/3 for 8. REALLY hard for pull-ups.  I never can do them all, but today seemed worse than usual. My grip was shot.  Blech.  It's also the last first day of school for my (last) kid. :cry:  He did humor me when I took his pic.  I have every first day pic since DS1 entered kindergarten.  :hug:

WTF is up with my dryer?  Lately it has been “losing” my underwear.  Losing is a misnomer as they get stuck inside other clothes.  But, teenage boys are not amused pulling out mom’s underwear out of their shirts. :blush:  Which reminds me of an odder WTF.  Back at Xmas, a whole week’s worth of DH’s underwear went missing.  They went through the wash, but never made it into his drawer.  We have yet to find them.  And yes, we went out and bought him all new ones.  But really – WTF?  How do you lose that?!!!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:07 PM
Nice workouts!
I have a terrible grip. No matter how much I worked with the bar, it was terrible!!! I did, however,  make it across the monkey bars in Colorado. :laugh:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-08 6:00 PM
We used to lose stuff over the edge of the barrel. My very endowed babysitter (thing 38DD) did laundry at my house. She asked me later if I had found her bra. Uh no. You should have seen the look on the repairman's face when he pulled out that faded pink thing about 6 months later. (Obviously not mine :laugh:)
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 2:22 PM
35 min spin
42 burpees :cry:
some core stuff

I feel blah today!

WTF? I'm so torn on what to do with my kiddo. He went to his first soccer practice last night. His PT said to take it easy but he could go. Today, he's not walking well at all and looks like he's in more pain than he has been in quite a bit. The no brainer is to have him not play but that makes him upset. We told him we think the best thing for him right now is total rest for a few days. He does go back to PT tomorrow so we will see what he says.
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-08 2:42 PM
When mine are/were hurt (all the freaking time :meh:) I send them to practice, but they don't play. I usually (when younger) gave the the coach a heads up that they were hurt and not to play. But they can still learn by watching and enjoyed hanging out with friends. And can do some stuff - set up cones or whatnot - depending on the severity of the injury.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:03 PM
Thanks for sharing this. He requested to still go to practice even if he can't participate. My first instinct was no, but now that you say this, I feel differently.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-08 4:44 PM
In the beginning when they were younger, I'd text/talk to the coach and say "DS has hurt his <insert relevant body body> and is not to run. Would you rather I bring him and he watch/help, or keep him home?" They always said to bring him. Now, he coordinates everything himself. But I did like giving the coach the choice and also a heads up. When I coached swimming certain kids always said something hurt to get out of working...
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-08-08 2:52 PM
The summer between 4th & 5th grade, blazerboy broke his right leg and was in a walking cast.  Soccer practice started up and he was supposed to return to the team he played on the two previous years.  We had him go to practice because, well you know how boys are, :roll: and the coach just stuck him in the goal because he couldn't run.  Blazerboy just moved as he was able in the goal during practice.  This resulted in him learning how to play goalie (very well).  And since his right leg was in the cast, he learned to be left-footed which made him a more versatile soccer player as he got older.  So......maybe your son can "be stuck" in the goal during practice?  That way, he is there, he is doing something and who knows?  He may become a keeper!   

AND, that year, The Grizzlies won their bracket in Allen Sports Association and went to the Tournament of Champions. :happy::happy:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:04 PM
Hey!! That is awesome!!
All good points. I love runango! Solving my first world problems. :laugh:
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-08-08 2:57 PM
hi friends! studying my little brain out for my PhD comp exams next week. Trying to get in a daily power walk and doing pretty well with that - I have a lot of lecture notes recorded so I listen to those on my phone while I'm walking. Double duty. Anyway, 5.5 power walk miles today, plus some squats, lunges, and planks.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-08 3:04 PM
:cool::cool: Good luck!
When is your due date again?
- By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-08-09 8:52 AM
Nothing. Have a cold.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / WTF Wednesdaily