Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday 8.8.18
- - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 5:39 AM
Wake up!!! Rise and shine! Up and at em. Time to meet the day.

You know post em and what ever else you have happening.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 5:51 AM
After a very emotional day yesterday I was up early and out the door. I ran in a neighborhood I haven't run in for a while. It's one of those weird developments with a mismash of roads. I couldn't remember which streets were loops and which connected to a main road. Of course I chose the wrong road, ended up on a loop road and ran the wrong way at the end. :shocker!: when the conservation/marsh area was on the wrong side I stopped and thought hmmmm :wtf: So a 30 minute run was a 35 minute run. Not that much different, but not the run I had planned out in my head. Next time look at the map. :laugh::laugh:

I cleaned the pool last night. It is very meditative.  It looks amazing! I love it when it's clear, blue, and clean. This morning a frog was sitting on the edge and jumped in when it saw me :shocker!:, I guess someone else likes it too. My neighbors cat was so lovey this morning I think he misses his humans. Such a sweet cat. But he wants me to scratch and pat him all day.

Off to H2o aerobics and deep water class in a few. Then errands.

I was looking at races last night :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:

That's all I have...
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 8:40 AM
That's all???   Wow, that's quite a bit.   So a frog in the pool?
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:36 AM
Yes, frogs are always jumping in the pool. I would think the chemicals would bother them, but I guess not. It freaks my granddaughter out. I catch them and show them to her, she just screams.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-08 6:57 AM
I got caught in the rain again.  Third time in recent days.

I went to the park and as I started running a light rain started. I decided to stick to the .65 mile loop around the pond so I could quit if I wanted. (Normally I head out along the park roads.)

On the first loop, the rain got harder, and then let really let loose. I ducked under a picnic shelter when it got really bad. I was pretty sure this was just a small pop-up shower so I waited about 5 minutes until it let up some.  I went back out and ran until I got to 4 miles.  Eventually, the rain completely stopped.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 8:42 AM
Running in a summer rain.  As long as no lightning bolts.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:38 AM
That's some determination!!! Glad you got your run in and no lightening bolts!!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-08 7:02 AM
12.09 miles. 3 miles easy. 8@GMP of 7:38 actual splits: 7:36, 7:37, 7:33, 7:41, 7:37, 7:36, 7:41, 7:29. Avg Pace: 7:36. 1 Mile cool down

Warm and muggy. Must be August.

oldest son, daughter in law and grandbaby still visiting from Arizona. They will be here for another week.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:59 AM
Pure love in that house!  You need to take a picture of the cousins and post it here.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-08 9:03 AM
Sam bought matching outfits for all the little ones. got some good pics of the 3 grandkids...plus a few of our own little ones
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-09 5:33 AM
waiting to see the picture.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 8:49 AM
12 miles with those splits in this soup:shocker!::cool:  What time of day was this, and how do you manage a cool down?   Do the Bowie ladies come out and fan you?  Rob's Fan Club.

Bet Sam is really loving grandbaby time.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-08 9:04 AM
i ran from 630 to around 8. Not too bad. Walk around for awhile before showering or i just end up sweating after the shower too.
Sam is having a blast.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:59 AM
Thanks for the start Deb!

I am heading out for a hike and then I will report about it.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:14 AM
Glad to have you back!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:39 AM
We will be waiting!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-08 8:26 AM
Good morning all.  Thanks for the Daily Deb!

4 miles in the rain this morning.  I walked the dog and it was dry but the minute I headed out for a run the rain started.  Oh well, wet human smell beats wet dog smell any day of the week.

I am working with Misha again on her separation anxiety.  The rescue told me at 3 years old she should be willing to be without me.   So I started at 3 minutes of her all alone and not in her kennel.  Adding a few minutes a week we made it to 18 yesterday!!  (I went for a walk and it rained the whole time:mutmad:)  I have visions of being able to go to the store or the library without preparing a Kong full of treats to bribe her into doggie prison.  It's the little things :happy::happy:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 8:52 AM
Another wet runner on the forum.  Supposed to rain here tonight.   I may have to go run.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:41 AM
Wow I didn't know she had anxiety. That's like having a wee one. Little things count big time!!! Congratulations!!!!

Calling for storms tonight. I was muggy this morning but no rain!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:54 AM
unless she is locked in Doggie prison, aka the old coal room, she is never more than 18" from me.  It used to be exhausting.  Now it just feels normal.  My former Siberian was not like this at all.  I had no idea...
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:11 AM
I'm back in DE to stay awhile.   It's been over 3 weeks that the grandkid adventure started.  I'm going through separation anxiety.  Lynda had to bribe me with a few treats.:evil::evil::evil:  My trip home was grand.   I took Greyhound from Asheville to Greenville, SC.   There an old HS buddy met me. Spent the day with him and had a great time.   He took me to Clemson where I caught an Amtrak bus (yes Amtrak has a bus service) back to Greenville.  Caught the Amtrak train.  It was 2+ hours late so arrived at 1:15 AM.  Got back to Wilmington at 2:15 PM the yesterday.   Breakfast in the dining car was superb. Scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, and croissant. The croissant is mandatory since the train is called the Crescent.   They should call it the Polar Express.  They set the AC on full windchill.  I had a heavy long sleeve shirt and was still cold.  Made it rough sleeping. 

Grass cutting this AM.   First time in 2 months I believe.

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:14 AM
I'm thinking of opening a blanket concession at the Amtrak station.  I think I could sell them for a small fortune.

Glad you've had so much grand kid time.  Nathanial is growing like a weed - looks like a happy baby.:happy:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 11:34 AM
Nathanial needs to sleep at night!  Ellen is getting exhausted.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-08 2:19 PM
One of the movie theatres here sells blankets.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 3:29 PM
Yeah,  I bet things can get might hot under those blankets.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:31 AM
Welcome to the first day of school!  Kids came through the doors this morning just as a t-storm was overhead.  It's fun to meet new 4th graders as my school is 4-6 grades.  Most of them came from the K-3 building which is next door, so the same campus. 

I'm sending home cc information today.  We will begin next week.  Time to start the kids running again.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:43 AM
wow school already?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:48 AM
Typical starting date for us.  We Kentuckians need more education.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:55 AM
Could be because they close the schools whenever there is a snowflake in the air?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:56 AM
:laugh:

I think you start early because you have all those icy days ahead of you.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 11:01 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-08 9:53 AM
Speaking of xc, I've seen the high school girls' xc team practicing at the park a few times in the past week or so. They have a big scary team. Maybe it is more than 1 school or maybe there are just a lot of runners at the local high school.

I say they're scary because when I was driving out of the park this morning, about 20 of them were coming down the road from the opposite direction. They filled both lanes of the road so there was nowhere for me to drive. They looked serious. They eventually split and let me pass, but part of me was wondering if they were going to beat me up first. I almost closed the windows and locked the doors.  They are all pretty tiny, but I don't think I could take 20 of them at one time.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-08 10:03 AM
I know what you mean.  A pack of lean cc runners is serious business.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-08 11:17 AM
Totally off topic!!!

I think I'm hiding out the rest of the day!!

I'm driving to library, but I stop at the PO (it's a small PO with a bitty parking lot that is right at the street) this guy just comes barreling in almost hits me when I'm trying to pull out. I'm at a stop sign and this guy is trying to turn onto the road I'm on and I guess feels he can't turn? I admit my Jeep can be intimidating but come on! I could have gotten a Mack truck through there. Why all the sudden can't people drive??? Then... I'm at the library and this woman is in reverse, rolling backward, texting, yes, TEXTING (an older woman too)....really??? :wtf: So I'm just standing in the lot glaring at her, holding my books against me like :wtf:   (I can't tell you how many of those incidents have been on the news here lately pedestrian-car/ bike-car) when she stops texting she looks at me and I'm trying to give her "what the #@$!% is wrong with you?" look. She looks at me smiles and says thank you. I just looked at her. I said "thank you? for what" but she sped away. When I came out of the library two people were talking about careless, reckless drivers today. I piped in and said "did you..." the woman interrupts me -- that's what started this conversation. We thought she was going to hit you!

Ok I'm done..
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-08 11:32 AM
Every time one of my girls left the house in the car my final command was "watch out for stupid people!"
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 3:33 PM
Texting in reverse.   Whoa!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-08-08 2:23 PM
My son and I went for a hike this morning.  6.7 miles. Elevation changes and I need to stop and catch my breath.  I took crackers with peanut butter, fruit, and cheese sticks plus 3 bottles of water for each.  It is mainly shaded and we had a slight breeze, so not too bad.  There were a few areas that were out in the open.  I so enjoy that my son is getting exercise, fresh air and we can have our heart to heart conversations. 

And now I need to some household chores.

Have a wonderful Wednesday afternoon.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-08 3:33 PM
Great report.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday 8.8.18