Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / When Is Fall Coming Wed RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-08 4:55 AM
Apparently Fall is coming on Tuesday, August 28th hahaha

https://www.businessinsider.com/starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte-return-august-28-rumors-2018-8
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-08 5:07 AM
HA! I wish. :meh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-08 5:15 AM
~Pretty good (tough) track workout for the kids yesterday. 5x400 R pace and 1 x 800 I pace. Plus, new this year, a TON of extra mileage on Quality days. The guys were a little shocked with the 2 mile warmup and 2 mile cool down haha

~I am enjoying riding the motorcycle to work but I'm afraid I"m gonna get jacked some morning. Crime is getting really really bad in this town right now

~One of my runners got home from work, pulled up in front of her house, two dudes ran past her and then a third came running carrying a gun. She called police and they totally blew her off, said "sorry, we can't do anything"

~Timing a race tonight at 7. God I'll be glad when we are done with this weeknight 5Ks. Don't get to bed until after 10

~Our kids are REQUIRED to run it though! haha It's practice.

~Small private school in town is hosting a meet this year. Asked if we would come. Gives us a great reason to bail out of this HUGE meet with all the 4A schools. No bus. Half as much to enter. And it's in town. (and Suzi and I will time it for them for a little $$$ under the table)
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-08 5:19 AM
That’s awful about the crime. :cry:

I’m sure your runners will have a better experience at the small meet. :cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-08 5:20 AM
Oh absolutely! The big meet would medal the top 75 but we would still be lucky if one kid would medal

We never run against schools our own size so that will be nice
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-08 6:03 AM
Nothing wrong with having requirements for your kids. :wink:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 6:57 AM
What is going on with the crime? Do you have a theory? Or has it always been like that?

Nice to have such a local meet. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-08 6:59 AM
We are unfortunately the meth capital of the world
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:08 AM
:shocker!::cry::cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-08 5:16 AM
--Back to School Fair went really well. We probably had 100 kids or so. I met the new administrator for OACAC and have a meeting scheduled with her on Thursday about setting up some classes. She kind of got thrown into a tough situation. New to the position and short staffed. They are required to offer life skills classes for their recipients and she has no one to teach them. This is where I can help out. :cool:

--Colleague of mine who just started had her first teaching assignment at a Senior Center yesterday. She said it was horrible. They were so rude. :laugh: I have no idea what to expect. I have exercise and making a smoothie on the agenda. We shall see...........

--Starting Friday I will be spending 2 hours a week at the Food Pantry available to do SNAP applications. Not much opportunity to do a whole lot else there other than maybe an indirect teaching/display with a food tasting. She said they didn’t have interest or even any turnout for classes in the past. That’s ok. At least I have this to do.

--BLTs for breakfast. :grin:

--Giving my sister a massage tonight. She needs a lot of work on her quads, hams and IT band because of the knee surgery. I bet she’s going to know she had a massage. : pbbt::mischief: Nice of me to work her in thought because I have more than desired on my schedule for this week.

--We got rain yesterday. We need more.

--Super foggy out. It’s a little eery.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-08 5:22 AM
You’re a good sister. :cool:

Somehow I bet you’ll handle the rude seniors just fine. :grin:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-08 5:24 AM
No way I could teach classes like that. I wanna come take one of your classes
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-08 7:09 AM
Glad you were able to make a connection with the back to school fair to get some more stuff done

That stinks there isn't more opportunity at the pantry but at least there is a little.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:16 AM
Such a nice sister! You are so helpful when needed:hug::hug:, which is why you are doing too much. :sad:

Aren't all teenagers rude? Good luck! I'm sure you'll have them in control no problem.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-08 8:27 PM
These weren’t teenagers. These were senior citizens. :laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-08 5:51 AM
*I'm not feeling anything pumpkin flavored just yet.  :wink:

*Joseph is very chatty this morning.  It's a little early for chatty for me.  :blush:  I woke with a start when I remembered he had papers I needed to sign.  :roll:

*I have today off, but it does not look like a good kayak day today, or any day this week.  Too foggy/chance of storms.  :sad:

*Ellie lost 7 pounds from last year.  She is 79 pounds.  :shocker!:  She is looking more trim than she was at the beginning of the summer for sure.  And to think we thought she was going to be a small shepherd for the first 2 years of her life.  :laugh:

*Joseph already put in his request for a Big Mac cake for his birthday at the end of the month.   I used to have to make those all the time when the kids were little.  He wants one this year for his 18th birthday.  And he's already called dibs on the marshmallow/M&M eyes.  :laugh:

*How did all of my kids become adults?

*Marie had to go to urgent care last night.  2 days on campus.  Not a good start to the year.  She said her ear hurt when she left, it got a lot worse, fast.  She said it was the worst ear pain of her life.  :cry:  It hurt all the way down her jaw.  She got meds and ear drops (after waiting 2 hours), so hopefully she will be in less pain soon.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-08 5:59 AM
We will have all 3 of our kids married off by the end of the year!

Dang that sucks about Marie :sad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-08 6:05 AM
What is a Big Mac cake?

I think Meadow has found what Elie has lost. : pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-08 8:28 PM
I’m not even going there. I thought the cakes I’ve made have been “involved”. Holy cow! :shocker!:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:18 AM
So sorry for Marie! Ear pain is one of the worst kinds. :cry:

That Big Mac cake is super creepy. Wow.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-08 6:33 AM
Drop off keeps getting worse, today I cried on the way to work bc I hate leaving him like that

I should have cried in the dressing room trying on clothes yesterday. I've gained so much weight and things look so awful in the mirror. I prefer not to know :laugh:

on the bright side my foot finally doesn't hurt to wear shoes so I can workout again. Of course now I need to find the time.

Work 5 year anniversary happy hour was ok. They ask each person what kind of food/drinks they like best to try to accomodate each person's preferences but you can always tell when people are the favorites bc some definitely get more preferential treatment than others. I'm definitely in the "than others" category :laugh::laugh:

Consignment sale started yesterday w/ presale. Didn't sell too much but hopefully it picks up soon after. The fee you have to pay to sell basically ate up a few items worth of stuff but I guess anything else is profit so that is good

Work should be getting lighter but I swear I'm just inundated with all of the stuff I had to put off these past few months bc I didn't have time.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-08 6:34 AM
I hear you on trying on clothes. I was gonna wear jeans to work today since I'm on the motorcycle but not a single pair I own fits me :cry:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-08 6:39 AM
:cry: on the drop offs.  Change is hard.  I hope he adjusts soon.  :hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:19 AM
How long do they say he takes to normalize after you have left?  Poor thing. Totally Tj. It is so rough. :cry:

Clothes just suck in general:sad:. Why can't they just adjust themselves when we change:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-08 11:29 AM
I'm not sure, they said yesterday he cried off and on when he realized he was in a different place but it wasn't all day. I think drop off is just 10x worse
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 6:49 AM
OMG stop talking about FALL and stop talking about Pumpkin Spice Latte. Apparently PSL is the new Christmas. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Even without air conditioning I so love the summer!:cool::cool::cool: Stop wishing me cold again!

Yay! I just got my unread task cleared! How freaking annoying. Now to work on the calendar! 4 unread items:roll::roll::mutmad:

And my calendar is clear. :grin::grin::grin::grin: I knew I could change to daily, weekly, schedule, but if you change the view of the calendar it can be seen as a list:shocker!: And there they were. Stupid unread items.:roll: Deleted!

Who wants to make bets on whether the AC company calls today?:meh:

Tj starts dance today! Hip Hop!:cool::cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-08-08 6:52 AM
I may put my Xmas tree up this weekend : pbbt:: pbbt:: pbbt::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:11 AM
seriously.:roll::roll:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-08 7:23 AM
Still no AC?!?  :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:25 AM
Nope. And i now have 2 companies on it. I do have a confirmed appointment tomorrow. But hopefully the first company will make it today and I can cancel tomorrows. :roll:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-08 7:26 AM
I’m glad you have a definite for tomorrow but yeah fingers crossed for today.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 7:26 AM
Forgot - after our 'run' I stopped at Sprouts to pick up somethings the nutritionist suggested. $85 bucks later.......:roll:

Here I go drinking my first protein shake - Evolve Chocolate. Wish me luck!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-08 11:30 AM
how did it go, errr taste
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 12:52 PM
It was ok. I'm trying to ignore taste and see specific things as fuel. So it was fine. I just guzzled it down and it was done.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 12:52 PM
This is the longest freaking day!:mutmad::cry:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-08-08 8:35 PM
It was for me too. 10 a.m. felt like 2 p.m. :cry:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-08-08 1:16 PM
I got Ellie a Bullymake box since I had a $10 code.  Supposed to be indestructible toys and if she destroys them in 14 days they will send tougher toys.  She basically can have nylabones and that's it.  :meh:  Her box came today.  It was so cute, it was her Christmas.  I let her pick from the box and she's had so much fun.  Right now she's done playing, but she's sleeping with her toys next to her, just in case.  :laugh::hug:  I'm sure she will destroy them before 14 days, but she's played with them over an hour without destroying them and that's a pretty big improvement for her.  :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-08-08 2:01 PM
:laugh::laugh:Such a good doggie mommy!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-08-09 1:36 PM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / When Is Fall Coming Wed RTTS