Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Arrived
- - By judyruns Date 2018-08-07 5:14 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-07 5:16 AM
Monday was getting hot and the Dew Point was rising. I decided to run on the TM for 35 minutes. It works well because I can drink water every five minutes that way.
Today I plan to run but also do some XT. I need a good plan to do a short variety of activities.
Making soup to cook tomorrow. Vegetable beef. Crock pot.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-07 9:26 AM
Enjoy your workout!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-07 6:43 AM
It is definitely warm and humid out there.  Overnight low of 73 and was up to 94 yesterday. :meh:   It was an oppressive, miserable morning for a run, but I ran 5.4 anyway.  I need to mow, but that might have to wait for tomorrow (when it's not actually going to be any cooler than today :roll:).
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-07 9:25 AM
I hope your parents appreciate all that you do.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-07 10:28 AM
Excellent work on the 5.4 miler. And special commendation for running in lousy air. :cool:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-07 11:21 AM
Whew...steamy conditions.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-07 9:24 AM
Nothing for me. I decided to take Judy's and my PT friend's advice and not run for a little while so my fracture can heal. It's killing me, but I'll get through it. Yesterday I did a little core and strength workout. I need to build more into the workout. Hoping for a quick leasing of my toe.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-07 10:28 AM
My actual broken toe advice came from 2 docs...the regular doc and the podiatrist. Both had said not to run but they also said I could do the elliptical, bike, and walk...just nothing where the feet pound down. They also said that sandals with open toes would be perfect. At least it was only 3 weeks off.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-07 11:21 AM
You can still do workouts while the fracture heals. There are LOTS of options for upper body and core. <3 Stationary biking may also be a really good option, depending on where the break is.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-07 11:17 AM
Good morning! The knee pain decreased a LOT overnight, so I slept well. Knee is still tightly swollen above the patella, though. I am using heat and trying to move the leg more today to see if I can get circulation to increase and push the fluid out. Icing yesterday just seemed to make things worse.

Also trying to walk more today and use crutches less, with the theory the movement will also help move the excess fluid out. Heading out to the grocery store; will let you know how that goes. #gimpy
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-08-07 5:35 PM
Glad your pain is getting less. We go through a lot just to exercise. :laugh:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-07 7:58 PM
Using the leg does seem to have helped. It's a little easier to walk now. I can carry glasses of liquids around without spilling now. Carrying coffee yesterday didn't go so well. Today...no problem! :laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Arrived