Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, Monday...6 August 18
- - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-06 5:34 AM
Did not want to get up. Did not want to run. But I did. The humidity is killing me. Time for it to pack it's bag and be on it's way!!!

3 hilly miles this morning. Tried one of my old routes forgot about all those hills.

You know...post away!!!

I'm not good a QOTD so if anyone has one please....

Have a splendid Monday masters!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-06 6:22 AM
Ok everyone, tell one splendid thing.  (and thank you Deb for a splendid start)

You know my routine; going to hang out at the animal shelter and make some litter boxes splendid!!

I've got the national map on the Today show - sorry northeast coasters that humidity is gross.  We are having a bit of it too but not that bad.  Looks like it could rain at any time.  That would be fine by me.  I've been watering my flowers so much I'm a bit afraid of the water bill.

I took a giant leap into the current century and downloaded Kindle for PC.  I get the shakes when I finish a book on Sunday afternoon and the library doesn't open until Monday.  This  should solve that.  Found a few free downloads on Amazon.  I should be able to e-borrow from my library too but I haven't figured that out yet.

Kitty love and yoga; that's my story today.  Be well all.:happy:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-06 7:05 AM
oooh best way to spend the day yoga and kitties :hug:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-06 4:52 PM
How have you lived this long with no kindle? :shocker!: I would not cope!!! I love looking through books at the library when I can't sleep...:blush:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-06 6:57 AM
Thanks for the start, Deb.

Taking the day off to take Katy up to camp for the week. So, I got out early and did a 40 minute run.

Got confirmation Friday that Katy has a nut allergy. Of course, my relatives then had to chime in that we needed to put her up for adoptions since this family has too many nuts. :laugh:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-06 7:06 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-06 3:05 PM
Katy is at camp. This will be her first time attending teen camp. So, we'll see how that goes.

My baby is old enough to go to teen camp. *sniff*
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-08-06 7:47 PM
Wait till your baby is 32. :shocker!::cry::laugh:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-06 9:13 AM
Oh momma it is humid out there.

10.03 miles this morning. 4 mile w/u, 6x1/2 mile at 6:40 pace with 1/4 mile recovery. 1.5 mile c/d. Did the warm up and cool down on the road. Did the workout on the High School track.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-06 9:38 AM
Nothing beats being able to do water aerobics on the HS track.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-06 9:50 AM
Today is the first official day of school for teachers.  The new school year has begun.  Year 28 starting for me.  We had a district meeting and breakfast with our 700 district employees.  The theme for our district this year is "The Orange Frog."  You can google it, but basically a positive psychology of choosing to be happy.  I think there is a lot of complaining and negative drama in the workplace so this is an attempt to drive it out. 

I had another painful flare up with my leg on Saturday.  It became difficult to walk for a few hours, but didn't get as intense as before.  Feeling better today, but still walking slowly and with a slight limp.  The splendid thing today is that I am able to walk and come to work.  I was really wondering about that on Saturday night.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-06 10:20 AM
Tell people to stay away from the news on TV and social media and there would be less negativity at work. At least where I work. Or at least for me.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-06 10:33 AM
That's the truth.  Stuff gets stirred up all the time in the media.  I know a teacher who was fired in the middle of the school year for ranting on social media concerning school-related issues.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-06 2:57 PM
The beatings will continue until morale improves!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-06 10:29 AM Edited 2018-08-06 10:32 AM
I made it the long way home yesterday.  Which was actually 12 miles shorter than our trip to Florida (if that makes any sense.)  792 miles coming home. 804 miles going down.

When we traveled to Florida, we went Home-Lexington-Nashville-Birmingham-Montgomery-Navarre.  There were flashing signs all over the south of Nashville that I-40 would be closed, both directions, from Friday night until Monday morning. So we took an alternate route and cut from Birmingham to Chattanooga on I-59. It isn't longer, but boy that road was rough.  Knocked my fillings loose.  We were going to go Navarre-Montgomery-Birmingham-Chattanooga-Knoxville-Lexington-Home.  But south of Lexington, we were warned of an hour delay up ahead because of multiple accidents. So we ditched I-75 at London, KY and took the "Hal Rogers Parkway" to the "Country Music Highway".  It was shorter than the normal way by a couple miles, but all posted at 55 MPH.  (Not that anyone was going less than 65.)

I didn't feel like working out when I woke up, but I put on my running clothes.  Finally, a little after 11:00 running didn't sound too bad, so I went to the gym and ran 3 on the treadmill.  It is 85 outside so that wasn't an option.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday, Monday...6 August 18