Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Sunday dailes plus little things
- - By old turtle Date 2018-08-05 5:05 PM Edited 2018-08-05 5:14 PM
I just want to put this somewhere. Ok, I ran 10.1 miserable miles. I planned on more but there was this "you're doing more harm than good revelation".

So onto other stuff.  My father was born in a farmhouse 100 years ago this past February. The house is ~ 2 miles from where we now live. The area was developed around 2000. In 1999 I saw the boarded up house along with real estate signs and called the developer. I explained my connection to the house and that I wanted to see it before it was torn down. He gave me a key and told me the house had too much history and was too well built to be bulldozed. The plan was to remodel/add to it for modern living. So that was done. Today the house is back on the market and I toured the renovated house in which my father was born. (My grandmother would be happy that it now has electricity.) :happy:

Coming home from the grocery store I just saw my first ever albino deer. :hug:

So run fail but good day!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-08-05 6:22 PM
Very cool!  :cool:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-05 7:15 PM
That's so COOL!! Thank you for sharing. :hug:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-08-05 7:24 PM
:hug::hug:
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2018-08-05 8:29 PM
8 miles on the dreadmill after getting the girls to bed. I'm in a curious place with my running right now: for the first time in probably a decade, I am healthy, but not really motivated to train. I didn't run the past two days, and I am completely okay with that. I think it happened when my wife and I decided not to run a marathon this fall. I just flipped a switch and said screw it, I'm not going to train my ass off and be tired all the time to run some ok-but-not-great races. So I run when I can and when I want to, and if I don't feel like running or don't have time, it's not a big deal. I am thoroughly enjoying this new outlook.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-05 10:19 PM
After a decade of hard training it's good to relax and enjoy life. (To me 8 miles on a treadmill would be incredibly hard training.)
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-06 8:47 AM
That is SO COOL! about your dad's house. :hug:

Last year I schlepped my kids to my old homeplace. I took them to Cedar Point. They could suck it up. :wink: and the woman let us walk all through the house. I was very grateful and happy to see it so well taken care of. :hug:
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-06 9:04 AM
Cool about your old homeplace. :hug:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-08-06 9:39 AM
:hug: you should totally buy that house!
Parent - - By old turtle Date 2018-08-06 10:06 AM
Nope. It's great for a large family but more bedrooms and less actual living space than we would want. Also there are other things that would not make it right for us. Absolutely loved seeing it though. (Besides we moved just over 6 years ago and I don't plan to EVER do that again.)
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-08-06 10:19 AM
:hug:
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2018-08-06 11:26 AM
Very cool!!!!!
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-08-05 6:32 PM
My workout was a 35 mile bike ride this morning.  A spin class friend (from my 6pm class) asked me & another spin class friend to help her with a couple of training rides as she was appointed co-chair of her company's team for a long charity ride (MS 150) next month.  We 3 and one person from her company showed up & he's a semi-regular in my 6am spin class.  It was nice to have a ride with people I've known for a few years where I was NOT responsible for cueing something every minute/couple of minutes!  We did an "out & back" route with only 3 turns so even though I was "navigating" it didn't require much effort.

It got pretty warm today : pbbt:

My nephew (DW's brother's son), his DW & DS visited with us today.  They came up from the Richmond, VA area to go to a "show" (concert in my lingo) with our DS, his GF and our DD & her DH yesterday.  Everyone but DS's GF was here for lunch since she was working and she joined us for dinner after everyone else but DS had left.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-05 6:55 PM
Sounds like a good riding day and a good family day! :grin:
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-08-05 7:20 PM
4.3 miles for me. Humid.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-05 8:13 PM
:happy:  (I think it was the humidity plus overall fatigue that had me quitting early.)
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Sunday dailes plus little things