Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday 8/5/18
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-05 11:14 AM
QOTD   Do you have any PR's left in you?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-05 11:20 AM
After yesterday's run I tracked down a bunch of spreadsheets from different devices and got them all on my current laptop.   It's an eye opener!  I didn't realize how quickly I slowed down.   I knew I was slower, but it sure was a quick descent!!

The 70-74 female ran yesterday's 5k in 25 and change.  That's what got me investigating.

I overheard the male 75-79 telling his competitor that he was going to start in the row ahead of him so he could look at his backside for the whole race.  I believe he knocked out 24 something.

I have a good friend who competes in the 80 and over.  She came in last overall and won her age group.

I guess what I'm getting at is maybe the PR's don't matter, but it sure is fun chasing them.

Have a good Sunday all!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-05 1:06 PM
Keeping running stats (races or otherwise) is never something I really got into. I'll start a spreadsheet and keep it for a couple of weeks, then it will languish.

I do wish I had a copy of my old website that had about 4 years of race reports. oh, well.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-05 1:03 PM
In a holistic sense, no I probably don't. But I made the decision last year to see my post cancer racing as a new set. So, yea, I get to set and beat lots of PRs :)

41 minutes of running on Creek Rd trail.  Hot and muggy for sure, but the tree canopy and river breeze made it bearable.

Had VBS wrap-up at church today. The kids were a hoot.

Broccoli quiche for dinner tonight.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-05 1:37 PM
My son in law accompanied 40 teenagers to church camp for a week.  I was able to attend the welcome home gig.  Oh my goodness!  Nothing like a church full of tired muddy kids laughing at the weeks worth of videos.  Glad you enjoyed your VBS kids today.  And congrats on the run - the weather is rough out there today.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-05 2:06 PM
Brave man. Good for him!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-05 7:01 PM
I set adult PR's in every distance in 2004. I was looking for races of different distances just so I could PR. I think those are all safe.  (Half marathon pr was actually 2011 now that I checked my log.)

I'm hoping to hit age 60 next year in good enough shape to run 8:00 miles in a 5k. Not a pr, but a feel good goal. That was my goal this year but I don't think I'm going to make it. So I'm treating this year as a base for next year.

Today was a 13 hour drive home. Back to full days and full weeks of work tomorrow.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-06 5:30 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

PR What is that? : pbbt:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday 8/5/18