Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sundailies (and NRR)
- - By swandive Date 2018-08-05 9:02 AM
Post!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-05 9:08 AM
I ran just shy or 14 miles.  It was slow and miserable.  For the last hour my shoes were soggy because they were so completely soaked from sweat. :cry:  My lips still feel salty.  Ugh.  I am so over summertime.  At least I had some good music to listen to, but it was an otherwise entirely miserable morning for a run.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-05 10:33 AM
Have you been to any concerts lately? Summer running is awful.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-05 4:33 PM
No concerts recently.  My next one planned is November.  It's a 5-hour drive each way, but it's my favorite band and a friend who lives closer is going.  I'd love to go to several shows, but they're doing secondary markets so everything is at least 10 hours round-trip and the scheduling to follow them is awful.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-06 3:20 PM
:laugh::laugh:  That is awesome!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-05 12:58 PM
DryMax socks. Seriously. Especially for this kind of run.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-05 4:35 PM
I know, I know.  I'm still looking at socks but haven't actually bought anything yet.  It just seems ridiculous to buy socks for stream-crossings when I'm just swimming in my own sweat. :laugh::cry:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-05 9:20 PM
Soggy is soggy no matter what the source. Buy the socks!
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-05 10:33 AM
I had a good run yesterday. On Thursday night the pups were wrestling in bed, as they always do. :roll: Gunner banged into my pinky toe and it hurt. It has hurt ever since, but I ran anyway. This is the toe on the foot that I have had so much trouble with and Thursday afternoon I had a cortizone injection in the arch. The foot was feeling better and still is, but I went and got an xray this morning. It's got a small fracture. Ugh, I am so annoyed because my foot was finally improving. I didn't ask if I could run on it because the doc was odd and of course didn't think it was broken. I know my body well sometimes.:laugh:: pbbt: Not sure what I am going to do about running, but I am leaning towards continuing if it doesn't make it worse.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-05 10:44 AM
I remember you mentioning the hurting toe a couple of days ago.  Sorry to hear that it's fractured. :cry:  It's hard to get a good running streak going when even the dogs are conspiring against you!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-05 9:22 PM
Sorry about the fracture -- how annoying! And if it doesn't hurt too much, run on it. (Says she who ran through a fractured kneecap.) Pinky toes aren't that crucial anyway.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-08-06 4:58 AM Edited 2018-08-06 5:00 AM
:hug: My recent broken toe experience found that it's usually 3 weeks off running or pounding on it. (A straight across break would have been better but mine was a diagonal and would not heal well if I ran.) I was allowed to run after that even though the toe would swell. Wearing running shoes touching the toe was the thing that took longer to manage. I lived in sandals most of the time after each day's run. My very best healing vibes to you. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~> :hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-05 1:12 PM
T-Bone and I went to the gym together yesterday. Lifting weights is not his favorite thing; for him it's a means to an end, not something he loves just for itself, ya know? So I appreciate it even more that he goes and takes good care of himself, like a grown-ass man ought to. And also that he goes because he likes sharing the time with me. There is something super sweet about that. :hug::hug::hug:

Anyway, he keeps getting stronger and pushing himself to do a little more each time he goes. He doesn't really bulk up, because that is not how he is built, but OMG, he is solid. It's hawt. :grin::blush:

Yesterday I did core work and aerobic stuff. Rowing machine warm-up, kettlebell swings, inclined sit-ups with 10-lb medicine ball, floor work with the medicine ball, "windshield wipers" (i.e., arms resting on parallel bars with legs swinging free; lift legs to shoulder height and move left to right, right to left; lower legs, repeat). Followed by a 2-mile run on the TM alternating 4 min at 70% max HR; then 4 min at 80% max HR. Legs were tired, but felt good.

SDO today.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-05 4:36 PM
Methinks that a bulked up T-Bone would be downright intimidating!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-05 9:44 PM
He has a considerable amount of muscle already, but it doesn't *look* bulky, mostly because he is really tall, and has big bones. He won't get the "popped" look that guys with smaller frames do.

And yeah. Seriously. His height is intimidating enough already.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-05 9:21 PM
How much does one need to bulk up when one knows well how to wield a weapon?
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-05 9:45 PM
Don't forget he is a smith, too. His normal metal-working means his arms are already very strong.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-06 9:24 PM
:laugh: Do you know how many rude songs there are about smiths? :evil::grin::cool:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-07 11:09 AM
No...no, I didn't. :laugh:
- By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-05 9:23 PM
4 miles this morning before early church.

3.5 yesterday, not a long run because I had an orange pick at 9 AM and had to leave at 7:45.

It is miserably hot and the air quality is horrid.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Sundailies (and NRR)