Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Smokey, Soggy, Sunny Saturday dailies
- By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-04 6:05 AM
Which weather are you facing? Anything exciting happening this weekend?
- By PoopedColt Date 2018-08-04 6:16 AM
We are soggy still. Flooded, but not ungodly so like our neighbors an hour to the north. They have had evacuations due to a possible dam failure. Looks like it might hold for now.

11 disjointed TM miles with the last 9 at 6:40-6:45 pace. But I kept stopping for water and/or bathroom breaks that truthfully I didn't need. Blah. It got done.  Finished up phase 2 of lifting with Bulk shoulders. It feels easier, but I couldn't move up weights without cheating form or reps. 

Nothing exciting happening here. Steven came home again. He must be really bored. Tiny Town with nobody around. :laugh: two more weeks to go before we move him back home for 2 weeks.

Yesterday in our paper, there was an article about how our area has one of the highest rates of suicide. The headline read "per 100,000 people <our area> had 21.2 suicides in 2016..." Most of the comments were how people couldn't understand how you could have a decimal point.  Shouldn't it be a whole number? <Head smack!> And I noted that the couple of people who corrected them were people who moved away.  : pbbt:
- By Ed [us] Date 2018-08-04 9:31 AM
We had showers overnight & this morning.  The sun's out again now & it's supposed to have cleared out for a couple of days.

I swam 1600 meters in the pool at the gym this morning.  Tomorrow morning I'm "leading" an approx. 35 mile bike ride for a group from the company a spin class friend works for.  They are "training" for an 80 mile charity ride in Sept. and spin class friend is co-chair of their team but rarely, if ever, rides outside of spin class so needed some help covering this assignment :roll:
- By Mookiethedog Date 2018-08-04 10:39 AM
9km with Molly......cloudy night giving way to beautiful blue skies now and a high near 75F

We are off to the river now for Molly time :hug:
- By sideshowbob Date 2018-08-04 12:22 PM
4 early and soggy gallos at 95 % RH :roll:—a miasma run .Now to the lake :grin:
Tomorrow SDO to help at a local 5K memorial run .
- - By JimGo1 Date 2018-08-04 3:22 PM
Happy Saturday,

8 hilly miles on a hot humid day in the north country.   I felt pretty good on this run but need to get some sort of long run going here pretty quick to get ready for a 25k trail race coming up at the end of September. 

My daughters MRI came back and things are looking good at this point so we get a break on travelling to Halifax for awhile which will be nice.   Happy she can have a good summer and start school in the fall.   I'm thankful for this but trying to stay at an even keel because this type of cancer is a very cruel thing.   For her childrens wish she wants to go to the Galapagos islands :grin:  This is just like her - no disney for luxury cruise she wants to snorkel and get outdoors to see animals and fish she has never seen before :happy:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-08-04 4:09 PM
:hug:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-08-05 6:11 PM
:hug::hug::hug:
- By SRoo Date 2018-08-04 5:11 PM
No rain today!  40 mile bicycle ride.  It was lovely.  :happy:
- - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-08-05 5:09 PM
We're a few hundred miles from the Carr fire, but it's still been pretty smoky here.  The smoke can settle into the basin and stick around for a while, but fortunately it's been coming and going.  We've been through a few days where the windows have to be kept shut.  It can get a bit uncomfortable when you can't open the windows at night as there is no A/C and the house super insulated, so by the end of the day, the heat inside has built up and needs to be pushed out at night.  Woke up Saturday and the cars had a good amount of ash on them.  Pretty amazing for a blaze that is so far away.  Last night finally cleared and got pretty cool so today has been good.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-08-05 5:13 PM
Glad today was good.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Smokey, Soggy, Sunny Saturday dailies