Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 8/4
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-04 5:38 AM
Do you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-04 5:42 AM Edited 2018-08-04 5:49 AM
We're down in Navarre at our daughter's new home. Very nice place.

I was first one up and went out for a run, but it was raining so I checked the radar. It looked like one small cloud over this neighborhood so I waited 15 minutes and then went running when it stopped. But during the run I was caught in multiple downpours. And as I sit here on the front porch it is alternating sunny and rainy every 10 minutes.

But it felt good. 3.04 miles done.

Beautiful place, affordable homes, good schools, 3 miles from the beach, but I couldn't live here with the heat and humidity.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-04 10:32 PM
Sounds like Florida. Rain, sun, rain, sun, downpour, humidity...repeat. Sounds like you are enjoying it :hug::hug:

When I was in Florida 10 years ago the humidity did me in. I can't take it.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-04 9:33 AM
Music in Motion 5k this morning.  Probably a personal worst as far as speed.  As far as an enjoyable morning run, oh yeah, nailed it!   So many good running friends out there celebrating a great runner who had a far too short life.  The shirt has a medium sized race logo and then "This one's for Ken!" printed underneath.  Lots of hugs, cried a couple times.  2 bottle of icy cold water and a sugar cookie at the finish.  Pretty much perfect in my book.

Have a great day/weekend everyone.  Some of you are travelling; be safe.  Some of you are resting; rest well.  And if you are on vacation; enjoy!!
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-04 1:01 PM
Mmmm.... Sugar cookie.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-04 10:34 PM
Sounds great Dawn! Celebrating is all that counts!!! Sounds perfect to me too!!!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-04 10:05 AM
Sorry for being AWOL for a few days. Work got messy again.

Ran about 3.3 miles this morning after the showers rolled through.

Had tickets to the Blue Rocks for last night. Rained out. So that makes two Fridays in a row we have had a game rained out on us.

To help deal with the heat and humidity, I have gone back to training using time and heart rate rather than real mileage. The HRM is really just to keep me honest on restarting. I know when my heart rate peaks and I should slow down or walk, but I tend to walk for far too long unless I have the HRM yelling at me.

FYI, planks still suck.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-04 10:10 AM
planks are our friends.  Repeat after me: planks are our friends.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-04 1:00 PM
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-04 1:28 PM
I think I can safely say now I've seen everything!:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-04 2:53 PM
Do you watch Ed Edd n Eddy too?
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-08-04 4:00 PM
I did indeed.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-04 10:52 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-04 10:49 PM
Dawn is correct!!! Listen to Dawn. Although I was with you on that thought today....
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-04 10:47 PM
It was a rainy day here. Started pouring shortly after I woke up. But a great day. My boy came down from Maine for a visit. He went to my Yin Yoga with me. Wasn't sure he really wanted to go, but he did. Was funny because the teacher said right off looking at Jesse as we were in plank "oh this was Deb's idea not mine!" He loved my yoga teacher too, she is so , so, sooooo  funny, and today she was on a whole new level which was fun. I convinced him to go by saying men usually like this style. So I was so relieved to see 4 other men there. And they were having the same challenges he was. Chris watched the kids so we could go to class. He such an amazing boyfriend. My grandkids are high energy to the max! So it was a really fun relaxing morning.

It was raining on the way there, during and on the way home. There was a tornado south of here. We stopped for food for lunch. And the rain was easing up. The kids were really hyped up. Did I say they are high energy? Chris is so good at entertaining them, but they wore him out. So after lunch the rain left and we jumped in the pool. My granddaughter is a fish. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. So it was a very fun relaxing day. A day memories are made of.

No run though.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 8/4