Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Finishing on Friday RR
- - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-03 5:15 AM
What's everyone doing today?
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-08-03 5:22 AM
Today is a big day for DD. She is finishing her BSN and is getting her nursing pin today!:cool::grin: I am super proud of her because she worked for hard for it, and has made dean's list every semester since transferring to Adelphi. I also feel like I finished my job of being a mom and preparing her for the world. My family is coming to the pinning ceremony and then we are going out to eat with my aunt and uncle. Most of the ladies here know how much difficulty I had with DD when she was younger and how we didn't get along very well. My heart is full thinking about how she change and our relationship changed.:hug: As for running, I did a 2 mile run this morning and it was great. I got another shot in my foot and it seemed to help. Unfortunately the pups were wrestling on my bed last night and Gunner slammed into my pinky toe causing it to bend backwards. It's not broken or swollen, but hurts a lot. Yesterday I did core work and my push ups are improving. Hoping my body holds up so I can run consistently.

Happy Friday!:happy:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-03 6:35 AM
Congratulations to DD!  I distinctly remember how rocky your relationship has been in the past, so I'm happy to hear that your relationship has improved and that she's grown into a successful adult. :hug:

Sorry about the toe injury. :cry:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-08-03 7:27 AM
:cool:  Congratulations to DD and to you. :happy:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-08-03 9:18 AM
:cool::cool: Mazel Tov to you all! And it is fun to have the adult relationship with a child!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-03 11:45 AM
OMG, congrats to DD!!

I am also really glad you two are on better footing now. :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-08-03 12:36 PM
congratulations to DD and to you! You're a wonderful mom :hug:
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-03 2:17 PM
Congrads to DD!
Parent - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-08-03 2:22 PM
Congrats to DD!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-08-03 3:12 PM
Congratulations to DD! And to you and your DH for raising her and getting her to this point.
Parent - By Mickey [us] Date 2018-08-03 6:44 PM
Congratulations to her!  and to you!  :cool:
Parent - By PTRunner [us] Date 2018-08-03 7:12 PM
Congratulations to DD! I used to be able to see some of thr Adelphi graduation stuff out my bedroom window in my parents old house lol
Parent - By laxrunner Date 2018-08-03 7:59 PM
Congrats to DD and you! I’m so happy that you have a good relationship now. :happy::happy:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-03 6:39 AM
The rain is supposed to be moving out, but it was overcast and very warm and humid this morning.  I ran slowly. :blush:  It was one of my usual 5-mile routes.  I have a whole lot of nothing exciting planned for the weekend. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-03 11:59 AM
Smite practice last night was fun. I didn't feel like I was actually working that hard...it was more sparring and lessons rather than hard fighting...but my body is reacting as if I had run an ultra. Sore muscles all over, fluid retention, needed extra sleep this morning, the works. Maybe it is DOMS from two days ago, when I ran and lifted, on top of the smiting?

Today started with a 20-min walk in the park to loosen up, then grocery shopping. I am now making a dish for a dinner party we are going to tonight. It's a cheese and fruit party...each couple is bringing a favorite cheese and fruit and everyone gets to taste a bit of everything. I am bringing blue cheese and strawberries...in the form of a caramelized onion & blue cheese galette, with sliced strawberries on the side, and two ports (one ruby and one tawny) to taste-test with them. The strawberries are a bit of a stretch; I had wanted to bring pears, but there was nothing really ripe enough to work well with the tart.

After the food prep is done, I have a sewing project and a calligraphy project to work on. T-bone asked me to make an alteration to his gambeson, a padded jacket that goes under his armor. It's made of heavy canvas and has cotton batting inside. My regular sewing machine couldn't handle the density of the fabric so I treated myself to an upgrade...wheee!!! Gonna try it out today and see how it handles multiple layers of folded canvas, batting and bias tape.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-03 1:13 PM
Have fun playing with your new sewing machine!
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-03 2:24 PM
You should bring mozzarella, tomato and avocado!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-03 4:39 PM
Also amazingly delicious...! Good suggestion!
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-08-03 12:38 PM
power walked 5 miles, did some squats, lunges, and planks. Pretty much par for the course these days. My belly is getting huger every day and is just achy and annoying. Ah well. 30 weeks yesterday.  Babe is moving like crazy. We are really having trouble coming up with a name! :laugh: I'm studying like a crazy person for my comp exams (8/13 and 8/17). That's about it from here.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-08-03 1:14 PM
Wow, 30 weeks already?

Best of luck with your comps!
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-08-03 2:30 PM
I know, 30 weeks already. It's crazy. 2nd time is flying, as I try not to freak out too much!!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-03 4:39 PM
So fast...
- - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-03 2:23 PM
Last night I did a Boxing Workout class (my friend goes and I go with her sometimes, she just gets me in under her membership). Its not really boxing more of a punch the heavy bag thing...and...G did it too! I told him he didn't have to but he did the whole class including the killer ab workout at the end. He was exhausted and I told him this was one of the hardest workout classes so he really should be proud of himself for doing it. I have a bruised shin from the roundhouse (there was some light kicking not real kickboxing). 

So today I didn't run just did body pump (shoulders are sore) and tonight doing some HITT/Core

at BP one of the teachers showed up to help teach - its been a while since I've seen him (he usually teaches a class I don't take) and OMG this guy dropped like 40 lbs. He went from chubby to hunky. I asked if he was training for a marathon and he said no he just stopped eating sugar. He said he was eating a lot of it and once he stopped doing that the weight came off. He was really lean looking.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-08-03 4:41 PM
Oh, man...I would love to learn some boxing, or get some good workouts. That looks so intense.

Wow on the teacher! Good for him.
- By Mickey [us] Date 2018-08-03 6:47 PM
nothing much today, but last night the scoutlettes + families did some trail maintenance on the Ice Age Trail nearby - digging drainage troughs in a section that regularly floods in spring and pruning the corridor 8' high and 6' wide (the kids loved cutting off branches!).  Who knew landscaping could be so much fun?
Up Topic Communities / Women / Finishing on Friday RR