Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Never ending Thursday - 8/2
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-02 7:22 AM
Good morning.

Email questions just never stop, do they?  After all these years you would think every issue has been fully covered.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-02 7:27 AM
Almost 34 years at my current job and I can't go 30 minutes without getting a question from someone.  Or a request for something new. When does it end?

4 miles for me this morning.  Figured it could be my last chance for a few days so I went even though I was feeling tired.  12-13 hour trip to Florida tomorrow to take the kid home. The 12-13 hour drive back here on Sunday.  I'll take some running stuff in case there is time on Saturday for a run but I'm not counting on it.

Some days, I get tense every time my computer beeps with an email notification.  Today is one of those days.  I have 2 people hitting me up on multiple items each.  And I just don't feel like dealing with them.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-02 8:43 AM
The best ones are the email sent to 30 people in a group and everyone replies with "reply to all".:roll:
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-08-02 9:11 PM
Sounds like perhaps retirement should be on your horizon? :laugh:

The questions likely come from people who are new, or newish and haven't been around for 30 years to know what's going on.
As for request for something new, isn't that what technology is all about? I don't know what you program, exactly, but as someone who's learned a new business in the last 5 months from people who have been around forever, I have appreciated their patience and also, their genuine thought to my input with a few, "heyyyy, that's actually a good idea" LOL.

Sorry, just some perspective from someone with questions. :-)
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-02 8:47 AM
I'm in rebel mode today.  My oven says specifically that it is supposed to be cleaned with distilled water and never with oven cleaner.  So you know I've sprayed the dang thing with oven cleaner today.  Really,  I tried the suggested method twice but water is not going to get that bugger clean.

Having a second cup of coffee whilst coughing over oven fumes if you need a visual.

I ran a really uneventful 5 miles yesterday and am so thankful.  Slept good too.  Need to mow today.  Suppose I should Google  'Yoga for after you mow the Yard' to see what todays workout video is.:grin:

Dave; how many stops on the way to Florida?  I have to get out of the car every 2 hours.
Deb; did you run last night or did the weather gods prevail?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-02 9:21 AM
If I'm driving I stop every couple hours (at least).  If Cindy is driving we go longer stretches. She is more destination driven while I am laid back (probably too much) about getting somewhere.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-02 5:58 PM
The storms went around us! But wicked humidity. So the running gods prevailed!!! They cancelled the earlier show, our friend Chris' show, because of the weather, but the later act went on. Was very humid and oppressive.  Not a great run, I am not an evening runner and do not perform well in humidity. :cry::cry: The woman at the check in asked me after the race if I was staying for post race, when I paused she said 'you are entered in the series runners.' They entered me in the series because I ran every one. So yay me. Was a fun night. A lot of people running. I guess because it was the last one? Surely not the weather. : pbbt:: pbbt: But I came in first in my age group. :happy dance: Got a cool glass, a weizenbeir ?  (maybe), a very cool blanket with the ski area logo on it and $25 off next years registration to the series.

Oh did I say it was humid? :wink:

So fun night. :cool::cool: Kind of sad it's over, but a little glad too because I am feeling a wee bit worn out by them. It's a challenging run, for me.

So now just working on improving my running and training for a 10k in late September.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-02 6:13 PM
Wow!   I waited all day for this and it was worth it!!   Congratulations big time.:happy::happy:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-02 6:20 PM
Thank you!!!

Thursday is a long day for me. Yoga in the morning then work all day. And cat sitting...

Glad you enjoyed it.
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-08-02 9:13 PM
Congrats Deb, that really great!! :cool:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-03 10:05 AM
:hug::hug:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-02 9:52 AM
Did the Dawn 10k. 6.43 miles
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-02 10:32 AM
:cool:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-02 10:41 AM
Always a good day when i get to do The Dawn!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-08-02 2:17 PM
Good afternoon.  I went through the annual bus driver training update today.  That is checked off my list. 

Tonight is Open House for my school.  My task to help new students/parents find their bus pickup/dropoff route and times.

Emails during the school year happen constantly it seems.  I will go all morning without checking email because I'm with kids and don't have time to check.  Someone at school will have sent me an email that morning and wonder why I haven't responded by noon.

My no-running day streak is up to 8 days now.  One week down, five to go.  I'm getting antsy.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-03 10:27 AM
Back to school and not running:cry::cry::cry:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-03 10:26 AM
Good morning from the very soggy mountains of NC.  It has not stopped raining since we arrived Wed night.  The southbound trip was 11h18 min.  A few stops for Nathanial to tank up.   I've been working with Josiah on his railroad merit badge for Scouts.  I'm miffed because at the top of the page of requirements they have a steam locomotive picture.  Except it is a Soviet built steam engine.  I found a photo that nearly matches it.  But somebody photoshopped the big red star off the front of the steam engine.  I will have Josiah contact BSA.

Even in retirement I deal with emails.  Right now I am coordinating a new endowment fund at church.  The 2 extremes are those who keep asking questions and commenting and those who don't reply.  The no replies are harder.  The challenges of all volunteers. 

I sure hope to run later today or tomorrow.

Tom in DE
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Never ending Thursday - 8/2