Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / WooHoo Wednesday.
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-01 5:38 AM
Welcome to August!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-01 5:43 AM
Seems I'm running a 5k this Saturday.  My neighbor coerced me last night.  Not a very scenic course and the first half is one long incline.   Thank goodness for the turn around!  It's supposed to be hotter than blazes Saturday too and not a bit of shade on the course.  Bring on the sunblock.

It is the 18th and final year for the race.  I've run it 6 or 7 times and volunteered once.  Decided I'd like to participate in the final running.

Going out for 5 slow miles this morning.  My 'long' run.:grin:   Have a great day everyone.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-01 10:31 AM
Yay Dawn!!! Don't forget lots of water!!!! Good luck. Can't wait to hear about it. Why is it the final year?

Going out for 5 slow miles this morning.  My 'long' run.:grin: I love it. We are at the same 'long' run....:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-01 10:47 AM
The run is put on by the president of our running club.  She and her husband were the premier runners in the area.  He took his own life this spring, she is devastated, our running club imploded, Just a cascade of sadness.

She is leaving the area for her chapter 2.  This is one final remembrance for her husband.  I was undecided all summer because I know it's going to be a tear jerker.  But the desire to be there for the final race won out.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-01 10:52 AM
That is so, so sad!!! :sad:

I am so glad you decided to run it! I hope it is a great send off for her new chapter.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-08-01 5:56 AM
I ran 3 this morning. It started raining at the beginning of my run. Rained pretty hard the whole way. It stopped just as I finished. But it felt good to be wet in something other than my own sweat.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-08-01 6:55 AM
Good morning all.
12.03 mile run this morning. Progression run. 1 mile w/u. 9 miles cutting down 10 seconds each mile: 9:00 to 7:40. 2 mile c/d.

Today is Bradley's 2nd birthday. Bradley is the foster baby we have had for almost 2 years now.

Josh, Katie and baby Ellie flew in from Arizona last night. Visiting for 2 weeks.

Joey is in Philippines for 4 weeks for an internship.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-08-01 7:31 AM
I'm headed back to NC in a few moments.  The visit to Delaware is over:cry::cry::cry:  I will drive them back and spend a few days in the mountains and then train home next week. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-01 10:42 AM
Cannot believe it is August!!!!

This morning has been busy. I did some weeding and trimmed back an apple tree that has been hanging over the pool swing getting a little too far over the wall. I am in a local vegan group; one woman does not kill anything including weeds. I don't know how. It drives me crazy.... :shocker!:

I have been getting to know some women in the deep water class I take. They all talked me into taking the water aerobics class then the deep water back to back. Wow!! My arms are now toast. The trainer that does the deep water had jury duty and they forgot to get him a replacement, so another trainer came in and did an abbreviated class. And my arms are like wet noodles at the moment. I'm not sure if this trainer cranked it up because it was late or if that is how he does classes. But yikes!!! Great work out though. He also told me a water exercise to help my knee. He also had us doing team exercises that I found fun, but a lot of people didn't like that. So weird when you change things like that and people get all squirrelly. The woman I was working out with was howling over how uncomfortable that made people.

Tonight is the last trail race....I think. I was just listening to the weather. Unless it passes over us they might cancel it. :sad:

Enjoy the day!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-01 11:34 AM
your vegan friend would have me black listed.  My favorite thing to do is pull weeds!

I took a water aerobics class off and on.  It was an hour long and the first 40 minutes were in the shallow end.  We did the team stuff there and I dreaded it.  Then the last 20 minutes were in the deep end.  Such a good workout.  Though there was always the bunch that crawled out before the deep water part complaining loudly about how the class wasn't a full hour.:wtf:

Hope you get to run tonight; hate to think of all those veggie burgers going to waste.:sad:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-01 1:22 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: me too. When I was talking about pulling invasive species in the conservation lands and having them incinerated she gasped. :roll: Her husband said you can't walk through their backyard. That is just crazy!!! I love the people in the group, but sometimes thier philosophies make me go :wtf:

This woman warms up in the shallow end, but most of that class is in the deep end. There are a few women that stay in the shallow end tho. She was telling me she has a class in a local lake. I want to try that!!!

Me too!!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-01 11:36 AM
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-01 1:40 PM
that was awesome I en-joy-ed that too.

The high school I went to was an open classroom  idea with bright multi colored walls. The sad thing was a few years after I graduated I went to get my transcripts and it was all painted neutral colors and they added doors. I always wondered why they changed it. :wtf:

She kind of reminds me of my yoga teacher a little. One thing my yoga teacher always says "if you're bored, you are not paying attention".

thanks for posting this!!! :hug::hug:
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-08-01 3:00 PM
help, CA fires, come visit with WATER lots of water
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-01 3:08 PM
so sad to see your state burning.:sad:
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-08-01 5:03 PM
maybe I asked this before, did you ever come to CA to visit Napa, it is still there, has not burned down
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-08-01 5:07 PM
p.s., sadly the fire season is yet to come,  usually lots of fires in September and October
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-08-01 7:04 PM
We haven't made it yet Jim.  Life keeps getting in the way.   My oldest was visiting San Diego though earlier this week.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-08-02 3:56 AM
hope you are safe! Those fires are terrible. So sad. :sad::sad:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / WooHoo Wednesday.