Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Missing Monday Dailies
- - By swandive Date 2018-07-30 6:52 AM
Judy is missing this week!
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-07-30 6:57 AM
Last day of relative calm on the roads as school starts Wednesday (and I'm not running tomorrow : pbbt:).  Traffic increases at least threefold when school is in session and parents taking their kids to school are some of the worst offenders when it comes to running me off the road. :meh:

I ran 5.8 this morning.  It's gross and humid out.  Unfortunately school starting does not actually mean that summer weather is over. :roll:
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-07-30 10:24 AM
School starts SO early there.  Here it is the Wednesday after Labor Day!!

It's been in the 80s here, which is HOT for Seattle, but it has been pretty dry, which I prefer over what I used to have in NC.
Parent - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-07-30 10:24 AM
Tried to do yoga this morning.  Literally fell out of what should have been an easy pose, and so I stopped doing the official class, and did my own thing for about 20 min.

I have a chronic cough, going on 3 years now.  My drs have not been able to get to the bottom of it.  Two weeks ago I had a cold.  That has caused the cough to get worse.  Two nights in a row now I've coughed until I've vomited.  This might be why I was struggling with balance this morning. :meh:
- By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-07-30 3:06 PM
I was supposed to run but it was thundering a bit so I ended up doing stairs later (it cleared) then about 3 hours of mulching and putting sand on my pavers (fills in cracks) since I was already a stinky mess. Is like real live Cross Fit! :laugh:

In the not :laugh: column - 2 of my friends that are training to run their first marathon (Chicago) are now sidelined with injury. Sigh. I didn't want to come off as Debbie Downer when they were ratcheting up their miles too fast (IMHO) or too many the past 2 months....I tried gently but since its been about 20 years since I ran a marathon....anyway...one has shin splints really bad and the other has calf and quad pain really bad. The first one (T) already took a week off and is still limping. And she has to start teaching next week (standing all day). The second one (J) hasn't ramped up miles like T did but recently added 2 miles to her long run from last week. They are running on hard concrete too (Thank you Bayshore Blvd). I wish I had some advice other then rest, ice, roll but I don't.  They probably really needed a good coach to hold them back a bit.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Missing Monday Dailies