Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Mismatched Monday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-30 5:16 AM
be random
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-30 5:25 AM
~Green shorts, purple t shirt, black and yellow Batman socks.

Good gravy, I look like a 3rd grader dressed me.

~Dead Week. XC practice starts one week from today!

~Our enrollment is down so much. Good chance they drop us from Class 2 to Class 1. Won't find out until a few weeks into the season which kind of sucks because nobody knows where their District meet will be until after the season starts.

~Suzi was gone all weekend and I didn't sleep for shit. Just "slept" in the recliner every night with a wiener dog

~Ate horribly too. Burgers, tacos and pizzas. :roll::roll::roll:

~Timing a 5K Friday night
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-30 5:28 AM
:sad: on the enrollment being down. 

Sounds like it's a really good thing that Suzi is back.  :laugh::hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:20 AM
Your outfit reminds me of this book = Blue Hat Green Hat :laugh: Tj's favorite book.

Recliner for one night is ok. All weekend???:cry:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:37 AM
That same third grader dressed you for the Frisco Marathon a few years back. : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:53 AM
Haha yep
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-30 10:17 AM
your weekend eating sounds pretty good to me :blush::laugh:

That does seem strange to not know your district until the year is already in full swing
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-30 10:57 AM
Problem is, a lot of schools declare a XC team. Then they assign Districts. Then these schools decide they won’t have a team after all. Then you have one district with 12 teams and another with 4.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-30 5:37 AM
*Count me in the sleeping for crap camp.  I slept great the night after the 50 miler and then not since.  :meh:

*My feet feel much better this morning.  Zero swelling or discoloration in my bad foot and my good foot isn't cramping any more.  :happy:

*Jonathan officially has zero student loan debt.  :grin:  That was the goal, for him to live home so he could pay it off.  It's great that he was able to do so so quickly.  :cool: 

*Ellie is not like any other dog I've known.  When we go for walks, she will not potty anywhere.  She waits until she is home to do any business.  I've never known a dog like that.  Ever.  I'm definitely not complaining, but it is very weird.

*We still have the air off.  It's getting to the edge of being uncomfortable most afternoons now, but it's cooling down enough to make it ok. So far.  I'm enjoying it not being 90 degrees.   :grin:

*Marie has 2 days of work left.  Both of them are doubles of course.  : pbbt:  She has been counting down the days since 17 to go.  So much for her only working 1 job this summer.  She's already saying, next summer this is not happening again.  :laugh: 

*Band camp starts today for Joseph.  :grin::hug:

*Anthony comes home Friday.  It will be an absolute whirlwind of a weekend, but it will be great to have everyone home for my birthday.  :hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-30 5:42 AM
That's AWESOME, all the kids home for your birthday :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:20 AM
Wow on the student debt:cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-30 10:18 AM
Wow congrats Jonathan!! that's awesome in a short amount of time

That is strange about Ellie, but i agree it is a good thing, much easier than stopping all the time and cleaning up
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:23 AM
Also sucky sleeping:cry: Bad scheduling and just stress over this coming week.

Did the elliptical a few times last week. Which = no runs because it just isn't the same. Ran yesterday after my soccer game and OMG that was the worst 2 mile run ever. How the hell did I run 19? After that I was 5m run sore. WTH?:mutmad:

Had issues with my legs last night so I ended up sleeping on the couch. Stupid legs. Couldn't stop stretching them. Restless.:mutmad:

Today is trip 1 to Mobile, AL.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:31 AM
have a safe trip
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:50 AM
Thanks. Gonna be long and boring. But I have my book! And it is at least all highway so that is better. Good cell reception all the way.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:37 AM
Bad sleeping for me last night too. :meh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:49 AM
I think we are all sleeping badly:cry:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-30 8:08 AM
It will take awhile to recover from the Missouri fun, longer than you would expect.  Plus, you had a rough soccer game.  It'll come back.  :hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 8:16 AM
Glad you said that. I was mentally blaming that but was basically telling myself "suck it up, 19 was a week ago" But i've never run that far. Frankly, even with half marathons I've never felt a need to take more than 3-4 days off. I always start back slow, but I've never had that sort of feeling before. My legs ached yesterday.

Yeah, I needlessly and fruitlessly hit the ground ALOT yesterday morning:blush::cry::cry::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-30 8:56 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 1:37 PM
19 is my new favorite number.:cool::cool:

And is also Rip's jersey number. Definitely my favorite number:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-30 2:33 PM
Awww. 19 is a great number. :grin::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-30 10:19 AM
how many trips will you have to take ?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 11:55 AM
Two. 6 hours each way.

Tonight there
Tomorrow evening back
Wednesday after MLS Allstar game with Q and Kids
Thursday night after trial ends.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:51 AM
—The dinky little Walmart in Mt. Vernon....where there is nothing but gas guzzling Ford pick ups and Amish buggies....is getting an electric car charging lot. Initially I thought it was one of Tesla’s. Nope, evidently this is a result of VW’s punishment. :roll:

—Speaking of Teslas my sister should have hers in the next couple of months. :cool:

—Met the exterminator st my office this morning. After 12 years I suddenly have roaches. :mutmad::cry: They seem to be concentrated in Krystal’s room in her “refurbished” cabinet. I’m sure she has brought them in. Not too happy.

—Was at the shop yesterday replacing the trim in her bathroom and the dimmer switch in her treatment room. Tenants. No such thing as a good one. They damage shit and cost you money.

—Looks like I’m in the office alone today. It’ll be the day everyone brings in soil samples. :roll:

—Made a big batch of spaghetti sauce this weekend and gave away about 20 pounds of a variety of little tomatoes.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-30 6:54 AM
Yum spaghetti! Pasta makes you fasta
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-30 8:10 AM
Roaches are the worst.  :cry:  I lived with them in college for 3 years, there are some things you don't forget.  :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-30 8:36 AM
VW is providing free charging as repayment?

Ew - roaches:cry::cry:

Spaghetti sauce - yum!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-30 10:20 AM
blech on the pests. Sounds like Krystal might not have the knack for keeping things nice (toilet issue, now this). And now causing other damage? You need her to buy asap haha
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Mismatched Monday RTTS