Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sun 29-Jul
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-29 6:04 AM
So, lets get the ball rolling.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-29 6:05 AM
I did manage to get off my tush and get a 30 min ET session and planks done last night.

probably more of the same today.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-29 6:10 AM Edited 2018-07-29 6:19 AM
60° and f o g g y!

3.2 miles at the park. I actually had some pep in my step. Was it just from the cooler weather or are my recent core and stretching activities helping?

When I pulled into the park there were 3 white minivans and 2 white pickup trucks. I wondered if I would be allowed in with my red and black Honda Element. Fortunately, I was allowed to stay.

I've never had any desire to own a white car but a lot of people have them. Once I bought a new blue Subaru station wagon. When I dropped it off at the dealer for its first oil change, I needed a ride to work and they used my car to do it. The guy who dropped me off crashed on the way back. Claimed he fell asleep. They fixed it up but I didn't really want the car back. They offered me a white version of the car, fully loaded, for the same price I paid for the basic blue one. That was the only white car I ever owned.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-29 8:32 AM
I don't love white cars either but it turns out my favorite car was my white one.   I just finished a huge clean up job on my grey car - 90 minutes worth.  The white car could go forever between clean ups and still look great.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-29 11:35 AM
Just remember, you can't drive white after labor day.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-29 11:55 AM
Was never a fan of white, but my '87 Nissan Sentra was white and I loved that car!! White and gold cars I don't like. : pbbt:

That is crazy they used your car to take you. Odd?!?

Good job on the run!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-29 8:36 AM
Hey all.    Another good weather morning in NW Ill.  Talked with a fellow park walker this morning about how we never would have expected to wear long sleeves in July!  Just finished detailing the car though and these long sleeves are soaked.  Going to trade them in for a short sleeved T here in a minute.

Misha and I don't have much on our plates this morning.  Lee is helping his sister paint/stain a deck so we are on our own.   I would like 2 more miles in this week's running log so I have plans to do that while supper cooks.  That's how my Sunday worked last week so I'll try it again.   Have to do some core work and yoga stretches today as well.

Have a good one!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-29 11:36 AM
What's cooking?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-29 1:35 PM
A pot of vegetable soup and a salad.  Don't assume I'm healthy though - there is carrot cake for dessert.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-29 3:33 PM
Carrot is healthy.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-29 11:57 AM
In 2010 in Wyoming I wore shorts up a mountain and froze in the snow! It was 80° when I started my drive up and 32° at the top. In July :wtf:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-29 10:19 AM
Thanks for the start! 

Nothing new to report here.  Other than on Wednesday we head out for WI!  Looking forward to cool weather.  We are driving and decided to rent a car from Toyota --a 2018 Camry.  It's $209 for the week, unlimited mileage.  We are staying in St. Charles, MO on Wednesday night and should arrive in WI Thursday afternoon. 

Will probably go to the gym later this afternoon.  Making pork carnitas and homemade corn tortillas for dinner.

Enjoy your Sunday!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-29 11:04 AM
I spent a girls weekend in St. Charles with my high school gang.  We were in a really quaint area with antique shops and all the restaurants had outdoor seating.  Kind of touristy but not overly so.  I hope you can take an hour and find an outdoor spot for breakfast on Thursday morning.  Or maybe a "thank-goodness-we-are-done-driving-for-today" drink on Wednesday night.

I'm afraid hot weather makes it return about the time you are passing through....bring your Texas clothes~
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-29 11:59 AM
My daughter loves her Camry, her name is Penelope! Its a 2004, 250,000 last she told me, and she keeps repairing it and on the road. I hate to see her when it finally dies. It's like a kid to her. :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-29 12:02 PM
Nothing much here. Lazy Sunday. Rescued a baby frog from the pool. The water was so nice I went in for a while. Today is a rest day.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-29 3:26 PM
Church this morning with a potluck afterwards.  I'm home on the couch.  The pain with the muscle inflammation has decreased, but walking aggravates it. 

I have to report to work tomorrow for meetings.  I'll get to sit all day, which is good to rest my injury, but bad because I don't like sitting all day.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sun 29-Jul