Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturdaily, 28 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-28 5:29 AM
I'll get you started.  I am leaving shortly for my conference. 

Enjoy your Saturday!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-28 6:47 AM
The trip home last night was very smooth. No traffic or backups. I did pass a situation where there were at least 2 vehicles down in a ditch, but there were already a dozen police and ambulances there and the road was open.  On the way up to get the kid I had an hour's worth of troubles. One was a new one for me. One stretch of the trip is on a 2-lane road that winds along the Ohio River.  About 15 cars & trucks ahead of me was a truck with a very wide load. It was going slow and at times had to stop because the road was too narrow for oncoming traffic to fit. So we would stop until they could get oncoming traffic stopped. Luckily, I had given myself a 2-hour cushion so I made it to the meeting point with enough time to rest, get a bite to eat, and read a bit.

Annabelle had left at 10:00 PM Hawaii time (4:00 AM our time) and had not slept on the trip. So she passed out in the car and slept the whole 5 hours. Then, it appears, she was awake all night. :roll:  No doubt she will fall asleep sometime today. I'll have to limit her to just a few hours or she is going to be completely screwed up when she gets home.

Since I ran 8 yesterday, I only did an easy 2.17 miles this morning.  I went to the park but ran up on the ridge instead of down where I usually run.  It was so foggy that it didn't make any difference where I ran. The view was all the same.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-28 7:03 AM
Yoga later this morning. Might try a run later.

I am the official neighborhood cat sitter I guess. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Spent the morning caring for kitties. Still haven't seen two of the cats I'm watching they are good at hiding. I see one sitting in the window occasionally... the other neighbor has super friendly cats. One watches over me and supervises the food prep. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have a great Saturdaily...
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-28 10:51 AM
Since you are official, do you get a badge and stuff?
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-28 12:37 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-28 8:26 AM
1 mile with Misha, 4.5 by myself.   51 degrees at 6am!!!!!!   A July like no other, that's for sure.

Matthew the A.D.D. carpenter might come by today and finish the job.  Might being the operative word.

That's all from BEAUTIFUL northwest Illinois this morning.:grin:
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-28 10:52 AM
51 ?!?!?
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-28 12:39 PM
I'm with Mark 51°? :shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-28 10:48 AM
Its been a low energy morning for me. I'm not sure why. Haven't got up the gumption to do a workout yet. I have gotten the shopping done and a few other chores.

Rebecca spent this week shopping for stuff for the dorm room with her roommate. I hope they left room for themselves :roll:

Went to the ball game last night, but it was rained out.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-28 11:11 AM
I wondered if she was going to the dorms or would live at home.  Is her roommate a high school friend or someone she just met?
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-29 6:02 AM
Her roommate is a high school friend.

I think that living in the dorm - well - living on your own - is a valuable part of the college experience. So, even though it adds quite a bit to the expense, I have insisted that she live on campus at least one year.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-29 8:29 AM
I agree.  One of my dorm friends was a 'townie' and I envied her.  Her mom and dad popped in often; usually with treats for all of us.:grin:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-28 4:35 PM Edited 2018-07-28 4:41 PM
I kept waiting for the temperature to fall below 90° all day. At 5 pm is was still hovering at 89°- 90° so I decided ah might as well, I was trying to come up with some legitimate excuse ... fed the kitties and it didn't feel that bad out, so I went. Oh my! walking across the street may not feel bad, but running it in : pbbt:: pbbt:: pbbt:

My watch didn't start for about a half mile, even it didn't want to go. :laugh::laugh: I was aiming for 40 minutes, the watch was at 28, so not quite, but I'll take it close enough. Man it was oooooppressive as our weather man likes to say. I jumped in the pool after. ahhhhhhh. Just a quick in and out to cool off because we shocked it today and I don't like being in after we do that.

So done!!! Yoga and a run, not a pretty one, but a run nonetheless. I accomplished my goals. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Does anyone use the Polar running watch? I've been looking for a new watch because mine is not connecting or recording my runs on a usual basis and it can't seem to find my phone most days to upload it. I don't like Garmin, can't afford an Apple Watch, don't care for Fitbit that much...I have a TomTom, but can't seem to figure out on Amazon what the new one is, and I can't seem to figure out how to purchase one on their site :wtf: this one is going on 4 years. My daughter thinks I've worn it out. So, I've been looking at the Polar.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-28 5:14 PM
This site has very in  depth reviews of gadgets:  https://www.dcrainmaker.com/

Nice job accomplishing your goals today.:happy:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturdaily, 28 Jul 2018