Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Fri 27-Jul-2018
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-27 6:22 AM
Apparently today is Bagpipe Appreciation Day as well as National Scotch Day.

That combo makes a bit of sense.

Post away.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-27 6:24 AM
In all honesty, I would need a lot of scotch to appreciate bagpipes.

30 Min ET and planks last.

got freebie tickets via work for a Blue Rocks game tonight. So, no workout. This is of course assuming the major thunderstorm they are predicting doesn't happen.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-27 6:44 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-27 6:30 AM
(We both posted at 8:22..  I deleted mine.)

I woke up around 4:00 and couldn't back to sleep. After a while of trying, I gave up and ran 8 miles.

It was warm and humid. The run was mighty slow. But I made it so I am happy.

Running seems very hard. I think about quitting, but after 3 days off I miss it, so I am back out there again.  A while back, I signed up for the Marshall Half Marathon which is on the first Sunday of November.  I will work towards that and afterwards decide if I want to keep doing this running thing.

I would have really liked more sleep because Annabelle is flying back from Hawaii today and I have to drive up and get her near the Detroit airport.  5 hours up and 5 hours back.  I am going to leave earlier than I need to so I can have a longer break in-between legs of the trip.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-27 6:46 AM
you got your 8!  Congratulations.

didn't know Annabelle went to Hawaii.  Wow!  She's going to talk your ear off.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-27 9:55 AM
I wish I could run 8!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some days when my knee is complaining I have those thoughts, but then I remember how miserable I was when I couldn't run...so I keep going.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-27 6:49 AM
I like bagpipes, but they are kind of hard on the ears.   Definitely an instrument that should be played outside.

Deb, thanks for the yin yoga recommendation.  I know it was for Mike, but I checked into it.  Wasn't familiar with it - looks good.

57 degrees this morning.  track pants and hoodie weather!!  Thank you Canada and prevailing north winds - it is delightful.   Not sure what the day holds, but I plan to enjoy it.:happy:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-27 10:00 AM
You are welcome. It was for anyone who was listening...Yin is awesome. And men are always in the class, so I think it's more popular with them. I do it every Saturday and it is amazing. The woman that teaches her has been teaching yoga for over 30 years so she is just no words!!! wonderful, informative, experienced, knowledgeable and I love her voice. Funny thing is to see her you would not say 'yoga teacher'

sounds like a lovely day!!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-27 7:06 AM
Beat, slept straight through the night.  Woke up for my 3 AM pee, but it was daylight.:laugh:  Grandkids are wearing me out.   Ft McHenry today.   But 90 and so muggy with Tstorms later.   I need a run but boy it just doesn't seem to fit right now. 

Tom in DE.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-27 10:40 AM
Running around with the g-kids beats just running.
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-07-27 7:14 AM
I have to go back to work tonight. My daughter is leaving at noon when I go over and my 2 sisters will leave tomorrow morning. It’s been great even though the weather has not been so great. Of course today is clear and sunny with almost no humidity :roll:

:grin:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-27 10:01 AM
Awww bummer!! I know that feeling though. When I lived in Maine every time my parents came there was a heat wave. They would complain the entire time..: pbbt::roll:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-27 10:09 AM
I took Misha to hike the trails today and with the thought of "try something new" she accompanied me into the porta pottie:shocker!:  She didn't care for the floor (who would?) so she wiggled on to the bench seat next to me.:shocker!::shocker!:  Me and my girl, always together.:hug:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-27 5:18 PM
I think that is the first doggie john report on runango.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-27 10:13 AM
So today, according to my new running plan it's a rest day. : pbbt: But I cheated and went to the gym for deep water class. It was another fun chatty class. They are great ladies though. I love it when people say you don't look like you had breast cancer....ummmm!!! What do people (because men get breast cancer too) with breast cancer look like?

Have a great day masters!!!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-27 5:19 PM
But you are way too fit looking!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-27 2:22 PM
I had an MRI done today for my pelvic/groin pain.  I have a fracture on my pubis bone and osteoitis which is inflammation of surrounding muscles.  Apparently a few weeks ago the muscles inflamed causing the pain, resting took down inflammation, but now I have a fracture since I resumed running. The constant running brought on the osteoitis.  All those consecutive days of running did me in.  I wouldn't change a thing.  Six weeks of rest should bring me full recovery.  School starts in less than two weeks so I'll just have to take it as easy as possible then.

In the meantime, I'm a couch potato.  It hurts terribly to walk today.

When I was in college I took my one and only ever sip of scotch.  Nasty stuff.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-27 2:36 PM
6 weeks off? You might go insane.

Diagnosis makes sense. I looked your symptoms up on the internet and it said you had 3 weeks left to live. : pbbt:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-27 2:45 PM
Oh my gosh Mike!  That sounds so painful.  I wish you well. :hug:  Time to go after your goal of reading 100 books in a year since you have a little free time.

And you probably won't have to help Makayla move in at college either.   (looking for the silver lining)
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-27 3:52 PM
Yikes!! Rest up! Sounds very uncomfortable. :sad: Heal quick!!!

Oh yeah scotch is awful. When my sister died someone gave me some to calm my nerves. It was awful. Now I smell it and I think of that day.

Feel better!!!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-27 5:23 PM
Glad you got a diagnosis.  It sucks but now you know what you're dealing with.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-27 5:24 PM
College.  Cheap Scotch.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-28 5:25 AM
Oh no!  Wishing you the best in your recovery but I am glad you have a diagnosis.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Fri 27-Jul-2018