Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Have Begun Late
- - By judyruns Date 2018-07-26 7:08 AM
Water is being turned off again :meh: so I worked out early.
Post as you wish. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-26 7:12 AM
Wednesday was a good quick 35 minute trail run. I saw human friends, 3 deer (at least 1 buck), the ospreys, and a fox squirrel with a totally off white tail. Fox squirrels have moved in here. They are bigger than our greys and blacks.
Today was a quick 25 minute run on the TM because I needed time to clean up. Water is being turned off again today.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By Hay Burner Date 2018-07-26 5:25 PM
Wow, that's a lot of wildlife in 35 minutes!  Sounds beautiful.  I miss trail running sometimes.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-07-26 6:55 PM
Interesting that you have so many kinds of squirrels.  We only have the regular old gray squirrels in abundance that wreck havoc from chewing on the deck flooring to eating anything we try to grow in the garden. :roll:

I hope your water is fixed so you don't have to worry about it being turned off again!
Parent - - By reebs (chicken whisperer) Date 2018-07-26 10:22 AM
I would be so sad if my water was turned off. :wink:

Swam this morning. Some synchro drills. It is so good to be in water. Sometimes it is the only place the world makes sense.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-26 1:08 PM
:laugh: Yes! You would!
Yes, water can be very soothing.
Parent - - By Hay Burner Date 2018-07-26 5:24 PM
I'm the opposite - I hate to be wet!  :laugh: 

Well, unless I'm really, really hot.  : pbbt:

Good job on the drills!
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-07-26 11:00 PM
I would be more concerned about not being able to flush if the water was turned off.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-27 6:32 AM
Oh! We fill the bathtub and when we flush, we just dump a bucket in the potty or refill the tank in the back. With a full household, you might need a couple of tubs. :wink:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-26 5:46 PM
I can get into a flow state in the water sometimes that is very similar to trail running. It can be so peaceful.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-07-26 6:49 PM
A swim with no water would be a rather sad affair. :laugh:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-02 10:41 AM
we just call that a normal summer run in the south
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-08-02 12:34 PM
True. :cry:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-26 12:03 PM
Good morning, Judy! Sorry to hear about the water. :sad

I has a USDO yesterday due to my lower back being unhappy. I have had a little inflammation and swelling around my sacrum since doing the weight workout Monday. Nothing serious, and continuing to build muscle will actually help prevent this inflammation long-term, but it's a reminder that I need to be slow and steady building back up.

I am getting a ton done inside though. Lots of smaller projects that can be done mostly sitting down. I will probably do some walking today and then back to normal tomorrow.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-26 1:10 PM
Water's now back on. :cool:
Sorry about the lower back. It feels great to be gettiing lots of things done though.
Parent - - By Hay Burner Date 2018-07-26 5:22 PM
I'm sorry your back is hurting.  I guess we are no longer high functioning athletes in perfect condition.  :sad:  I feel like at this point I'm just fairly fit trying to stave off decrepitude.   :meh:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-26 5:44 PM
No...I am no longer a high functioning athlete in perfect condition, either. Le sigh. Nor can I compensate for my low IQ these days by being able to lift heavy things. : pbbt: But we are still moving and alive, so there's hope, right?
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-07-26 6:51 PM
At least you still have your beauty. :grin:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-27 12:33 PM
Whew! Saved! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Swannie, you are awesome.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-27 4:11 PM
+1  :grin:
Parent - - By Hay Burner Date 2018-07-26 5:20 PM
Still without my truck.  It's nothing bad.  It's just getting painted... but I'm not sure why it's taken so long for them to get to it.  We made an appointment and I dropped it off on July 8th.  They do wonderful work and since we have 1 car per driver at my house, it's usually not a problem.  Usually there is some car here.  Just not lately, with my kids and DH all going different directions every day.

Ran 5 miles this morning and walked 2+.  Took my daughter's car to run errands because I just did not have time to spend a couple hours walking.  Plus, it's been so hot.  Ugh!

Now we're off to the ice cream place.  These people opened an ice cream shop at an old Sonic catty-corner from the high school.  That was a brilliant business move.  They were plenty popular in their old location but now they are SUPER busy all the time with teenage customers (at least in the warmer months.)  They sell coffee too, but since it's an outdoors place (like I said, old Sonic) I don't think they get as much business in the winter.
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-07-26 6:53 PM
A missing vehicle when you're used to having one available is a huge PITA.  I hope you get your truck back soon!
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-07-26 11:01 PM
July 8? As in nearly 3 weeks? I would be wondering where they have taken it to be painted...Pluto?
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-07-26 7:02 PM
I did run this morning, but it was really slow because I was feeling crappy. I mentioned a couple of days ago that BIL was headed to the hospital.  It turns out he had a pulmonary embolism (actually several small clots), but he was released from the hospital today with blood thinners.  Never a dull moment around here. :roll:
- By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-08-02 10:40 AM
Ran 3 with my one friend J who is still good for Chicago. Not sure that T is going to make it, suspecting a stress fracture. She needs to get an MRI, the xray didn't show anything but this horrible shin pain is really bad. She is trying to tape it now but it hurts even when she stands on it. :cry:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Have Begun Late