Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wed 25-Jul-2018
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-25 6:29 AM
Okay - looks like today's choice is between hot fudge sundae day and wine and cheese day.

Or both.

But not combined. That would be nasty.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-25 6:34 AM
Finger workout yesterday - bass lesson and Hanon finger exercises "For the virtuoso pianist" :roll:

Lots of rain over the past few days. We needed it. Not to be picky, but a gentle rain for several days rather than sporadic downpours would have been even better.

Looks like more thunderstorms today, so probably another ET session this evening.

Mark.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-25 7:06 AM
So, since I just gave up ice cream, alcohol, AND I am cutting back on cheese.....hmmmm, you got anything else???:sad::laugh:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-25 7:33 AM
National Merry go round and thread a needle day. Last weekend my granddaughter went on a merry go round at the mall. she sat in one of those spinning tops she had that thing cranking, it was making me dizzy. I said to my son "isn't she going to get sick?" He said nope she does it all the time. :shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-25 7:37 AM
It's trail run Wednesday tonight so run later. I've been pulling weeds all morning. All this rain has been havoc on the gardens. Rain on and off today. Hopefully just a shower tonight at race time. Rain they continue but severe weather they cancel. I'm cat sitting, but the cats are skittish Mary said I might not see them. I have seen the one beautiful black fur ball. This morning I saw the other one, so now I feel better.

Heard they are closing Yosemite :shocker!::cry::cry: we are suppose to go there the first week of September. So now I'm nervous.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-25 2:38 PM
Why are they closing Yosemite? Fire hazard?
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-26 4:50 AM
Yes. Last I heard the fire hadn't reached the park but the air quality is bad.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-25 7:54 AM
Ran 4 this morning. Not too bad considering it is a bit warm and humid.

Think I'll have a sundae for breakfast, wine and cheese for lunch, and then repeat sundae for dinner.

I'd like to take a shower but I can't until I do one set of a core workout. Only takes 7 minutes but I really hate doing it.  However, after a few days of forcing myself to do at least one set I notice I wake up with more flexibility. (I wanted to say that I wake up less stiff but that isn't really safe to say in this forum with certain people looking for code everywhere. :cool: )
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-25 9:04 AM
Diego, Diego, anyone?
Parent - By Diego [us] Date 2018-07-25 11:59 AM
I am insulted. I would never respond to such a soft ball
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-25 11:58 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-25 9:04 AM
I don't have any hot fudge sauce but I did buy vanilla ice cream yesterday.  Sounds like it might be breakfast #2.

Ran 3 this morning trying to beat the heat.  It wasn't wonderful but it's done.  Sat on the patio with coffee and newspaper and dog.:hug:  Now it's time to mow.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-25 11:57 AM
12.03 miles. 4.5 mile w/u. 12x1/4 mile at 5k pace (6:36) with 1/4 mile recoveries. 1.5 mile c/d
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-25 12:10 PM
dang.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-25 1:48 PM
I'm hurting today and struggling to walk, again.  I woke up with weird muscle soreness in my pelvic area, ran 8 slow miles and now I feel worse than after an ultra.  This happened in June.  I loosened up on the run this morning and felt okay.  The muscles are xtremely tight and I can only shuffle my left leg forward.  My body is falling apart. 

A hot fudge sundae sounds good.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-25 2:45 PM
does your high school have a hydro-therapy pool or tank?  I thought maybe since you are a teacher you could get access to it.   Not sure it would help but this weird soreness has got to be making you sad and wondering what the heck.   I hope you have a good night of sleep and a better run tomorrow.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-25 3:07 PM
I don't know, but thanks for the suggestion.  I would be willing to try it.   I can't figure out this pain.  I don't think I'll be able to run the next few days.  Maybe when this works out I need to start a consistent flexibility program.  I turned 52 this year and it's been lights out with the running.:laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-25 3:22 PM
:laugh:  50 made a big difference for me!  I felt like I was completely falling apart.

There are a bazillion yoga you tubes out there.  type in "yoga for xxxxx"  with xxxx being whatever hurts and I bet 5 or 6 will pop up.  And you don't have to do the whole routine or whatever it is, just pick out a couple of the stretches that you like and that feel good.  My husband found a 10 minute "yoga for shoulder pain" and has fixed his frozen shoulder with out going to physical therapy.   That's my unpaid endorsement.:wink:   Good luck Mike, we've got to get you running again.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-25 6:03 PM
I'm just glad you put 4 x's and not 3. Diego might get very wrong ideas. Though, given the internet, you can probably find that as well.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-26 5:18 PM
You should try yin yoga. Amazing stuff.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-26 5:02 AM
Trail race #7 I was watching the weather all day. Storms were predicted to come through, so it was a thin crowd. One guy said "wimps!" when a woman asked where everyone was.

So that was a brutal, brutal, brutal trail run. I finished in 33:00, so not terrible, but it was not pretty. Running through the wooded portions was like a furnace. It was unanimous that at mile 2 someone turned up the heat. When I got to the half way point water stop the woman said I don't know where the leaders are because they always started coming when I hit that point. So even the top runners were hurting. I asked a guy I was running beside if we should do a rain dance...he said "God NO!" huh I thought rain would feel good at that point? :wtf:

I learned last week that you had to ask for veggie burgers, :mutmad: so I asked this week and everyone in line around me asks "you have veggie burgers?" The guy looked at me and said 'wow you started something' :laugh::laugh::laugh: the woman two ahead of me was standing with her plate looking displeased tapping it on her hand. I know that look, been there six weeks in a row...she said thanks for saying that. I never thought to ask. I said yeah I just learned last week. So we had the healthy options at a running event discussion. Sheeesh.

They time the run but it's not a race so no awards, but a raffle at the end. I scored a Nashoba travel mug. :cool::cool::cool:

That's it...next week is the last run.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-26 6:49 AM
ugh.  Sounds like a really tough run.  But winning the raffle kind of makes you forget about it right?   I bet they run out of veggie burgers next week.:wink:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-26 11:49 AM
I think so. They were out by the end of the night. Finishing made me forget it and knowing it wasn’t just me:shocker!:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-26 10:47 AM
I don't enjoy evening races. I skipped my town's summer series.  6:30 on Friday nights. :roll:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-26 11:51 AM
Not my favorite either. But it is very close to the house and a trail run.  I never feel I perform well at night. I’m always totally worn out. My time never seems to improve like my morning run does.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wed 25-Jul-2018