Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 24 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-24 6:15 AM
Ok, I will start the daily for any lurkers out there.

Post away.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-24 6:30 AM
Beat me by a few minutes.

For the record it is National Tequila Day.

30 Minutes on the ET followed by planks. Apparently my glutes are the weak link. They are what hurts after the planks. So yes, planks are a pain in my butt.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:18 PM
Darn it! Just when I recommitted to a healthier diet-there is National Tequila Day!:roll:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:49 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-24 7:01 AM Edited 2018-07-24 7:03 AM
Hey, I did 30 minutes on the ARC trainer, which is basically an ET, so I am like MarkH!

I did some weights before the ARC and I plan to do one set of my core workout before I shower.  That will include a couple planks so I am even more like MarkH!!

Need to do the core workout more. I saw an article about a 73 year old who completed the Western States 100 under the cutoff. He does core workouts to improve his running. https://www.runnersworld.com/trail-running/a21998984/73-year-old-sets-western-states-record/

Greybeard - How was the ball game last night?
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-24 8:48 AM
Sam did the ARC this morning. So she is like you who is like MarkH
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-24 11:43 AM
I did the ARC trainer yesterday, so I too am like MarkH!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:20 PM
I definitely need to work on my core! Great article!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-24 8:46 AM
de lurking.:grin:  Or maybe DeClerque-ing (my grandmother's maiden name)

Thank you Mark for the tequila update; I'm having dinner with friends tonight and that might just be the ticket!  I've got a 50 minute yoga youtube queued up and a haircut before lunch.  That's a full day for me!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:20 PM
Sounds like a fun day!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-24 8:49 AM
Went to gym with Sam this morning. 30 minutes of weightlifting for me, then 6.27 mile run home in the rain. Been raining since Saturday.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:21 PM
I actually enjoy running in the rain as long as it's not a hard rain!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-24 8:58 AM
Fun night at the Phillies, but they lost to Dodgers 7-6.  There were 8 home runs in the game, but the winning run scored on a wild pitch.  Josiah got to eat a ball park hot dog, peanuts, popcorn, crackerjacks, all of the good stuff. Oh we had vanilla ice cream to celebrate the day on the way  to the game.  Got home quarter after midnight.  Raining this morning so I bailed on the run.

Today Josiah and I pack our bags and take the train to Roanoke, VA.  We will meet up with Mom and rest of family.  Originally we would stay with my niece but Anna Faith is down with bad cold.  Betsy just finished chemo last spring so not going to spread it.   Hotel in Roanoke.  Tomorrow, I will drive but we will go to Udvar Hazy Smithsonian Air + Space Museum outside Dulles Airport.  Josiah loved that he could watch plane take off from Philly over the ball park last night.    Fun Stuff. 

No tequila today.

Tom in DE
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:22 PM
You stay SO busy!!
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-07-24 11:55 AM
It’s very gray and foggy today but we jumped off the pier anyway. The kiddos are having a ball. I’m going to try and get in a short run if I have time.

:grin:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:22 PM
I know you are enjoying time with the kids!:hug:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-24 12:49 PM
I need to add planks and sit-ups like some of you.  And perhaps a bit of yoga like Dawn.  Or at least bend over and stretch occasionally.  Maybe I'll start.  I really need to. 

I ran the 8 mile circuit this morning. 

Melissa and Makayla are out doing a little shopping.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:24 PM
I've been saying those same things myself! Stretching is NOT my favorite thing! And planks....yeah, NO!!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-24 1:31 PM
Went to the dentist this morning.  I so enjoy my dental visits. 

Probably won't get a workout today.  Need to bake 50 potatoes for tonight's Alpha dinner at church.  And I will stay and help to serve and clean.

Looks like we won't be hitting triple digits today -- yea!

Ok that's it from my hot corner of the world.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:26 PM
50 potatoes?? Wow! I used to help out in the kitchen at our church in CT, but haven't gotten that involved with a church here. I really miss it! Enjoy! Also......You ENJOY dental visits???:shocker!:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:17 PM
Hi, Gang! I'm doing a lot of cross-training aka dragging stuff from my garage for the sale this weekend!

I received good news from the oncologist yesterday. "No CT evidence for metastatic disease to the chest, abdomen or pelvis. Stable exophytic cystic masses arising from the pancreas." The paperwork said that I have Atherosclerosis of the aorta and coronary arteries. My doctor didn't even mention that and was getting ready to leave the room, so I asked him about it. He said that I should PROBABLY take an aspirin a day if I don't already, and have myself checked out by my PCP. I mentioned that with all of my blood work over the past two years that I had never seen anything about a cholesterol test. I thought this was odd since they expressed to me that the Letrozole I am on could cause an increase in my cholesterol levels along with some other issues. He said that since he couldn't treat me for cholesterol issues, they don't test for it, but that I should have it checked by my PCP. SOOOO.....I called my PCP today to set up an appointment, but it seems she left the practice. The lady I spoke with said that they don't actually have a doctor right now, but they have an NP on staff. She said that they do have some temporary visiting doctors a couple of times a week, but if I make an appointment I can't request to see one of them, because they don't know WHEN they will be there.....so maybe a doc, or maybe a nurse practitioner??

Sorry that was so long! Also, thanks for the prayers and kind words of concern yesterday while I was waiting to find out the results of the scans.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:39 PM
Good news Pam!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-24 2:49 PM
:hug::hug:
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-07-24 8:06 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-25 5:43 AM
Good news!! Thanks for the update. One of the reasons I refused the hormone treatment was all the heart issues. I have enough of that in my family already. I always see a NP. I have never laid eyes on my PCP not once!!! Every time I have my cholesterol checked they say "I've never seen someone your age with such low cholesterol"

I love NP's!!! Every time I talk to MD's they have an answer prepared before I'm even finished, but the NP will listen to my entire question and act like they heard what I said. The only MD I like is my surgeon and the radio-onco I saw for a consult. 

So happy your scans are clear..:hug::hug:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-25 6:36 AM
Thanks, Deb! I don't normally have a problem with NP's, but an NP at this office was the one that laughed at me and rolled her eyes when I went in for a referral for a diagnostic mammogram. She said it was nothing and that my other breast felt the same when you could actually SEE the mass in my right breast.:mutmad: I'm sure these other folks get tired of this topic, but if you don't mind-remind what your diagnosis was. I can't remember anything these days.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-25 7:28 AM
I had a receptionist do that :roll: to me when the NP said he wanted a mammogram stat. She rolled her eyes and said "who orders a mammogram stat?" I said I guess he does I think he wants to get the ball rolling, so the soonest possible maybe. I wonder why some people have the job they do...

I had a stage 2 estrogen+. Stage two because it was in one node so they took 8. Really??? I had a low Onco score. My oncologist is one of those 'lets throw everything at it'. I'd ask questions and she would repeat this Standard of care mantra that made both Chris and me insane. She even disagreed with the radiologist in oncology. I think you need it. I said he is really certain that I don't. The funny thing is he told me she would say that. He was amazing, he answered everything I asked. Told me and showed me studies. Said I would benefit 2%, in his opinion the side effects outweighed that. Other than him they never had any answers for me. I did everything they said at the beginning (double mast, reconstruction, chemo, etc)  and when I didn't feel I was getting better I took matters into my own hands. They don't like that.

But it was always a NP who figured things out for me. Every drug they gave me I had problems with. My O would just say "that's how it is" the NP would ask have you ever had a problem with x drug before? Every time I see or talk to my O she blows out air like I'm wasting her time, or she is bored. Everyone loves her. :wtf: I thought it was me, but Chris said she has an total attitude with you. One time I asked for the studies she refers too and she just blinked at me. But he thinks I ask too many questions she can't answer. Yes I know I am the patient from hell. :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-25 5:45 AM
I did not lurk yesterday (Tuesday) :laugh::laugh::laugh: I was reading my book nearly all day. Could not put it down. I did go the gym and do some deep water pool running exercise though.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 24 Jul 2018