Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturdaily, 21 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-21 9:47 AM
Oh my goodness...where are our daily starters?

Did you know today is (among others) national junk food day?  What is your favorite junk food?

Post, post...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-21 10:42 AM Edited 2018-07-21 10:44 AM
Good afternoon.

I woke up an 4:45 this morning and since I didn't think I would get back to sleep I went to the park for 3.21 miles.  Later in the morning it was coffee and book study with the guys.

Then Cindy and I went out and traded our 2013 Buick Verano for a 2012 Mercedes C300 4Matic.  Rides real nice on the highway.  It should make our trip to Florida more comfortable.  Here is what it looks like http://media.caranddriver.com/images/11q3/417358/2012-mercedes-benz-c300-4matic-sport-photo-419044-s-1280x782.jpg

I also picked up a few groceries, vacuumed part of the house, and cleaned some carpet.  I use the stuff you spray on, work in with a mop, and vacuum after it dries. This is the second time I've done it and it is a quick little fix to high traffic areas that get dingy.

Guess the rest of the day is open for reading and/or napping.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-21 12:31 PM
I like your car choice.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-21 1:31 PM
Man you gave me a hankering for a coffee and a book.

Wow nice ride. Should I post mine :laugh::laugh::laugh:

My cat gaked on Chris' oriental rug. I used Resolve pet cleaner it was amazing took it right out and you can't tell where I used it.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-21 1:32 PM
Nice car!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-21 10:43 AM
about 2.5 miles today. The plan was to run 6 using an old route I hadn't in forever. But I knew going out the door that wasn't going to happen. So, I shifted to 3 miles around the park. Got about a mile into that and knew that wasn't happening either. Went a little further and gave up and walked the mile or so back home.

Nice day for a run, so a bit of a bummer.

When I got home, I punished myself for the poor run by doing planks. That will teach me.

I think the music festival is going to be rained out.

Little Debbie Swiss Roll junk food will soothe the annoyance.

Mark.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-21 11:39 AM
Don't punish yourself, just start again. 

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

A few good breaths will soothe annoyance too.. :wink::hug::hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-21 12:32 PM
oh those little debbies!!!!   I love them frozen.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-21 11:36 AM
I stopped in earlier, but no one started a post, so I went to chore mode. Folding clothes I watched the end of what seemed like a really good movie. :cry: So now I have to find when it airs again.:meh: I hate that!!

I've been wanting to add some miles to one of my runs, so this morning I thought I'd try it out. I would love to run a 10K by the end of the year. Ran an old 4 mile loop, yes I know it's sad when 4 miles is your long run. :shocker!: Halfway through it seemed to get really hot, so I started adding in walk breaks. Finished in 42 minutes. It was an amazing run. The weather was amazing even though a tad warmish. It is the first time in over 2 years I have really felt normal again--running, working out, yoga, oh and 3 lbs from my pre surgery weight. Just feeling really good lately.

When I came home the cats were in the same room chillin peacefully only a couple of feet from each other. :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!: I stretched and they both just watched. Now that is a great end to a great run. Like I was saying to Dawn the yucky runs make you really appreciate the good ones.

Hmm junk food...I try to stay away from processed and bad food, but I do like Ben and Jerry's dairy free...and Fig Bars. Always loved fig bars.

Thanks for starting the thread. Happy Caturday!!! :wink::wink:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-21 12:33 PM
You and I are on the same plan.  I'd like my 10k in late September though.  My long run is 4 but look out next week; I'm shooting for 4.5!!:laugh:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-21 12:55 PM
Wooot!!!

Are you following a plan plan? or is that just what you go out and run. I finished my beginning runners plan and have just been sticking to running 30 minutes the past couple of weeks. I was looking at Hal Higdon's plans but you have to pay for them now? :wtf:

There is a Halloween 6.66 I was running every year that I'd like to run this year. But I just saw they have a Creepy Clown 3.33 now. The things that happen when you'r not in the loop...:shocker!:
https://www.bnseventmanagement.com/event/devils-chase-6-66-miler/ https://www.bnseventmanagement.com/event/creepyclown333/
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-21 6:12 PM
I'm not following any published plan.  And that's crap if you have to pay for one.:mutmad:  I'm just adding on 1/2 mile a week to the long run until I get to 6.  There's a local 10k where you pick your own charity which is kind of cool.  It is all uphill in residential neighborhoods and then a big sweeping turn into a park and you come back all downhill on paved path thru timber.  The last 3 miles just feel effortless.  And the course is measured wrong so it's only a 6 miler too.:grin:  It is late Sept or early Oct so that's what I'm gearing up for.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-21 12:39 PM
3.25 this morning.   Then a trip to Menards which is our version of Home Depot.   Lee wants to take down wallpaper and evidently there is a tool that you just can't live without.  And we also would like a new light by the back door but they all were ugly.  So I told him to just pick one.   On the upside I picked out a new bathroom sink and vanity.   The bathroom is scheduled for 2020 though so I'm sure I'll change my mind before then.   I only took pictures; didn't spend money yet.

Amy just showed up.  Time for coffee and antiquing.    

QOTD -  Doritos are my downfall.:sad:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturdaily, 21 Jul 2018