Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 20 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-20 6:53 AM
Woo Hoo --we made it to Friday!

What are your weekend plans?

Post, post, post...
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-20 8:16 AM
Good Morning.

30 minutes on the Elliptical last night. Also did some planks, because, well, why not.

Not much planned this weekend outside the usual. I am going to try to get to the the LadyBug festival. I went last year with Rebecca and had fun.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-20 8:32 AM
planks are good.   just keep telling yourself that.    What's the main event at a lady bug festival?
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-20 9:12 AM
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-20 10:21 AM
:cool:   So much good music!   I'm kind of interested in "Swing That Cat":grin:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-20 12:22 PM
Wow I use to live in Philly and never heard of this..sounds amazing.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-20 12:23 PM
Enjoy the Ladybug Festival! And planks?? Yeah, not happening here!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-20 8:31 AM
Good morning.  Re your Mamma Mia question of the other day - It opened at our theater last night and a local restaurant prepared all kinds of greek food and threw a premier party.  There are many pictures on Facebook - looks like it was a ton of fun. 

We have rain all day today.  The off and on kind so Misha and I can get our walks in between showers.  We'll stay dry if we stick to our own neighborhood.

Amy and I have a girls day planned tomorrow.  First and foremost her car needs an oil change, then our favorite coffee shop, then the antique store for kitchen chairs.  She's been out of the house 10 months and is still using some old wooden folding chairs.:shocker!:  She inherited a gorgeous oak table from a friend so we are on the hunt for oak chairs of 1940's vintage.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-20 12:14 PM
I watched Mamma Mia last night (the first one) but I saw the new one has Cher. that has to be funny. The trainer today was talking about it too. That party sounded fun.

Tomorrow sounds fun! Wooden folding chairs sound kind of fun and bohemian. But vintage oak chairs would be very cool..

Why do they stop making furniture with character?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-20 1:00 PM
The wooden folding chairs are very cool.  We've had them forever.  Amy can trip just while walking so I get concerned when she tells me she stands on them to reach the top shelves in the cupboards.:shocker!:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-20 6:06 PM
oh that's not good. She sounds like Jamie. :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-20 12:24 PM
Have fun with Amy! Alex and I are spending girl time together getting ready for a garage sale! Your plans sound like a lot more fun!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-20 12:58 PM
I don't suppose you have any kitchen chairs at your garage sale...….?
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-20 1:23 PM
Ha-Ha.....actually, Alex has some she's selling!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-20 9:25 AM
I'm at the office today. Not planning on any workouts.

Saturday will be book study in the morning. Sunday will be a big software install.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-20 9:54 AM
Nothing planned for the weekend that I know of...Chris is helping his daughter move in with his ex-wife. So that should be fun for him. :evil::shocker!: She tried living with us last summer, but I guess we expect too much courtesy from someone sharing a living space. :wtf: She announced at a dinner party that she would NEVER live with anyone ever again and glared at me. I asked Chris what I did. She didn't like that I wanted to know who was coming and going. Really is that too much to ask? So it makes me laugh she is moving in with her mother. But her mother is her drinking buddy so maybe it will work, as Chris and I rarely drink. We might have a drink when we go out to dinner, but that's not often. That was another thing she announced "there is never anything to drink here!"

Anyway..that was TMI

My knee is still kind of cranky and my ankle is feeling funny since I ran in my old trail shoe.  I went to the gym to do some pool running and arms and abs. When I got there the trainer who does an easier deep water class had a class going so I joined in and planned to do abs and arms in the gym after. Her class is usually a slow paced beginner type class so I was making it harder (running when she said walk or long strides). There were two other more advanced women there so she started giving advanced options. :cool::cool: She was doing a lot of ab and arm exercises :shocker!: by the end my abs were warm from working so much so I bailed on the land workout. My arms were quivering anyway. :laugh:

So funny story of the day: There is this woman who is always at the gym working out. I'd guess she is in her 80's, only because she told me she has a son around my age (he's 60). She does not look 80 at all! She swims all the time and I couldn't tell you how many leg lifts she does. She is so funny. This petite little old lady. I love her. One day she was dressed for Wimbleton in a straw hat working out  :shocker!:. Today she comes out of the sauna (where she changes her clothes :wtf:) holding her shirt down over her thighs and announces "I CAN'T FIND MY UNDERWEAR"  :laugh::laugh::laugh: I said "oh my, well you don't have to wear any. And you're going to stretch your shirt out doing that, as we can see it all" She looked at me with the most amazingly funny, shocked look. I just laughed so hard. While I'm laughing I added "its liberating, try something new, you're hip" (one day she told me she was hip because she has a tattoo) She says "Ladies don't do that!" She says "they're orange, you can only wear orange on Friday!" I said "Ok Sheldon..." she looked at me puzzled, you know my name is Christine. I left laughing so hard!!! As were the ladies in the locker room. I'm still laughing thinking about it.

Have a great Friday and weekend everyone!!

sorry this is so long....
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-20 10:28 AM
I pretty much am enjoying everything in this post.    Learn something new every day; only wear orange on Friday.  hmmm......:laugh:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-20 11:56 AM
I LOVED that!!! Sage advice from a sweet little old lady...orange on Friday. I never knew that. I wish you could have heard her though. Her voice makes it so funny. She was so serious. I would think she would only wear white. Guess she is hip.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-20 12:22 PM
Hope everything goes well with the move. How old is the daughter?

Sheldon:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-20 12:32 PM
She is 25 believe it or not. She is very immature for her age and experience. She's never had success living with people, but it's always been the other person. When she was here I figured out why. Two months ago she was buying a sports car, now she can't afford her rent? :wtf:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-20 12:34 PM
I managed to get my CT scans this morning! I'm extremely claustrophobic, and even though these scans aren't as confining as some-I still get very anxious. Glad that's over-now I just have to wait to see my oncologist on Monday for the results.

Alex and I are getting together some things for a garage sale so that will keep us busy this weekend.

I almost forgot that Ray's new band is playing out for the first time this weekend. Not a paid gig, but it should be fun. He doesn't seem very excited, but hopefully, he will enjoy it. He needs a bit of fun!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-20 1:01 PM
fun weekend plans.  especially the music.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-20 6:08 PM
Wow you are still getting scans? Glad you got through them. Local music is always good. Chris rarely gets paid by the bands he works for. It's all about the support and music.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-21 1:49 PM
Yes, regular scans because I am very high risk for recurrence. Ray loves playing drums, but he's not crazy about the music these guys are playing, so we will see!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 20 Jul 2018