Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fretting on Friday Dailies
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-20 3:23 AM
I set my alarm for 4:30 but I woke up at 3:30 :meh:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-20 3:28 AM
Work has been crazy lately and I am planning to go on vacation next Saturday.

All of this activity has got me alternating between anxiety and exhaustion.  Fortunately, I managed to get up early on Weds and do a track workout and then squeeze in a lunch run yesterday so I have only had to take one SDO so far this week. (Monday because of the hair appt). :cool:

I am up and getting ready to head to the gym for a short run 2-3 miles and some weights.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-20 6:03 AM
You will benefit from a vacation!
Excellent workouts. :grin:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-20 3:58 PM
I hope you can relax and enjoy your vacation. How's DD?
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-21 11:37 AM
She is doing well and enjoying school. She had a rough first year, but this year was much better as I predicted. She made the right decision choosing to go back.  :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-20 6:01 AM
To add to yesterday’s thread regarding deer: Once I saw a doe surprised by a very slow driving police cruiser (no lights or siren, just the car). She was on the right side of it and leaped right over the top of the car to the ground on the other side.

Thursday I did 45 out the trail, most of it with a running buddy. Errands afterwards.
Today I hope to do the trail again. No coyotes howling this morning but there was a crow fuss. :grin:
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-20 6:50 AM
I don't know if that doe is smart or lucky.:shocker!:
Parent - - By Hay Burner Date 2018-07-20 6:55 AM
After all my experiences with deer around here, my guess is lucky!  :laugh:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-20 10:14 AM
Remember the Mountain Masochist race where a deer leaped over a runner?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-20 1:56 PM
:shocker!:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-20 9:20 AM
The cruiser just being there spooked her and she jumped over the very top of the car. It was on a driveway/path, only used by very local people. When she jumped the cruiser, the cop who was driving ducked. :laugh:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-20 4:02 PM
Wow on the doe!
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-20 10:17 AM
T-Bone had a seriously grueling couple of weeks at work and is taking the day off. I expect to go for a little run this afternoon, but only after we have a nice morning together of errands and stuff.

Two weeks of being on a lower-carb eating plan, and working out a LOT more, and the scale, darn it, has not budged. At all. :mutmad: But I feel different, and can already see some changes, so I am going to chalk this up to workout-related, and altitude-related, water retention. Just the fact that I have been the exact same weight daily is a miracle, given that weight seems to fluctuate about three pounds or so throughout each day at this altitude. So something is going right, I am sure.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-20 10:29 AM
I hope you find a plan that helps you accomplish your goals.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-20 4:04 PM
I have no answer for you on the weight. Maybe change up your diet a bit.
Parent - - By Hay Burner Date 2018-07-20 11:51 AM
2+ miles walked, 3+ miles run today.  Took it easy, pace-wise.  Felt okay.

I don't know if anyone will see the continuing saga of the raccoon on the Thursday thread.  Our feeders are all the "squirrel-proof" kinds - for varying reasons.  One has a latch inside that you catch when you put the top on.  Dang raccoon figured out how to rock the feeder back and forth on the hook until it comes unlatched.  Not sure how else to describe it.  Another feeder has a cage around it.  The raccoon got this feeder out of the tree by WORKING A CARABINER and getting it off, letting it fall to the ground.  Then somehow, it got the cage thingie off of it, even though that's not easy to do because the cage easily catches on the bird perches.  Once the cage was off, it took the top off.  The third feeder has the spring-loaded perches that make the holes close when anything heavier than a small bird sits on it.  The raccoon climbed along the branch of the tree, apparently couldn't work THAT carabiner, so it grabbed the feeder and wound it around and around the tree branch (it's suspended by a wire) until the feeder was right up against the tree branch.  Then it RIPPED the lid off the feeder, completely destroying the clips that hold the lid on.

Two of these feeders (cage & spring-load) hang in the tree.  The one with the "catch" is on a skinny metal pole, which supposedly they can't climb.  So I've been bringing in the two tree feeders at night.  Then this morning, the one on the pole (catch kind) had the lid off again!  I was like... :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:!!!!!!  All I can figure is it climbed the rhododendron bush to get on the pole.  The pole also has a garden flag that hangs opposite the feeder and it was all muddy from paw prints.  I suppose it could also have climbed up our siding and jumped off the roof of our family room.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-20 2:01 PM
My deceased DH had a longwire antenna for his radio which went off our balcony and down a huge pine tree trunk. When listening he could hear lots of static. When he went to check the antenna, there was a big raccoon on the trunk of the tree. It had the long wire in its little paws and was pulling it up and down. Raccoons are very agile varmints. :laugh:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-20 4:05 PM
This raccoons. Can you grease parts of the birder? I saw a post somewhere about putting a slinky around a pole to deter squirrels.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-21 11:39 AM
I never knew raccoons could be so industrious. :shocker!:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-07-20 3:57 PM Edited 2018-07-20 4:05 PM
I woke up and my foot felt good! The shot actually helped and I guess resting made the tendon feel better. Anyway, I did a walk run and it was wonderful. My foot is a little twingy from walking around barefoot at one of my cases. I went to the store and bought shoes covers so that I can wear my shoes in the houses that request I take them off.:laugh: Hopefully the families are ok with that. I'm hoping that because my neuroma is better my step won't be so wonky and the tendon will relax. I'm back on Celebrex for a few days at a high dose too. I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I looked over my running journals and enjoyed reading them.:hug: I haven't done a journal in ages, so I think I might get one. Since I was up so early I got some chores done. This weekend I'm hoping to figure out the look I picked up from a friend.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-20 4:51 PM
Great that your foot is better! I would think that shoe covers would help in the unusual situations with families. It's more likely that runners need special shoes with their injuries. Our shoes are often prosthetic in nature. Mine sure are.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-21 11:42 AM
I hope you continue to see improvement in your foot. 

Good luck with the journal!

Are you trying to figure out a look, a hook or a book?
Up Topic Communities / Women / Fretting on Friday Dailies