Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thirsty Thursday, 19 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-19 6:13 AM
We are all experiencing hot summer days, I bet we are thirsty all day long.

Post away...
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-19 6:50 AM
I've got 30 oz of my daily 90 of liquids already in me.  Good to go!

I had a pretty good 4 miler yesterday.  I've taken to walking at every half mile.  Gives me time to adjust my hat and sun glasses, change my music, gawk at strangers.  In the past I never would have walked, but now it's all about having fun and taking it easy on myself.

I'm looking forward to today's yoga.  I've missed it the past couple days and I need a good stretch.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-19 8:35 AM
Dawn, I am STILL working on the yoga thing! I know what you mean about the walking, I used to think that if I walked at all, I could not call myself a runner! Now, if I can run a quarter mile out of a mile.....I call it a run!!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-19 7:10 AM Edited 2018-07-19 7:20 AM
Maybe a trip to the gym later for me. I did a software update last night and had 2 other updates installed overnight. Lots of stuff to check on and monitor this morning.

I have a major 2-part software update I have to do on Sunday.  If my already queasy stomach makes it intact to Monday then I should be ok.  I try not to get stressed with these updates, but billions of dollars pass through our claim system and every change I make is another chance to mess something up.  Every few minutes I notice my shoulders are all tensed up so I have make myself relax them. 

Woke up to 60° with low humidity so at least I get to work with my windows open for a little while.  It should be in the mid-80's by noon.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-19 8:31 AM
Good luck with the update. I can't imagine the stress that must create. I hear you about the shoulders thing-I am constantly forcing myself to breathe and relax my shoulders.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-19 8:29 AM
I am definitely thirsty these days! I TRY to drink enough water, but I really don't like water unless I'm running!

I know this is a running forum, but I also know that many of you believe in the power of prayer, so I'm asking for you all to keep my family and me in your prayers this week! Alex was offered a job in the Boston area teaching French, and unless she can get affordable housing (yeah, I KNOW.....we are talking Boston!), she will have to turn the job down. She can stay with my son Nick and his fiance for a month, but they have a TINY house and it's over an hour and a half away from her job, and transportation will be complicated, etc......Anyway, she has a very good possibility of getting into an apartment with the friend, of a friend and I would appreciate prayers that it will work out for her!

Also, I have appointments for two different CT scans tomorrow and an appointment with my oncologist on Monday. I won't go into great detail, but I was going to change my appointments because I don't really have the co-pays this week, but since it's so hard to re-schedule appointments and I have been having some issues recently that I really need to have checked out, I'm praying that I can talk my hospital into letting the co-pay go until the first so that I can get the scans done tomorrow. I'm prepared to beg, because as most of y'all know.....I have no pride left these days anyway. In addition to being stressed about whether I will be able to have the scans done tomorrow, for some reason I'm much more stressed about what the scans will show this time. Again, prayers are very much appreciated.

Now for the running thing......I'm heading out for my attempt at another Couch to 5k workout. I've been fatigued and sluggish over the past week, and it's tough with the heat and humidity as most of you know!

I will check in after my run/walk. Wish me luck!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-19 10:08 AM
30 minutes-DONE! I will say this again, though.....I MUST start getting out there earlier in the day before the sun is beating down! My routine lately has been....no sleep (well, my Fitbit say's I get 3 hours a night, most nights:roll:)-sluggish early in the morning, procrastinate, do stuff around the house and THEN get out the door, or wait for night and then there are storms to contend with.......

Anyway, I'm so happy that I forced myself to get out the door!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-19 10:10 AM
BTW....WHY does water taste so amazing when I'm out running, and yet so horrible when I get back in the house???????
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-19 11:39 AM
because when you are running you just used up a bunch.  drink, drink, drink.:happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-19 1:56 PM
Pam,
You and your family are in my prayers.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-19 2:00 PM
Thank you!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-19 1:39 PM
I keep water going in me all day in the summer.  I finish my morning run and down one 16oz water without delay.

Less humid here this morning.  I ran my normal 8 miler. 

Later in the morning I met up with some friends at the local Burger King and had another cup of coffee. 

Melissa, Makayla, and I ran some errands.  Makayla bought a few small items for her dorm room.  She'll be moving in August 10.

I have a couple medication training videos to watch for school.  Tomorrow morning I have to demonstrate that I know how to give different medications to kids.

My prayers with you, Pam!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-19 1:51 PM
Thank you for the prayers! Where is Makayla going to school? I know I've heard this before, but my memory stinks these days!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-19 4:23 PM
Boyce College.  In Louisville, so only 50 minutes from home.  The school is part of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-19 1:59 PM
Went for my power walk early this morning before the heat was in full force.  Not bad at all.

Cancer just sucks.  We received word today that my husband's former co-worker has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  She is my age.  We are just heartbroken.  Please add Becky and her family to your prayer list.

I take a water bottle with me and drink it during my power walk.  And I drink it throughout the day.

See you tomorrow.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-19 2:03 PM
It's so much nicer out there early in the morning! Glad it wasn't bad for your power walk!

I will definitely keep Becky and her family in my prayers. I know that pancreatic cancer is tough.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-19 4:25 PM
Prayers for Becky.:sad:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thirsty Thursday, 19 Jul 2018