Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday 7/18/18
- - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-18 6:04 AM
Good morning all. How is it going?

is this Dawn?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-18 6:41 AM
I don't doubt Dawn would do the same thing as the woman in the article. I liked 2 other stories linked on that page:
- Man Crashes Car, Removes Clothes to Pass as Jogger to Flee Scene
- No, Tracking Your Heart Rate When Taking Drugs Won’t Keep You Safe

I ran 4 this morning. 62° with a little fog.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-18 12:35 PM
62 sounds heavenly!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-18 7:03 AM
Aww, and she's a brown-eyed girl too.   The dog, not the jogger.    Thanks for posting it.

Misha has been walked and is full of it.  Literally, she ate some cat poo.:roll:  Now she is running circles like a crazy woman and can't understand why doing so shortens her tie out.

I'm going to lock her in doggie jail and go for a run.  Waiting for morning traffic to ease up as today's route is back and forth across 2 bridges and thru both downtowns.  And a farmers market.  And a state highway.   Doesn't sound that great but it's a pretty route.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-18 7:37 AM
That cat probably had eaten a bunch of cat nip.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-07-18 7:56 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-18 12:36 PM
Hope you had a good run!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-18 7:28 AM
Dawn would probably do that.  And help a kitten too.

I've been an inconsistent forum member.  The day gets away from me and it's five o'clock and haven't had a chance to post.  I've had meetings the past two days.  Good meetings.  One was a leadership team school-related.  The other two were meetings with area pastors that I chose to attend. 

I'm at school again this morning for round two of a leadership team meeting.  Our principal has chosen 9 staff to be on a school leadership team.  We are studying together John Maxwell's book on the 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.  It's a pretty good book so far.

I ran my usual 8 miles.  Not too humid this morning.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-18 7:39 AM
Mike I bet you can apply some of your coaching skills to leadership.  Motivate and inspire.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-18 8:56 AM
Hey Mike, how are you feeling?  I worry when you don't run a marathon every weekend.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-18 3:44 PM
I was going to run the local 8 hour run which is next month, but that weird leg pain a few weeks ago set me back.  Other priorities have crowded out long runs.  I miss running a good marathon.  I'm feeling okay, but not as fluid with the running as I was.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-18 12:39 PM
I'm working on being a more consistent forumite myself! Some days I'm just so busy, and other days I really can't think of much to say!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-18 7:49 AM
11.09 miles this morning. I few of them fast.

Took Joey (20) to Reagan Natl Airport last night (during storms and rush hour-great drive). He is going to the Philippines for a 1 month internship (finance/accounting major)
Sam took Mary to BWI airport this morning for an early flight to Arizona. She is visiting Josh, Katie and Baby Ellie for 2 weeks.
Josh and family just moved from Lincoln NE to Flagstaff Arizona.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-18 8:05 AM
Flight to AZ.  Must be South West.   I wave to flying out of BWI Monday night. 

Philippines for Finance Internship is different.  International finance?

A good run report with double digits and a few fast.  Still working towards a marathon to qualify for Boston?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-18 8:55 AM
Sounds like quite a 'grown up' day for Mary.   One of the perks of being one of your younger kids is visiting older brothers and sisters where ever they land in life.

Nice job on the run.  I did double digits too; but it was minutes not miles.:laugh:
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-18 12:41 PM
Still quite the busy family you have there!!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-18 7:59 AM
Yesterday was just amazing to travel around NYC with Josiah. Exhausting carrying a big old back pack around NY all day.  Josiah has all his clothes for 2 weeks in DE. so I carried his pack.  It's always interesting navigating big city airports, bus, subway,train stations,etc.  You have to have a keen skill to locate bathrooms.  At least it's all in English.  Again this year I was impressed at how many people were so kind and helpful to us.  A significant hiccup at Newark, NJ airport.  We had purchased our New Jersey Transit ticket for a train to Penn Station NY.  On the way to the train an NJT official told us no trains today take the bus instead.  A series of really nice guys got us on the express bus, not that express means fast.  So Josiah got to experience traffic in NY.  Josiah was very impressed with all of the horn blowing.  A Lego store in Rockefeller Center was a big hit and we spent much time there, and a few bucks, but not too much.

Low key rest day today, doing train stuff.  Will likely build some miniature buildings.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-18 8:53 AM
Best day ever.  Josiah will never forget this stuff.  He's a lucky kid to pal around with you.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-18 12:54 PM
I saw the photos on FB! Sounds like a wonderful trip that will be remembered for a long time to come!
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-18 8:48 AM
No, that is not Dawn. Dawn is more of a lab mix.

25 minutes on the Elliptical. Near the end of the workout a song came on that starts out at about 135 bpm and rises to around 200. So of course, I had to take the challenge of staying synchronized.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-18 8:53 AM
: pbbt:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-18 10:09 AM
I have finished my power walk and now hibernating for the rest of the day.  Plan to see "Lady Bird" to help me pass the day.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-18 1:18 PM
Let us know how you liked "Lady Bird"....It looks pretty good. Enjoy your hibernation!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-07-18 10:18 AM
Good afternoon. I haven't checked in much lately, and once again it's because things have been crazy (mostly me!) in my household, and I haven't really put in that many miles to talk about.

As for the miles-even though I just did a 10k on the 4th, (you can check out my fat self on my blog post if you would like!)  https://justanotherstupidmarathon.blogspot.com/2018/07/july-4th-peachtree-road-race.html  I decided to start on the Couch to 5k plan. I want to be able to do a 5k in October, and I want to actually RUN the entire way and not just get through it!
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-19 4:18 AM
Ran #6 of the Tiki series last night. I was not into it and my knee was raging I couldn't find my Altra trail shoes, my stomach was feeling kind of edgy, and I had a headache, just one of those days. :sad:: pbbt: Right after we got there I started talking to the Salomon shoe rep and heard the crunch and squeal. At the same time we said that didn't sound good. It was weird because the sound was backward. And I saw near miss earlier in the day when I let a cop go in front of me (he had his lights on and did that police car honk) this car behind me went zipping around a just missed slamming into the cop :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!: Boy was he pissed!! I am so glad I was not that woman his gestures alone scared me. :shocker!: But...The ski area has this weird entrance that comes up fast so I'm guessing someone was following too close and then someone turned to quickly. Any hoozit.. the postponed the race for 15 minutes. So now I'm really not into it..but I thought it was considerate that they delayed for those stuck in the accident back up.

I could not find my pace, could not breath evenly, my feet hurt in the shoes I was wearing. My sports bra (since surgery none fit right) was pinching me MEH : pbbt: But I got through it, not a great time, but not terrible either 33:41. When you finish you have to turn in your bib (they reuse them every week you get the same number if you sign up for the series or are regular). When I turned in my bib the woman who always seems to know me (need to find out her name) and is always talking to me asks "why didn't you sign up for the series?" Instead of telling her my long boring poor me story, I hate it when people are always playing the cancer card, so I just said "long story, wasn't sure I'd make all of them" she says well I'm getting you a shirt next week you are always here! So sweet! When I check in they always think I'm a series runner. :laugh::laugh:

All in all not a bad night...
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-19 6:11 AM
Deb,

It makes me so happy to read your posts.  I admire your strength and perseverance.  Keep putting one foot in front of the other.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-19 4:45 PM
Thanks! I'm sorry I can't remember who you are. :shocker!::blush: Thanks for the encouragement.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-19 6:45 AM
this is a good read despite it being a not so perfect run.    Don't you wonder why some days are like that?  I mean the days when the gear that worked last time won't this time. Why your favorite socks are bunching up.  Or why your lungs and legs have stopped listening to your brain.    I suppose it is so we will go out and try it again because we know what a good run feels like.

Fun that the bib lady remembers you each time.  And your time wasn't terrible at all.:happy:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-19 4:44 PM
Thanks Dawn. I do wonder all the time. I think you need those to appreciate the good ones. My lungs definitely were not listening to my brain. :shocker!::laugh: the run was too bad, so far my best time is 32:54, so I wasn't too far off. My watch said I was doing 9 min miles at one point. Now if I could only maintain that. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I love the bib lady she is so sweet. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday 7/18/18