Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday 17-Jul-2108
- - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-17 7:36 AM
'Sup?
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-17 7:38 AM
20 minutes on ET last night in deference to the heat/humidity. Probably the same tonight.

Guess I'm in the summer doldrums. Not much going on.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-17 8:40 AM
Yea you started the daily! 

I just returned from a hot and humid power walk.  We at least have a slight breeze which helped immensely.  We have that Saharan desert dirt upon us and the skies look hazy.  I feel for those that have breathing issues.

Nothing much happening over here.

Enjoy your day and stay cool!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-17 9:34 AM
Summer doldrums here too Mark.  Thanks for the daily.

We received a couple inches of rain over the weekend so the grass needs to be mowed.  I was kind of getting used to this drought thing and hoping to put away the mower for the season.  Kidding.

I've got a bunch of odds and ends to tend to today so I think my workout takes a back seat.  Hoping to run tomorrow, early.

Got a notification that school registration begins today.  Hmm...suppose I should take my name off that list at the elementary school.....:laugh:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-17 12:45 PM
That's a loaded question.

I tried to run this morning but it was too hot 89° feels like 93°, and my knee was acting up, so I went to the gym and did some pool running. The trainer said my knee is acting up because of overuse. Sheesh I can't go much slower than I am. The other trainer said a storm was coming, so be prepared to exit the pool. I finished my workout, came home and the sky opened up. :shocker!: Hopefully this will lower the humidity.

I called my ortho -- can't get an appointment until August 28th. My soon to be ex-DIL is playing games with me, which is pushing my son's buttons. My daughter needs neck surgery. Chris may need shoulder surgery. :roll: I'm trying to introduce cats and one day they are perfect the next they are screeching and hissing and causing all sorts of havoc....Meh does it ever end?

How's that? :wink:
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-17 12:56 PM
sounds like the opposite of "doldrums" :laugh:

Hoping for some humidity busting rain here as well.

We have two 12 year old male cats that hae been together since very young kittens. They still hiss and spit at each other on occasion. Mostly when there is only one of us with a lap. Sharing a lap can be done, but is fraught with difficult negotiations.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-17 1:47 PM
When they get combative I keep the new kitty in the music room and usually I sleep with her so she doesn't think it's punishment or isolated. Last night I was too tired so Chris tried sleeping with her, he said all the did was wail so he let her out and she ran to the bedroom door and wailed. Chris said "I guess I'm not good enough" who says cats don't have personality?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-17 1:13 PM
I sent you lower humidity but all the delivery services are tied up with Amazon Prime packages.:wink:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-17 1:48 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: thanks Dawn I am starting to feel it....
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-17 3:34 PM
Where is everyone?  Hiding from the heat?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-17 5:30 PM Edited 2018-07-17 5:34 PM
Drove 5 hours to Maumee Ohio with the kid, had lunch at Wendy's with Annabelle and the northern grandparents, and drove 5 hours home alone.

Back to full time work tomorrow. I'm going too miss working half days.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday 17-Jul-2108