Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Mamma Mia Monday, 16 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-16 8:20 AM
Are you ready to see "Mamma Mia Here We Go Again";  I am.

So what are you doing today?  Anything interesting?   Another day/week, to make a better version of yourself!  Unless you are Diego - how can he improve perfection?

Post away...
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-16 9:39 AM
I'm sorry, I am not at all ready to see Mamma Mia.   I confess as to not having a clue.

Ran in the stinking summer humidity.   I ran inside out.   When I got home Lynda looks at me and says your shirt is inside out.  "Do you do that so that seams don't rub against you?"   So that's why all the other runners and walkers looked at me.

Packing my pack for the big trip.   Train to BWI airport in Baltimore.  Takeoff over Bowie.   Fly to Asheville.  Arrive 10 PM, then back to board at 6AM tomorrow w/ Josiah to fly to Newark, NJ, train to New York City.   Sight see  midtown Manhattan (Times Square, Empire State Bldg, get NY Pizza for lunch and train back to DE.   A full 24 hrs.

Saw Johnny Cash Concert last night.  This guy does a great job.   Folsom Prison, One Piece at a Time, Ring of Fire, Walk the Line and all of your other favorites.  Wawa Hoagies for concert food.  It's Hoagie Fest time a Wawa.  Mmmmmmm.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-16 9:46 AM
I took the day off work today because I was planning to drive Annabelle up to Michigan to spend time with her northern grandparents. I would then drive home tomorrow. But they decided to meet me in the Toledo area tomorrow at 1:00, so I'll drive up there tomorrow, hand her off, and drive back home..

Since I already asked for the day off I decided to take it. I went to the gym this morning. Walked 10 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes of weights, and then 30 minutes on the ARC trainer.

Rest of the day will be getting Annabelle ready for trip and doing whatever else she wants to do.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-16 10:18 AM
I have done my power walk and now am showered and ready to go to the grocery store.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-16 10:37 AM
Hi guys, just waiting for the humidity to blow out of here.  

weather.com says we have 100% humidity but no rain.  I didn't know that was possible.  Learn something new every day.

Quick day at Happy Tails, stopped by the library for an armload of books on the way home.  Yoga to follow.

We watched Mama Mia after Lisa got dumped by a high school boyfriend.  It did keep her from crying, but we will always associate that movie with that horrible night.  I don't think I can tempt the fates by watching the next one.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-16 12:50 PM
Can't believe I am the only Mamma Mia fan.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-16 12:54 PM
My wife likes Mamma Mia. I like most of Abba's music, but the actual musical is pretty gag inducing. But then I'm not much of a fan of musicals in general.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-16 1:07 PM
Yea!  Is she planning to see the movie this weekend?  I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will be shown at our local theatre.  This way, I can go alone if need be.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-19 7:42 PM
I never watched it until tonight. Netflix recommended it (the first one I guess?) so I had to check it out, you know when more than one person recommends something kind of thing...it was fun. A tad silly, but a fun movie. But Meryl Streep and Christine Baranski are my girl crushes. :blush: I'm not usually into musicals, but this was fun...thanks for posting.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-16 12:51 PM
Howdy fine folks.

I see a light at the end of the tunnel. there is still the chance that it is either the on-coming train or the fireball from a nuclear holocaust. But both of those would be a quick out, so its all good.

Think I'll do a turn on the elliptical tonight.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Mamma Mia Monday, 16 Jul 2018