Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sultry Sunday - 7/15
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-15 6:36 AM
Another hot and humid day out there. I am trying to remind myself to be thankful for AC in my house & car.

What's Up?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-15 6:48 AM
I woke up feeling pretty darn good for a change, so I fixed the kid an Eggo waffle, and headed out for a short 2-miler around the neighborhood.

Annabelle didn't sleep very good last night but she has just crashed on the couch with her phone in her hand watching YouTube videos. I took the phone out of her hand and turned it off.  Cindy is upstairs with a sore throat so we'll skip church today. I am supposed to bring donuts and I have already ordered and paid for them. In a few minutes, I'll pick them up and deliver them to the church.

Annabelle and I went swimming last night after the sun got low in the sky. It felt great. There was a tiny sliver of a moon and a bright Venus in the western sky.  Tonight, those two will be back but they will be right next to each other. I hope it is another clear sky tonight so I can see it.  Hopefully while floating in the pool again.

When my stomach started giving me some serious problems a couple weeks ago, I cut out coffee, beer, and most the junk & fried food. As I mentioned back then, I think I had inflammation of the stomach (gastritis). I have been drinking tea instead of coffee, but I think I may add back a bit of coffee and see how it goes. I miss coffee.  But I don't miss the beer. I don't think I'll get anymore. I feel better and sleep better without it.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-15 8:46 AM
Have you ever tried cold brew?  I am too impatient because it takes 24 hours to brew, but it is supposed to be less acidic than coffee made with heated water.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-15 5:14 PM
I eat yogurt just about every day and my stomach feels much better.  I buy the plain one and top it with fruit and toasted almonds.  I've been doing this for about a year and 1/2 and my husband thought it was in my head.  Well he started eating yogurt also and guess what?  His stomach feels much better also.  I allow myself 2 drinks a week and usually it's on a Friday.   Fried foods and junk foods -- don't eat those very often.  I drink coffee every day and so does my husband.

Do whatever works best for you.  :hug:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-16 5:37 AM
If you eat a lot of dairy it will use inflammation in the body. Dairy is so bad for your body all forms of it. When I cut out all animal products my body felt so much lighter. Then I read about dairy and :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!: whenever I eat anything with dairy I can tell right away. I use to chow down in yogurt  daily and oh guess what ended up with cancer....
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-15 8:51 AM
my husband and I had a similar discussion this morning about being thankful for AC.  I am so tired of hearing it run, but I am glad we have it.  Kind of like summer; I don't really dislike summer but I am so tired of the heat and humidity!

I ended up with a really great 3.5 mile run yesterday.  I had intended a rest day but it was overcast with some off and on sprinkles of rain.  Really nice.   Today should be the last humid one for awhile.  I'm looking forward to Monday.  Still, I want to spend some time outside today and the weeds are just begging to be pulled....  Guess I better get after them.
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2018-07-15 5:09 PM
Just passing through folks when I read your post Dave. I cut back on coffee and feel better for it. Beer, I pretty much drink non-alcoholic and an occasional real one. I feel better for that also.
Heat and humidity? Well, we live with that and just deal with it. Some days it's hotter in our former home, Philly, than it is here though.
Out AC runs 365 days a year, 24/7. Good thing electric is very inexpensive here.
Have a good evening, be well and run safe.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-15 5:17 PM
At this point, we realize that summer won't last forever.  The grass really enjoyed the rains from last week and it is now nice and green.  I too am thankful for a/c.  Growing up we did not have it and somehow we managed to survive.

I plan to go out for a walk later this evening.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-15 8:05 PM
Just returned from a bike ride in the neighborhood and then I took a mile walk.

Did you guys realize today is National Ice Cream Day?  Did you partake?
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sultry Sunday - 7/15