Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, In the Park 7/14
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-14 6:19 AM
I like the band Chicago, but not that song so much.  I woke up with it stuck in my head.  Probably be there all day.  Yesterday it was Boogie On Reggae Woman.  Early signs of dementia?

Anyway, it's Saturday. Go to the Park. Work out. Help someone.  Drink coffee.  The options are endless.........
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-14 6:22 AM
If you 'see' Deb today, wish her a happy birthday.

Lee is on a Habitat for Humanity build.  Misha and I are undecided.  We got some drought-ending rain last night so I need to survey the yard and do some cleanup.  Lots of wind along with the rain so I expect a branch or 2.

Awesome yoga yesterday.  Hoping for some cycling today or maybe just a rest day.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-14 6:23 AM
Happy Birthday Deb!
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-15 7:36 AM
:hug::hug:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-15 7:36 AM
Aww thank you Dawn.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-15 8:58 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-14 6:22 AM
Good morning!

And thank you for starting us off today.  We've been watching the Netflix series "Narcos" and the theme song has been playing in our heads.  So last night we downloaded it from iTunes.

Not going to the park, but I am drinking coffee and will be helping someone today.  Jerry and I are both helping serve food at the Holy Spirit retreat today. 

Have a good day all.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-14 7:35 AM
The description of "Narcos" looks interesting.  I'll probably check it out.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-14 1:40 PM
I couldn't believe how violent the narcos were in Columbia.   From the series, the country looks beautiful.  I just don't know how safe it is today.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-14 7:18 AM
Got a text at 5:30 that our morning book study was canceled this week. (I actually saw the text at 6:30 when I woke up. I don't keep my phone on at night.) I decided I needed to sweat, so I went to the park and ran 2.57 miles. My running feels so bad and I am so slow that it worries me that something is wrong. I'd talk to my doctor but then I worry about a bunch of needless tests being ordered. My plan for now is keep the running secondary and work on diet and overall fitness. I have a regular check-up next month where I'll express my concerns.

Seems kind of common for me to have a horrible July when it comes to running, and I usually get worried about how horrible it is. 

We took the kid to see Hotel Transylvania 3 last night. It was fun, but I think the first movie was the best of the 3.

We've been watching some baking shows, particularly, one called "Nailed It" on Netflix. On that show, they have 3 people competing but they are not experienced cooks and they have to make extravagant stuff.  It's pretty funny.  Annabelle wanted to bake a cake, so we got a cake mix but made her follow all the directions and do it.  (On the show they make the stuff from scratch.)  She had fun and the cake turned out good  Devil's Food chocolate cake with chocolate icing of course.

Not sure what the kid will want to do today.  I'm just going to read until she wakes up.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-14 7:55 AM
Baking with Annabelle sounds fun.  It's really all math and science when you break it down.  Good for you continuing her education over the summer.

I hear you about July running.  It's just a bad month all the way around.  Maybe when you take the kid back to MI you can look up an old favorite running route and get back in the groove.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-14 2:56 PM
I ran 3.3 miles in the park today - does that count? First run since Monday. It felt nice. The weather was great. Upper 60's low humidity.

The youngest prodigal child can home from camp this morning, so we are going to kill the fatted frankfurter and grill over the fire pit. S'mores as well, of course.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-15 7:42 AM
Yeah I've never been much of a fan of that song either. I wake up with Monday, Monday in my head on Monday a lot not sure why. My sister use to sing it a lot.

Did my birthday run, not my usual birthday run, but the Global 5k Asics had going. I managed 10:30 min/miles I did have to walk one hill,  so yay me!! My daughter text me HB asking if I ran 58 minutes. Not there yet. :sad:

Then I drank coffee.

Helped Chris with the out of control garden I can't seem to get ahead of.

Then I did yoga. For some reason it felt much harder than usual.

Had dinner at my favorite vegan restaurant.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-15 9:00 AM
Sounds like a pretty good day.  What did you have for dinner?  You know I'm all about the food....
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-07-16 5:33 AM
Butternut Squash Polenta with mushroom ragout and asparagus. It was yummy. I love their food. And vegan chocolate cake for dessert. Chris had to eat most of that because it was too sweet and rich for me.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-16 6:34 AM
omg!  butternut squash anything.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, In the Park 7/14