Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 13 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-13 6:31 AM
It's Friday the 13th!  Are you superstitious?

Post away...
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-13 6:58 AM
You missed it. Today is National Fry Day the 13th  Yes folks today if you are lucky and that black cat doesn't cross your path, run or walk under a ladder over to the window with the broken mirror behind it, you can indulge in a big helping of Fry Day French Fries.   You can even count on Curly Fries.  Today is National French Fry Day.  Even Dunkin Donuts is celebrating with free Donut Fries at select locations.   Mmmmm Donut Fries.  :shocker!:

Rate my run today a 5, average.  Nothing remarkable except it is a beautiful July morning and I am still able to run, even if it is too slow, too weak.

Lynda is departing momentarily for Shippensburg, PA and a women's retreat. Me and the cats holding down the fort.  Getting ready for grandson Josiah's arrival next week.

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-13 7:07 AM
I can't wait till Dunkin Donuts opens its doors in my town!  Construction is underway so it should be soon.

I will admit that McDonald's fries are pretty tasty.

May Lynda and her fellow ladies have a good time.  Good luck holding down the fort with those cats as helpers.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-13 7:20 AM
Taking the day off here. Got an early start at work, then I took a short break to get an oil change (for our car). I've got 2 trips to Michigan and 1 to Florida coming up in the next few weeks so I figured I'd get it done now.  It was due anyway.

Just a half day of work today and then off until next Wednesday.

The kid woke up yesterday, threw up, sneezed about 50 times, was completely stuffed up, and complained that her ear hurt. :roll:  After a while I got her some children's Zrytec (after checking with her mom).  That helped her breath again and her ear pain went away.  It's fun to have her around, but it reminds me that I am happy I don't have young kids anymore.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-13 8:20 AM
Hi everyone.  I'll continue my broken record about hot weather and not running enough.  Its another scorcher.  Lee ran with a group of friends after work last night when it was down around 95 degrees.  I had thoughts of taking him to the ER when he finished.  dehydrated, delirious.  Nothing a half gallon of water and a nap didn't cure but still....

Take it easy in the heat; come hang out in the A/C with the Wild Siberian and I.:wink:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-13 12:22 PM
Please don't send us that used weather.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-13 12:31 PM
You guys are so funny!  Sounds like us when we complain about the cold.  But of course, our cold weather is nothing like yours.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-13 12:45 PM
current heat index is 106 in the shade.  The say add 10-15 degrees if you are in the sun.:shocker!:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-13 1:46 PM
our temp is 94 degrees, relative humidity is 47% and the internet tells me the heat index would be 101 degrees.
Parent - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-13 11:28 AM
Well, this week hasn't gone according to plan.

With both girls gone, I thought I'd get to relax, get some good runs in, spend some extra quality time with my bass, keep up-to-date with the Tour de France.

But, none of the above. I haven't run since Monday, I've only seen a few minutes of TdF, etc. Work really blew up in my face.

Such is life.

Have a date tonight with my wife and very little planned for this weekend. So, maybe I can get reset.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-13 1:58 PM
I did not sleep well last night for some reason.  Crawled out of bed at 6:30 way late for me even during the summer.  I went out and ran 5 miles.  We have had a small break from the oppressive heat for the past two days.  That Illinois heat makes its way to us tomorrow.

My school is having a Summer Bash tomorrow.  PTO fundraiser.  Bounce house, games, arts and crafts booths.  I'll be there.

I'm not superstitious.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 13 Jul 2018