Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 12 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-12 8:10 AM
Good morning!

Did everyone overdose on those free Slurpees?  What are you doing today?

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-12 9:23 AM
I wasn't going to run for a week or two, but Annabelle hasn't wanted to do much, and I was feeling better, so I went out for 3.4 miles this morning.  Average run I would say.

When we take the kid back to Florida at the beginning of August, it looks like we'll be taking her to a new house in Navarre.  Closing is on 7/31 and new jobs start soon after.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-12 9:32 AM
big changes.  I hope she likes her new school!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:32 AM
Glad you are feeling better!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-12 9:34 AM
Good morning all.  Dog is walked, errands are done.  Got a new book at the library.  Puttered around the yard.  Housebound for the rest of the day.

Had a surprisingly good run yesterday.  looking forward to my yoga stretches to feel even better today.:happy:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:32 AM
Oh what book are you reading?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:50 AM
I finished "What She Knew" by Gilly Macmillan and thought it was pretty darn good.   So I picked up "The Perfect Girl" by her as well.  Reviews are mixed but lean toward it not being as good as What She Knew. 

I'm on the waiting list for "Day of the Dead" which is the final installment in a suspense series by Nicci French.  I've enjoyed the 7 books leading up to it so I'm pretty excited.  It doesn't publish until the end of this month so I'm hoping to borrow it by the end of September or so.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:31 AM
I was up early this morning.  Joined a friend for 6:15 Mass and then we went for a 4.0 walk through town and the trail.  It was nice and cool plus we saw some of our fellow parishioners walking also.  The girls track team was out running also.

My husband mowed the front yard and he will be golfing with his buddy this evening.

That's it from here.

Enjoy your afternoon.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:52 AM
I love seeing the high school teams out in the morning.  Yesterday it was the boys.  Today the girls.:happy:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-12 2:33 PM
At first I thought that was Diego posting about love seeing the boys track team out.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-12 2:44 PM
I've been working hard on my Diego impressions.  Glad to know I've been successful.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-12 2:34 PM
How do you get grass to grow?   I haven't cut grass in a month.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:44 AM
I walked outside to significantly less humidity this morning.  That makes a big difference when running.  Ran 8.

This morning I met up with a few local pastors at a local Burger King.  There is always someone new there each Thursday when we meet.  Just an informal time of fellowship. 

I may cut the grass later.  Or I might cut it tomorrow.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:52 AM
I'm not cutting the grass until it rains again.  Could be another week and that's fine by me.  I like your Burger King morning.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-12 2:43 PM Edited 2018-07-12 2:46 PM
I had an awesome morning on the clothing drive.  Yeah I hoisted a few hundred pounds of clothing bags.  But I had a hugely inspiring talk with a lady pastor.  Her church is the sidewalk where she hands out clothing to so many poor and troubled people.  It's in one of the roughest parts of the city (Wilmington).  I just felt the love as I unloaded clothing bags from the truck and listened to her.   So inspiring at what she does with no fancy church building or staff. 

Last grass cutting....June 16.   May not do it the rest of July.  It's turning into Capt Crunch.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-12 2:45 PM
:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-12 4:44 PM
Tom, we cut our grass about every 10 days.  I usually do the front and my husband does the back and sides.  But today he surprised me; I was returning from my morning walk and he was mowing the front yard.  Dang, just think of the steps that I missed accumulating. 

If you lived near, I would have a lot of clothes to give you.  Our local donation place is not accepting any as they are inundated with clothing donations.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-12 4:41 PM
Did you hear about the Build-a-Bear chaos?  I hope none of you were out there trying to get bear.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 12 Jul 2018