Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Are Right Here
- - By judyruns Date 2018-07-12 5:00 AM
Post when you wish. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-07-12 5:04 AM
Wednesday was a doe again, this time twice. Maybe she wants a running buddy? :laugh: I did 35 minutes running out the trail. I tried doing more shady areas and it helped. It’s so much easier to breathe when it’s cooler and less humid.
Errands after.
Another run out the trail today.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-12 5:12 AM
I am guessing you are running in the doe's neighborhood which is why you keep crossing paths. I swear I see the same Cardinal fly by when I run though this one section of my usual running route.

Have an enjoyable run on the trail.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-12 9:03 AM
We have that same thing. The red wings have their own neighborhoods out the trail.
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-07-12 6:47 AM
I believe your new running buddy could outrun you if she wanted to. :laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-12 9:00 AM
I'm sure she could! I've watched a male coyote chase does and they just lope along, easily outrunning him.
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-12 5:24 AM
I ran 2 (and did my weights) Monday early. We celebrated my parents 60 anniversary at a nice restaurant. DD and her cousins were able to be there. I got a spray tan and a pedicure. Good times!

Tuesday I slogged out 4 in my neighborhood.

Wednesday I managed 3.5 with the Weds. night group in the oppressive almost 100 degree heat. Thank goodness it was only 3.5 but a decent run.

Today I SDO.

Our local chapter of a larger metro wide running group has broken off and started it's own group. Not sure how it's going to work out, but the big group pulled some type of power play and removed our leader's admin privilege on the local group Facebook page. When she questioned them on it, they were very evasive and refused to put her back on.  I have not heard the larger group's board members' version of the story, but the leader of our local group is a good friend of mine so I really don't have a choice but to go with the new group. I plan to maintain my membership in the larger group, but do most of my running with the (new) local group. I liked it the way it was, but it sounds like things have changed.:meh: It's just running people!!!!:cry:
Parent - By swandive Date 2018-07-12 6:47 AM
Geez, running ought to be an escape from drama, not a way to add more of it to your life!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-12 9:07 AM
Great workouts on your part. :happy:
Politics in running? Yeah, one running group did that to another one. I've even had one person do that kind of thing. Geeze! :meh:
Parent - - By swandive Date 2018-07-12 6:45 AM
Woke up too early thanks to a screaming child, then couldn't get back to sleep because I was thinking about all the stuff I need to get done. :roll:  I did get my run in, though.  5.4 sweaty miles.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-07-12 8:34 AM
I am glad that screaming and thinking did not keep you from running!:laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-07-12 9:08 AM
Great work on the 5.4 miler. At least you could escape more potential screaming. :laugh:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:42 AM
Glad you got the run done. I'm envious, sweaty conditions and all.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-07-12 11:41 AM Edited 2018-07-12 11:57 AM
Heading out to walk for a few miles. The legs are all aligned and working the way they should, and so I have been trying to walk or bike daily. I have also been doing leg workouts at the gym and using the stair climber to rebuild strength. So far, so good.

Also, in addition to working out more or less daily, T-Bone and I are both trying to lose a few pounds and we are trying a lower-carb approach to meals. It seems to be working, and I am finding I am enjoying the challenge of tweaking our menus.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies Are Right Here