Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday 7/11 - Free Slurpee?
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:31 AM
Do we get free Slurpees today at 7/11?

When is the last, if ever, that you had a Slurpee?

What's Up?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:39 AM
I haven't had a Slurpee since I was a kid, at least that I remember.  I'd ride my bike with some friends to the corner 7/11 and we would all get Slurpees. We'd sit outside and drink them fast to get a brain freeze and then we would howl in pain.  Ah, the good old days.

Today I am just trying to get in my 4 hours of work so I can then be lazy all day. Annabelle likes to keep herself entertained a lot more this year so I have been spending some of my time reading.  I finally got back to a book series by Daniel Silva about an Israel spy, Gabriel Allon.  I had got through book 11 in the series but that was almost 2 years ago.  I read book 12 this week.  I think I already have 13 & 14 purchased on my Kindle.  I'm not sure how far it goes, but the main character is running out of ways to save the world, so it can't be too much longer.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:45 AM
No 7-11's by me thus no free Slurpee. But really I don't remember having one in a long time, heck maybe never.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:11 AM
When Lee and I were dating we would get a nasty 7-11 burrito on the way home from closing the bars.  Seemed to ward of hang overs.  Were they really the good old days?:laugh:  I've not had a Slurpee but put me down for a lemon lime Mr. Misty at Dairy Queen.

I saw just about a dozen runners this morning while walking Misha.  It's a warm but low humidity morning so I need to get out there myself.  Didn't sleep worth a darn so I'm going to shorten my planned route.  Hoping to keep up some consistent running.  Seems I've promised to do a winter trail run series.  5, 10, 15, and working up to 20 k on the first Saturday of each month December thru March.  I am such a long way from even a 10k right now.....
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-11 10:32 AM
Doing end of quarter and end of fiscal year processing at work. Bleh.

No run today.

Its been college, I think, since I've had a slurpee. Cherry was the usual flavor of choice.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:09 PM
Double yuck -- end of quarter and end of fiscal year.  I used to work for a company that had a July fiscal year end.  I could always count on spending the month of August inside.  Plus we had international subsidiaries and you know what Europe does in August -- they take "holiday" for the whole month.  We had to be sure and get what we needed before they all left.

Hope the processing all goes well.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:28 PM
I stopped at 7-11 and received a free coffee, did not want a slurpee and he okay your coffee is free!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:11 PM
Ran errands and my baby brother came and had dinner with us.  It was a nice change of pace.

Just returned from a bike ride through the neighborhood.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  The neighborhood is so quiet.  People on vacation or up north in their summer homes.

Hope you were able to score a freebie at 7/11!  Either a Slurpee or coffee like Rungear.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday 7/11 - Free Slurpee?