Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Worldly Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-11 5:45 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-11 5:57 AM
--Friday should be interesting. The release of baby Trump and an all out effort to bring Green Day’s “American Idiot” to the top of the charts in the UK. :laugh:

--Cut my middle finger on a cat food can. The cut is in a terrible place. So annoying.

--Got my mileage re-submitted yesterday. Supervisor could not figure out any reason it did not go through. She didn’t make any changes, just sent it back in and it got approved. Mileage is probably the most tedious, pita thing I have to do with this job.

--Did learn about SNAP yesterday. We have to be available 4 hours/week (hopefully that is going to be dropping down to 2 hours) to assist with filling out applications for food stamp benefits. :roll: I’m going to try to partner with the WIC office to do that.

--Found out that we won’t be doing our physical training certification during out campus orientation. They’re going to put that off until Spring when they have more time to dedicate to it and when there will likely be a larger group. That kind of sucks because I can’t teach the physical activity component to my adult groups until I have that. :meh:

--Iowa has received about 10-12 calls from people wanting hay and lots of it. People are scared they won’t be able to get any and then you have those that have some and are hoarding it and will gouge people later.

--We got 1” rain at our place. :cool: It was a very isolated rain shower. Glad we made that cut. : pbbt: All of our orchard grass and alfalfa are here so that was good for those crops.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:09 AM
You got rain???? Lucky!

Only good thing is my yard is DYING. No more mowing :grin:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-11 6:27 AM
I had a job where I had to submit mileage, it was a royal pita.  I feel for you there.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:46 AM
Probably to make sure your finger heals to its best ability it should be splinted straight up:evil:

But mileage adds up :cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:49 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-11 8:32 AM
Release of Baby Trump? I'm not sure I even want to know what that is

There are apps for mileage tracking you could use. I'm pretty sure that is what our sales team uses since some of them travel a lot. The downside is I don't know how much data it would use while running. I am guessing similar to what you would use if you're using your maps for directions.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:58 PM
It’s not the issue with keeping track of the miles. It’s putting the miles into this special form that we have to use. It requires not only your starting and ending locations (names of the agencies, offices, etc.) but also the address to those. The address has to be EXACTLY as written on your agency site list. If we don’t start/end from our base office we have to explain why and code it properly...something to the effect of “agency was in opposite direction from office”. Then if you’re carpooling you have to make special notes for that. Usually that involves driving somewhere to meet the carpool so you have the miles to report for that then you have to do the carpool part. Oh yea, and then there is the RT and one way section you have to indicate. It’s tedious as hell. Oh yea, then your travel has to match your calendar (schedule) EXACTLY or it’s denied.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:01 AM
I picked a loser yesterday. Ugh Dammit France! But today I'd be happy with either team winning. Though it would be nice to see England win the WC. Especially by kicking France's asses! Whoever can beat France is now my favorite.

Spent last night cleaning out papers. And drinking wine. And trying to figure out what time i have to get up to run my 8m run in the coolest weather possible (otherwise would go at night) and be home in time to watch the 3rd place game Saturday at 10 am. Sadly, running 8 miles = at least 2 hrs of running. Which means I'll want to leave the house at 7 to run 730 to 930 and be home by 10. Now to talk my mom into it.

I'm really going to miss having my run buddy with me at Christmas in July. But at least I won't be out there alone. I haven't done a lone run in a couple months. And with my mom I am competitive and I whine less:blush: #IWantMyMommy :laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:11 AM
There will be LOTS of people around next weekend when you run.

And Christmas music!  :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:34 AM
Thank goodness for headphones. You can't really play 12 hours of Christmas music can you? :shocker!:

Lots of people when I crash and burn and walk across the track and not even finish the lap:blush::blush::cry::cry: Though I like the guy on FB's idea, go home for a shower and come back and run more.

How many people are running the 6?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:44 AM
Right now it looks like 7 in the 6 hour
13 in the 12 hour
and 3-4 relays

A little lighter than we had hoped but not horrible
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:03 PM
Minus one loser in the 12 hour race. :blush:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-12 5:10 AM
That makes me sad :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-12 6:12 AM
:cry:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-11 6:40 AM
Will there be breaks in the Christmas music - occasionally?  pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayyes  I love Christmas music, but not sure how I'll feel about it when I'm drenched in sweat and it's 3 in the morning...
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:44 AM
Hahahaha probably. Since I haven't even figured out the music yet.

Or the decorations.

And I kind of wanted to show a Christmas movie at some point....

Lots to do in a week
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:47 AM
Please just not A Christmas Story.............I guess I'd finally actually see the whole thing. Talk about torture.: pbbt:

A version of the Grinch would be awesome!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:50 AM
I despise A Christmas Story

If I can figure out a projector I may get a DVD of all the old TV specials: Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Frosty
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-11 7:33 AM
Those would be awesome!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-11 7:35 AM
Hey if I want to ask you questions about the race logistics, do you have a preference where?  Thinking if I ask on your running Facebook site others might get the same questions answered?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:04 AM
Ya the FB event would be awesome.

Hope to send an email tomorrow or Friday too.

But ask away!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-11 10:23 AM
Or i could just read the race page and get my question answered.  :blush:  (about tents)
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:45 AM
Yup! That would be great!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-11 6:28 AM
I wanted Belgium to win as well.  :sad:  I don't have anything against France, but I love a good underdog story.  :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:48 AM
Which is why I'd love to see Croatia win
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-11 8:33 AM
Vive le France!! : pbbt:

I thought your mom was going?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:45 AM
LOLno.

She was like, track for more than one lap????? Nope.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:08 AM
~Feeling a bit overwhelmed with the timing business right now. Add to that Race Directing 2 events in the next month and S and I are getting frazzled

~Gonna be hot AF today. Timing a 5K at 7pm. Which means I get to set up everything at about 4:00.  It'll be 98 with heat index 103. Neat.

~Maybe have time to clean the mud off all our equipment as I set it up today hahaha

~The TV I thought died in the storm came back to life yesterday. It's been drying out for a few days. It fired right up yesterday.

~I've been drinking so much water lately I. Can't. Stop. Peeing.

~Legs are killing me today. Jesus I can barely handle running 2 days in a row
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:10 AM
I have a little bit of your frazzleness going on too. :meh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:12 AM
Yeah sounds like it with the new job
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-11 6:29 AM
Yay for the tv coming back to life.  :grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-11 8:34 AM
You need a timing intern!

Glad the TV fired back up, that's a relief
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-07-11 6:26 AM
*This weather is pretty crappy for running, but it's great for kayaking.  :laugh:  And it's fair week here, so it's really great for kayaking because everyone is at the fair so there's been very few boats on the lake.  :grin:

*I am just not sleeping lately.  :cry:  The last good night of sleep I got was on Friday night.  I got a couple hours Monday night.  But other than that, it's a lot of time lying there awake.  :cry:

*With everyone on different schedules, I make dinner, and people heat it up and eat when they get off work.  Every night I have to tell Jonathan not to eat all the food, to leave some for his sister to heat up when she gets home at 10.  Every day I have to tell him that.  Everyday he is surprised by it.  Dude, don't eat all the food!  :mutmad:

*I think I may have to give up coffee.  :cry:  There are no words for how sad this makes me.  I feel like i'll be down to surviving on water, noodles and potatoes at the rate I'm going.  :meh::roll:

*Anthony texted yesterday, he's coming home for the family picnic/my birthday weekend.  :grin::grin::grin:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-07-11 6:32 AM
That's great Anthony is coming home for your bday! :hug::hug::hug:

I feel like I should get yelled at for eating all the food too :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-07-11 8:35 AM
Oh Jonathan, I guess the boys never grow out of that huh

That's exciting for Anthony's visit!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Worldly Wednesday RTTs