Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / New shoes Wednesday dailiesi b
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-07-11 5:32 AM
I wore my Saucony Ride 10s for the first time today. I really like them. 5.2 miles.
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2018-07-11 5:58 AM
I met a bunch of friends for a 5:30am workout before work. It went a something like this:

2-ish mile warmup
6x 0.8 miles at cruise interval pace (a bit faster than tempo pace) with 60-ish seconds recovery
2.5-ish mile cooldown

I lost my GPS so all distances are approximate based on time. Then I went to the gym and did some single leg squats and bulgarian split squats. Will probably do a vinyasa yoga class this afternoon.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-07-11 6:44 PM
How could you lose your gps? : pbbt: Regardless, running by feel instead of as a slave to a gps (or even watch) isn't a bad thing.
Parent - By george [us] Date 2018-07-12 8:34 AM
Took it camping and can't find it upon my return. It was a used older model Garmin so I'm not terribly upset although it makes it harder for me to track my mileage since I only get around to updating my log every few days and I tend to forget how far my run of 47:21 was from three days ago.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-07-11 7:22 AM
I have 3 pairs of trail shoes in the rotation, but my Altra Timps are showing some wear in the uppers, and that is current favorite shoe, so I might hit the LRS today at lunch and pick up a fresh pair.

Decent run last night on the trails on the easier side of the lake. Sort of warm, about 90 plus or minus a degree, but sort of a normal summer feel and not oppressive like last week. I did my normal 7 mile evening loop. Last week the heat crushed me and I cut that loop short, but felt pretty good last night. Saw 1 other runner, 2 sets of 2 mountain bikers, 1 deer, and 2 SUP's out on the lake.

Today? I might hit the local trail for 6 miles of loop de loops after work, or perhaps the cinder rail trail outside of town.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-07-11 6:45 PM
You will find this evening's run even more enjoyable than yesterday's. :happy:
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-07-11 11:00 AM
Do the Saucony’s come with a matching set of arm panties?
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-07-11 4:35 PM
WooHoo New Shoes! :grin:

Here it was 6 miles along and over the river and a couple trips around City Island in the middle of the river in old ready-to-retire shoes.
Parent - - By IB Date 2018-07-11 6:35 PM
Because of your thread title I pulled a 'new' pair of shoes out of the closet (I've owned them for a few years but have not yet run in them). My plan was to run during my lunch break. Then I decided to take an early break to watch the end of the Croatia / England match. I consumed four pints and might or might not run this evening. If I do, I will pull a different pair of new shoes from the closet. Not to let myself off the hook but I am definitely leaning more towards not running.
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-07-11 6:41 PM
I'm guessing you don't, and shouldn't. :wink: (Don't take that as a challenge.)
Parent - By IB Date 2018-07-11 6:54 PM
: pbbt:  (I won't.)
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-07-11 7:19 AM
45 min sunrise yoga class
I think we will take the boy on a bike ride later today. The girl is visiting her grandparents. :hug:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-11 9:10 AM
Was the yoga outside?
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-07-11 10:00 AM
No, my normal studio.. I just said sunrise because it was early :wink:
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:29 AM
walked almost 4 miles yesterday and did some squats and a very modified plank for 2 min. Yay for getting to do something, anything! It still felt like plenty :laugh: 27 wks tomorrow and the babe is mighty active! Saw some external movement for the first time yesterday (I mean I could see my belly moving) :hug:

Planning on a similar workout plan today - 4 miles and some body weight work, and a little easy prenatal yoga. Again, I keep reminding myself that I can and should stop any time anything feels hard.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-11 9:10 AM
:shocker!: What a powerful thing to be able to do..create another human :cool:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-07-11 10:01 AM
So awesome. I forget, are you finding out what you're having? Have you already?
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-07-11 11:46 AM
Nice work!  :cool:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-07-11 11:50 AM
That seems like a lot for someone who was just on modified bed rest.  Please take care of yourself.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:31 AM
I taught 6am spin class...to 4 people...again today.  :wtf: is everyone STILL away for the Independence Day/Month?

About to pour a nice large mug of coffee and get started on the results from last night's race.  If the bib stubs agree with the number of finishing times I clicked off (fingers crossed), we had 297 runners last night!  I've got some typing to do!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:41 AM
that's a great turnout for your race! :cool:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-11 9:08 AM
awesome!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-11 9:09 AM
Nice turnout!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-07-11 10:01 AM
Great turnout for your race!!

I guess people are just lazy. : pbbt:
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-07-11 11:46 AM
My spin instructor stops teaching in July and August because so many people are away it doesn't feel worth it to her.  Maybe you are encountering the same thing.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-07-11 1:11 PM
This is the 6th summer since the center opened and I've been with them the entire time.  It always slowed down in July & August but worse the past 2 years (summer & other seasons). We took a membership hit when a chain (Lifetime Athletic) opened a large upper scale facility nearby a couple of years ago.  Then the market became more saturated with a few other less expensive chains (LA Fitness, Edge, Evolve) and even a couple of single owner small cycling only/cycling & yoga studios.  Meanwhile, our bikes are >5-1/2 years old, don't display anything beyond RPMs, need regular maintenance and have been "showing their age" for a while now :SIGH:
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:44 AM
the bike ride home last yesterday was touch and go as to whether or not I was going to get soaked, but I missed the big cell and only got drizzled on. I was glad to have the gray skies and lower temps, though. tennis drills were cancelled, so I worked on last weeks NYT Sunday crossword.

3.50 miles w/ benji this morning. we saw 6 walkers, 4 runners, 2 doggos and 1 bunny.

brought my swimming gear with me and am planning on hitting the pool after work since I have a gym membership again.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-07-11 10:02 AM
Sending you a message!
Nice workout!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-07-11 11:47 AM
Lower temps are always a plus.  Nice you could get in some crossword time!
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:04 AM
I am trying to break in a new pair of Brooks Glycerin 15s, the same exact shoe I have been wearing for over a year I think, and my feet are killing me. Last night I went back to my old pair of the same exact shoe, and no problems at all. :wtf: I've put about 40 miles on the new shoes and they still don't feel like they are breaking in. Has anyone dealt with this before?

500 yards in the pool last night followed by 6.16 miles on the roads. Does it count as a brick if, after my swim, I got in the car, drove 35 minutes home, then chilled out for a half hour so the temperature could go down into the lower 90s before my run? : pbbt: The run sucked less than my other runs lately, which was good, but when I was walking my dog after the run I got lightheaded when I bent down to pick up his poop. :roll:

10 miles on the bike after work. We brought our bikes to work and will drive to the far end of the bike path for a change of scenery for today's ride. :happy:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-11 9:07 AM
That's strange about the shoes.

I've never really had shoes that need a break in period.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-07-11 11:48 AM
The closest experience I've had to what you describe involved a pair of cheap Pegasuses from Running Wearhouse or some such place.  I'd been wearing the Pegasus for years with no problems but this particular pair never felt right.  Eventually I donated them and bought myself a new pair.
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:10 AM
dailiesi b

I was typing with sweaty hands on my phone.:blush:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-07-11 6:47 PM
I didn't even notice, or at least didn't think anything of it. :laugh: But thanks for the explanation.
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-11 8:23 AM
9km...Molly and the gang :hug:....we had to slalom through the cows in both directions
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-11 9:08 AM
Did they say hi MOOOOOOOOkie?: pbbt:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-11 11:02 AM
That is quite good :hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-07-11 11:49 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-07-11 11:51 AM
:cry::laugh:
- By nooner [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:44 AM
8 miles before work.

It wasn’t quite so humid today so that helped.

I need to break out a new pair of shoes. I have been wearing an older pair of Wave Rider 19’s and both toes have huge rips in them so I look like a hobo. :laugh: I have a pair of the Ride 10’s and may give them a go. There are probably 6-8 different pairs of shoes in the closet so there are plenty of options.
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-11 9:14 AM
8ish last night. Stood under a tree for about 10 minutes about 1.5 miles in when a brief thunderstorm blew in (no lightning).. Then it was steam rising off the pavement the rest of the way. Hoping for something longer tonight. I will probably order some new trail shoes later today. Mine have tears on the sides.

Sign on the baptist church I drive past in the morning..

Where would you like to spend eternity?
Smoking or non-smoking

:wtf::laugh::roll::laugh:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-07-11 11:51 AM
Nice you could dodge the worst of the storm!
- By Tim [us] Date 2018-07-11 10:58 AM
:roll:

Just a little extra effort, Bread, and you’ll start much better Dailies. You’ve already got a topic. How about ASKING people about their shoes? How old is their current pair? Make/model? Favorite non-running shoe?
- By skigirl Date 2018-07-11 11:45 AM
I wear Hoka Claytons for road/trail running and Nike Pegasuses for TM running.

Regular Tuesday workout yesterday: strength and cardio.  Ran for ten minutes on the TM, then some strength stuff, ten minutes of attempting to skip rope, then some strength stuff, ten minutes on the stair climber, then some stretching.  Definitely feeling my legs today - even though I suck at skipping rope, it leaves my calves and feet feeling pretty worked-over. 

Today will be a trip to the gym for TM speedwork.
- - By SRoo Date 2018-07-11 11:49 AM
34 mile bicycle ride.  :happy: 

Agility school went well last night.  The doggo and I need to work on rear crosses.  This is when you have the dog on, say, your right side.  You send her over a jump and cross behind her so she ends up on your left side, turning toward the right.  The natural thing for her is to turn to the left after the jump because that is where she thinks you are supposed to be.  :laugh:  It's confusing.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-07-11 11:51 AM
It does sound confusing!  I would be tripping over the dog on a regular basis.  :cry:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-07-11 11:52 AM
I ran into her last night! :cry:
- By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2018-07-11 11:53 AM
3.5 steamy tempo miles at lunch.

I've had the Saucony Ride 9 and 10.  I've liked them but they seem oddly narrow in the forefoot for a Saucony.  So I size up and extra 1/2.  Other than that they're good, I tend to get about 400 miles out of them before the outsole is just gone.
- By sideshowbob Date 2018-07-11 8:32 PM
Today was Habitat Day for moi ; learned how to lay a laminated floor. Note to self : don’t quit your day job .:grin:

Later when the sun was setting a quick 3 Gallos with a best bud
- By mkh (Mr. Fashionista) Date 2018-07-12 7:48 AM
I have a pair of Ravenna 9 waiting for me at the store.
I lost count how many pairs of this shoe I've gotten. Been wearing them since the 2. They just work well for what I need and haven't had interest in switching out.
Have a pair of Hoka Arahi but honestly not a fan of them. Mostly use them for short 5-6 mile runs.

I did a 5 x 1000m work out last night and man it sucked.
- - By neustkg (Important) Date 2018-07-12 1:40 PM
N/U By neustkg (Important) Date 2018-07-12 1:39 PM
Just bought a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 19s for about $95 and shipping them to Oregon (will be there in 3 weeks and there is no sales tax there : pbbt:).  My Nike Zoom Vomeros that I really like now have a rip in the heel fabric.  I am going to try to repair them
Parent - By neustkg (Important) Date 2018-07-13 6:18 AM
Like this.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / New shoes Wednesday dailiesi b