Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Good news in the world Tuesdaily!
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 7:19 AM
All of the boys and the coach have been rescued from the flooded cave in Thailand! :grin::grin: What good news is going on on your world?

Plus your workout(s) for the day and anything else you want to share with us.
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 7:45 AM
Thanks for the news report! I did not know they were rescued until I read your post.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:20 AM
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :wtf:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:19 AM
No sarcasm.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:28 AM
:laugh: Thanks for clarifying. I was really confused since the story has been plastered on the news all morning. I guess you don't get the news out on your kayak. :wink:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:38 AM
I guess you don't get the news out on your kayak.

Yeah the kayak wifi was an expensive upgrade...
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:46 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2018-07-10 3:39 PM
That was outstanding news! :grin::hug::cool: Forget about other world and personal news good and bad...I'm just enjoying the wonderful end to an amazing story and the good kids and other peeps in the story for the time being. :happy::hug:

As for my workout, it was 5 extremely sweaty miles at lunchtime along the river at lunchtime in temps about 90F but with humidity not as bad as the last heat dome. :happy:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:55 AM
I'm just enjoying the wonderful end to an amazing story and the good kids and other peeps in the story for the time being
Same :hug:

Nice job on the lunchtime run!
- - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 7:44 AM
6 miles this morning (2 with Bogey). I ran 9 yesterday so I thought I better taper since I have a marathon on Friday. :grin:

My good news: Mrs. Rob's work schedule this week included 1pm -9pm shifts yesterday and today. So that means those days are FISHING DAYS!!! on my schedule. :cool: I caught 6 last evening. The biggest was about 2.5 lbs/17 inches and that one spun my kayak around. :happy: I have been checking the Solunar Tables regularly this year and I try to go fishing during a major or minor period. I'm convinced it makes a difference; especially if a peak time falls near sunrise or sunset.  When I was a yoot and fished almost every day, I used the Solunar Tables from the back of Field & Stream Magazine. Now I have an App on my phone. Progress!
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:09 AM
are you keeping & eating all of those fish, or is it catch & release?
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:20 AM
I let them go. I can't even remember the last time I kept/ate a fish; probably several years ago.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:21 AM
I have never heard of solunar tables. Very interesting!

Marathon on Friday? :wtf:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:25 AM
About a 90 minute drive for me to Hiawatha, KS :cool: It's gonna be hot AND humid but I figured that would be the case when I signed up.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:47 AM
:cool::cool:
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:05 AM
5.2 miles for me.

I’m at the Honda dealership for an oil change and they have a new 2019 Insight. Holy shit, it’s nice.
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:08 AM
are you going to get it?

we've got an Ascent on pre-order and are crossing our fingers that it's delivered next week so we can use it for the drive to Iowa. mrbarney ordered it without telling me, and trading in the Edge will probably double our payment, but I gotta say, I'm not even mad
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:26 AM
I saw an Ascent on display at a fair on Sunday morning.  High end model with all the bells & whistles!  Really nice looking & big for a Subaru. 

We'll be sticking with our Forester & Outback.
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-10 8:27 AM
Excellent choice in cars! :hug:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:15 AM
we really like the Outback too, but with 3 boys and my mom living with us - it was either get a bigger car or always have to take two vehicles. Subaru came through in the clutch by finally offering something w/ 7 or 8 seats. We went w/ the captain's chairs in the second row so it's easier to get to the back seats - but it will be nice to be able to take everyone in one car again. :happy:
Parent - - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-07-10 6:07 PM
No. We don’t need a new car. Our Insight only has 97k miles and the CR-V had 56k.

I like the Ascent.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:19 AM
does anyone ever really need a new car?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:22 AM
5.2 miles for me
Whew, the world is back to normal : pbbt:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:28 AM
Mrs Rob go a new car about a year ago.  She had a 2010 Accord and loved it. The 2017 Accord looked exactly like her old one so she nixed the Accord idea and got a Mazda 6.
Parent - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-07-10 6:07 PM
The 6 is nice. :cool:
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:07 AM
got up super early this morning and trekked to the gym w/ mrbarney to lift up weights and put them back down. I probably haven't done weights in 2+ years, so I expect to be a little sore tomorrow, but I'm going to keep at it because I know I feel better when I lift and it will definitely help w/ the extra lbs I've racked up. :roll:

biked to work early - 14.30 miles and will bike back home and then ladies tennis drills this evening. :cool:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:23 AM
Nice bike double :cool:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:29 AM
Exercising commute! :cool:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:49 AM
sounds like a very active day.
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:19 AM
Big good news in my world! My boss called me on my way to work this morning to let me know that my raise was approved! :grin: It's a tiny bit less than what I asked for, but it's still HUGE, and I am so excited and happy! :grin: And nervous now because I have to not fuck up to show them they made the right decision! :laugh: I am just so happy that I finally put a stake in the ground and advocated for myself. <huge personal growth moment> It was a big risk but it paid off.  <sigh of relief> <permagrin for the day> I am also getting an official promotion, but the title change won't come until October or so. I am totally fine with that.

In other good news, I actually did yoga last night. It felt good and I definitely need to do it more often. My balance is terrible, and I am significantly less flexible than the last time I did yoga. I also need to work on the mindfulness part of yoga, because I wasn't focused on anything the entire time except for thinking of lyrics to the tune of "Me and Bobby McGee" but my song was "My and My Rodney Yee" since my yoga DVD was with Rodney Yee.  : pbbt::laugh:

I have 500 yards in the pool and a 6 mile run on the schedule for tonight.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:27 AM
congrats on your raise & promotion, that is super exciting!

I used to do a morning yoga tape with Rodney Yee - he's so mellow. enjoy your brick tonight :happy:
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:29 AM
Congrats!  I'm sure you deserve it and will be up to the responsibilities that come with it.

If you got exactly what you asked for, you might be thinking "why didn't I ask for more?" :wink:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:48 AM
If you got exactly what you asked for, you might be thinking "why didn't I ask for more?"
I actually asked for more than I thought they would give me, and I was right! :laugh: I think if I had asked for more than that my boss would have stuck with his initial reaction of "you will have to go somewhere else to get that $$" :roll:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-10 8:35 AM
That is fantastic about the raise!!!! Congrats! And do a little, or big, happy dance!!!

I've worked on balance a ton in yoga the last 6 years. I have progressed to "below average!" Sadly, my flexibility has not progressed as much. : pbbt:
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:39 AM
That is big good news! First round on Beastie!!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-07-10 9:26 AM

> And nervous now because I have to not fuck up to show them they made the right decision!

Um, no.  You've already shown them they made the right decision.  They're rewarding your performance to date, in the knowledge you will continue to perform at the same high level in the future.  :hug:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:48 AM
Um, no.  You've already shown them they made the right decision.  They're rewarding your performance to date, in the knowledge you will continue to perform at the same high level in the future.
Thanks for this. :hug: I have to keep reminding myself of that!
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2018-07-10 10:27 AM
yes, you should remind yourself of  that. :hug:  This way of thinking differentiates men from women I think and may help explain things like the wage gap.  They've given it to you because you deserve it.  :cool:

I should add that I thought exactly the same thing when I got a raise at work a few months ago.  :blush:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 12:18 PM
:hug::hug:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:31 AM
Congrats! Not fucking up is a great way to go thru life! :grin:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:49 AM
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:49 AM
woot woot woot! WTG you! I am sure you will prove them right many times over.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-10 12:19 PM
That's so great!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-07-10 1:21 PM
Congrats!
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-07-10 1:44 PM
how wonderful! congratulations! 

and great, now i have that song stuck in my head. :roll:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:36 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-07-10 2:37 PM
Whoo hoo!!! Rock on!!! :cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:52 PM
Awesome news! Congrats!

Rodney Yee.:hug:
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-10 8:23 AM
12km with Molly and me.  :hug::hug:

The good news in my world is our little robin family that only had one baby a few weeks ago are proud parents of four
this time and those suckers are getting big. They are right above the deck and the parents are constantly flying in to
feed them.  Occasionally a worm/bug falls on to the deck and the parents are totally unafraid of us so they fly down to
get the food. 

In bigger news....yes so great those Thai kids are safe.  I read that they have been invited to the World Cup final which
hopefully they can all attend.  AND hopefully they can watch England (and maybe Belgium :roll:) in the final.:hug:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-07-10 9:05 AM
England Shmengland :roll:
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-10 12:11 PM
Good luck my little Brussels Sprout:hug:
Parent - - By Tommeke Date 2018-07-10 2:08 PM
What a shit game :meh:
Nothing like the semi-finals to have your worst game of the tournament :roll:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-10 2:16 PM
Sorry man....tough way to go out :hug:
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:32 AM
Mookiethebirdwhisperer
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:49 AM
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-10 12:11 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:48 AM
awwww :hug::hug::hug::hug: we have a robin's nest on our garage and those little cuties have been doing so well. It's so fun to watch.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:50 AM
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:37 AM
4 miles before work.

My running partner’s son is supposed to be doing some running for his soccer team, so we dragged him along this morning. We met at the dam and did 2 miles out and back. It was a little less humid this morning and there was a nice breeze so I thought about tacking on an extra mile, but my legs were dead from doing a track workout last night - 8 400’s.

The good news is my son and his wife saw a house last night that they really like. It’s a tad more expensive than what they hoped to spend but not too much. It’s an older couple who are moving to Florida but they are building a new patio home down there and would like to leave behind a ton of stuff that my son could use. The downside is that the closing date could be sometime in October so they would be living with us for a bit longer than they might have wanted.
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:34 AM
Any complaints from the soccer player during the run?

Good news on your son's house! :cool:
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:04 PM
The soccer player was pretty quiet during the run. We talked some World Cup in the first mile, but there was no whining so that was good.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:49 AM
speedwork :cool:
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:04 PM
More like:

speedwork :shocker!:
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:44 AM
SDO for me.  I squeezed a swim in between 2 spin classes yesterday and I had my annual check up with my cardiologist this morning and a race to direct tonight so I'll skip the workout today.

Cardio visit went fine but because I have a slightly leaking mitral valve and borderline aortic dilation and I haven't had an echocardiogram in several years he wants that to check on everything so I go back for that next Wednesday.  Since I'm now old :roll: and have medicare as my primary insurance & my previous primary as my secondary/"supplemental", I had no copay this morning...woo hoo! :roll:

3rd of 6 races in the series my running club puts on tonight.  Each year an organization from Philly (Students Run Philly Style) that mentors & provides running coaching for middle & HS students from Philly schools, comes to participate in one of our races & that's tonight.  We typically get 70 - 90 runners and handle all registrations on site on race evening.  I pre-register the kids for this one and they sent me info for 262 runners.  We've had 300 - 350 total on night they run in the past so expecting a large group tonight.  Will be warm so likely some no shows.
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:35 AM
That looks like a cool kids program; what a great idea.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:47 AM
that's so cool that you sponsor one of those races! SRPS is such an awesome org. I keep telling myself that I will volunteer for it some day.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-07-10 10:06 AM
The guy in club who founded the series back in 1993 had the idea to make it free for students, with high school runners who didn't have $$s for race entry fees in mind.  We felt keeping the series inexpensive ($5 entry fee for non-students) and/or free was our way of giving back to the running community.  SRPS "found" us several years ago and we're happy to be a "fit" for them!  I've coordinated with their founder and now two Program Directors and they, as well as the students that run, have all been a pleasure to work with/have them participate!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:50 AM
Good luck putting on your race tonight! :cool:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-07-10 1:41 PM
i am glad that you are staying on top of medical stuff. congrats on continuing to get older. : pbbt::grin:
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-10 8:46 AM
A little longer run this morning. Not quite an hour. Felt great. If apple maps is to be believed, the first 5K was in 23 min. Granted, it was more downhill than up, but I was surprised cuz I'm a slow starter.  Made it to the Cherry Creek reservoir Park area. Didn't stay too long there because of time and also the running surface (tiny gravel) is horrible for my ATs. I hope they don't flare up too badly now.  The dozens of prairie dogs (or maybe something similar) made up for it. :hug: came back a different way. Followed some paved trail by a creek thinking it'd be faster. Don't think so. Thank goodness for apple maps.

Yesterday, we went to ifly! When I booked it a few weeks ago, it was going to be just the kids because of $$$. At the last minute, I changed my mind and signed myself up. Sooooooo glad I did. And a bonus... They called and asked if we would come an hour early because they overbooked our slot. Sure. It actually fit our schedule better that way. And so they gave us a high flight free! OMG that was soooo much fun!

Nothing too terribly adventurous today. Heading to Estes Park and spending the night up there.
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-07-10 9:37 AM
I spent the first 6 years of my life in Denver and began my fishing career at Cherry Creek reservoir. :laugh: Thanks to my Grandpa :hug:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 7:12 AM
Grapndas are awesome :hug: it is a neat place
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:46 AM
hello there!! Good to see you! Love Colorado - enjoy your trip. Are you there with the whole fam (kids and DH)?

also - didn't you have some surgery not so long ago? I guess your recovery has gone well, which is great news.
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 7:11 AM
Yeah - summer vacation. We did a big trip (Mexico) over Xmas because we didn't know if Steven would be able to do a summer one with work. So we picked something an area we also wanted to explore together with cheap airfare that didn't have to be booked months in advance.

Yeah - knee meniscus at thanksgiving. Went well, but I've changed up my workouts.  Only run 3-4 miles a week and only one hardish longish tempo run. Other days are stairmonster/walk or bike. And lifting in don't do CrossFit like stuff anymore. I've switched to videos on Beachbody. I still do them at the gym though. I'm happy with my fitness level. I run on the TM just as fast as before and my stairmonster level is higher than ever. I look leaner than ever - except maybe now after 4 days of eating 4000 calories a Day (no exaggeration)
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:26 AM
this sounds like a great regimen! I may copy some of this routine once this little alien is out of my belly :laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 7:47 AM
Sent you a PM
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:51 AM
They just built one of those indoor skydiving places in the next town over. I so want to try it! :grin:

The dozens of prairie dogs (or maybe something similar) made up for it.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-07-10 1:24 PM
I did 15 miles in and near Cherry Creek Reservior yesterday before I flew out of Denver. I love it there, but no where to refill water bottles on hot days.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 7:04 AM
Are any of the trails paved? My ATs couldn't even handle A mile of it without hurting. :sad:

We drove over the dam Monday evening and were going to explore it, but a downpour came.
Parent - - By neustkg (Important) Date 2018-07-18 7:04 AM

>but no where to refill water bottles on hot days.

That is a pet peeve of mine here, too.  I was used to running in parks where you could stop at water fountains for a drink.  Not many in this area.  Guess cities figure people carry their own water these days, but didn't think it through that they might need to refill.  I guess, too that it can freeze/snow here from early October to mid May, so with only 4 months out of the year, municipalities probably figured it wasn't worth going with/keeping  water fountains in parks.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-18 7:46 AM
the fountains in our parks are shut off from like October until March, I think. But it is so nice on long runs to be able to find a water fountain for a quick drink (and some of them even have the low bowls attached so your doggo can get a drink too) :cool:
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:45 AM
that was such good news! I couldn't even watch the reports on TV before and during the rescue because they made me so anxious. Cannot imagine being the parent of one of those kids:cry: So happy to hear that they are all safe. :hug:

Good news for me - I've been cleared to walk indoors on the TM, as long as it's air conditioned, I have lots of water, and there is a fan blowing on me :laugh: Luckily I am able to create all of those conditions in my home. And of course, I'm to be very conservative and back off at the slightest symptom. But I was able to walk 4 miles on the TM yesterday! Watched "Gilmore Girls" and "Anne with an E." Best part of TM exercise is that it's pretty much the only time I get to watch TV!  Hoping for 2-4 miles later today.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:52 AM
That's great news! :hug:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-07-10 10:07 AM
:cool:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-10 10:08 AM
great news! :cool:
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2018-07-10 10:29 AM
the new season of Anne with an E blows.  :cry:

The last episode I watched should have been titled "Gilbert's PC adventures in Trinidad"  :roll:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 10:50 AM
oh no! really ?? :cry: I'm on season 1 ep 3 and I'm loving it. bummer about season 2.
Parent - - By gadget girl Date 2018-07-10 11:27 AM
season 1 was so good!!!!  I read all the Anne of Green Gables books as a kid and am a huge fan, and I really thought it was a beautiful and carefully done production.  Season 2 just goes off on its own bizarre tangents.  It's so disappointing.  :cry:

I'm happy to hear that you can do some TM walking :hug::hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 1:29 PM
same - I read all of the books over and over as a girl, until they fell apart - I love that so far there is a faithfulness to the original, but with very interesting changes. I also think that they've done a beautiful job visually, capturing the time and place and feel. Wah, bummer. I'll stretch out season 1.
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2018-07-10 11:06 AM
Great timing - you can watch the Tour de France all month, and there are still three more World Cup games.  What a great way to spend the time on the TM!
Parent - By gadget girl Date 2018-07-10 11:28 AM
:laugh::cry::laugh:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 1:30 PM
: pbbt: I'd fall off from boredom probably... :laugh: not my kind of TV to watch but I know many ppl love that stuff.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-07-10 1:39 PM
great news!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 7:02 AM
Congrats on the good news! Enjoy your TV watching.
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-10 12:18 PM
About 6 last night but with some walking. Tired. But I slept great last night. Hoping for 8ish after work.

Good news.. I think the veggie garden is going to do really well this year. Last year, the zucchini kinda fizzled out for some reason, tho I did get a few.. This morning a group of crows were hoping into the blueberry bushes! There are only a few that are ripe, but not sure if they care about ripeness.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-07-10 1:38 PM
we have a couple of blueberry bushes. i just picked off most of a crop off of one of them. I think occasional i get some bird damage but it's surprising to me that it's not more.   :wtf: last year we had one squirrel in particular who was going after raspberries. This year (even though it's been a huge crop), nothing. very strange to me that we don't have more issues with pilfering.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 1:44 PM
Yay on the veggie garden! :cool:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:48 PM
Crows are so smart! It's tough to keep them out of your veggies!:laugh:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-07-11 7:33 AM
They are! It was like they were jumping on the bushes to make the ripe ones drop off.

Years ago, when I was a kid, my cousin and I rescued a crow with an injured wing. We fed it and kept it in a bird cage a bit. I forget how long we had him. Named him Boris. One day he flew off never to be seen again. I am sure we really didn't know what we were doing, but somehow, his wing healed and he was able to go back to his life. He would sit on your finger like a domesticated bird etc.
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-07-10 1:36 PM
I saw that news about the boys in thailand. what an amazing story!

good news here? we are all set for ragnar. I just send out race day logistics to the team. it's always a relief to send out that information! Tonight i'll reorganize all the ragnar van bins and be all set. I haven't even looked at what i'm running yet. :roll::laugh:

Ran 5.65 this morning with someone who is on the team but in the other van. Very chatty and nice to catch up with her. Hilly run and i felt good so that's a good sign. :happy:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 1:45 PM
Oh yay! I guess you found another runner?

Have fun! :grin:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-07-10 1:46 PM
DH is coming on board. :grin:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:36 PM
:grin:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:19 PM
aw, Ragnar! I remember my Ragnar experience fondly. Maybe I"ll run one again, some day... :laugh: have a great time! which one are you doing?
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:47 PM
Yay for Ragnar! I'm running Ragnar RTB this fall.  I'd better lose twenty lbs by then.: pbbt:
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-07-10 2:44 PM
The rescue was an oasis of happy in my usually stress filled days- moving truck comes on Thursday! I kid you not, this place is impossible to clear out. I honestly don't know how we're going to do it by Friday.:sad:  The more I pack the more stuff I find- and I'm getting rid of a lot! But whatever, what's done by Friday is done, the rest I'm sure I won't miss. We close on our new place tomorrow, and I feel like I'm going into an arranged marriage, where I've seen the house just a few times, never spent quality time there, and now it's time for the wedding night!:shocker!:: pbbt:

60 minute HR endurance spin this morning, felt pretty good. Ran 11 on Sunday in glorious weather, followed by the best dim sum ever! Oh, was honored to be called again to join the Bubble Wrappers at RTB this September. Looking forward to that.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-10 3:15 PM
Yay for closing tomorrow! :cool:

Yay for RTB! We will have to plan our carpool to CT! :grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:05 AM
Definitely!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 7:00 AM
Moving - the more you pack, the more appears. :cry:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:27 AM
:hug::hug: yay for closing tomorrow, and best of luck with everything else this week. Moving is such a huge crazy transition.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:00 AM
It's been dragging on for way too long.:meh:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-11 9:11 AM
It sounds like it :cry: my parents just went through something similar - spent 2 years doing renovations, decluttering, etc their house of 29 years. Took a YEAR to sell, then it took them 5 months after moving out of the old house to find and buy and move into a condo. They were living with friends and relatives for 5 months. At age 72. UGH. I'm so glad they are finally settled. They were so stressed :cry:
- - By Tim [us] Date 2018-07-10 3:22 PM
That’s great they’ve been rescued. The sad part that isn’t getting much press is that one of the rescue divers died.:sad:

No workout today - maybe some weights tonight. I had a 5:30 am airport dropoff (in-laws + daughter heading to Chicago to help her look for a place to live) and headed right into work from there.

Good news:
No kids the next 2 nights!
A dailies with a topic!
I’m doing an initial consultation with an immigration lawyer on Friday! Yep:shocker!::cool:. Girlfriend will be on speakerphone and we’re going to see what steps would need to be taken, forms filed, timeline, etc. to end up living under the same roof.:hug:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 6:58 AM
Yes, poor family. DH and I were talking about it. Like most, we've been closely watching the news and thinking about it from a parents' perspective. He said he thought those kids should be set up for life for living through the ordeal. I disagree. I am very happy it had a happy ending for the group, and i love how the world came together form them. But, they went somewhere they knew they shouldn't be. Don't make them heros. The rescue people are the heros.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:54 AM
Lots of good things! :grin:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-07-11 8:03 AM
Wow! So, you want to go to Canada, I take it? I can't imagine a Canadian wanting to move here at the moment.:roll: Best of luck, Tim!

I missed where your daughter is going to school? U. of Chi?
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-07-11 10:23 AM
The plan she and I have sketched out is that she’ll move down here for a few years until my youngest kid finishes high school. Then we’ll all move up there. It doesn’t line up well with Cheeto being in office, but family takes top priority - not wanting my daughter to have to change schools midway through high school. If cheeto gets re-elected, I may bail early and tell my daughter she has to finish high school up there.

Older daughter is doing CityYear in Chicago, then applying to colleges to start in Fall 2019.

Comic relief: She’s been very anti-exercise for most of the past 4-5 years, often rolling her eyes and making sarcastic comments like “Why would anyone want to do THAT?” (referring to running). And in general she’s been a hostile b!tch to me as a teenager. Part of City Year is that they meet for physical training several times per week. So lately she’s been trying to get in shape by getting on the treadmill a few times a week. Every time I hear that thing going I’m silently going:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
- - By JimGo1 Date 2018-07-10 4:46 PM
Happy Tuesday,

I went to the gym to lift weights for the first time in 6 months.  Wow lost a lot in that time period so I am just starting back with some basic exercises with light weights for a full body type workout.   I was weak to begin with but this is embarrassing :laugh:  The good thing is that it doesn't take long to get a workout done and there is nowhere but up from here.

Good news in the world - hmmm.....Definitely the kids being rescued.
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-10 4:55 PM
If you're anything like me you're going to hurt in about 36 hours.  I took about 6 weeks off and went back at it last week and I wanted my mommy :hug:
Parent - - By JimGo1 Date 2018-07-10 6:55 PM
Squats :cry:
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-11 6:47 AM
Yeah lunges.....makes your ass feel like it's on fire......and not in that good way :wink::hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:28 AM
"not in that good way" :laugh: like the I had good Mexican food way? or something else? :laugh::evil::shocker!:
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-11 8:20 AM
I was thinking more of Turkish bath houses:hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-07-11 9:11 AM
:evil:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-11 11:02 AM
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:54 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-11 8:21 AM
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 6:52 AM
It's strange. For most of my 30 years of lifting, my worst DOMS hit right exactly at 24 hours. DH and most literature says 48.  Not me - until maybe 3-4 years ago. Now I'm also at 48 hours. Age???
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-07-11 8:20 AM
Yeah I think it's age...I used to be 24 hours and now the agony peaks 36-48hrs:hug:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-07-11 6:54 AM
Ha! That's a good perspective - and how I am with yoga/flexibility...
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:54 AM
Good luck with that! :happy:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:59 AM
I hear you on that. I go through phases of weight training, and every time I start one I am starting from scratch.
- - By jalashkar (Yahd) Date 2018-07-11 11:54 AM
4 LSD miles.  Yes, 4 miles is not long but I needed a break.  :shame:
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2018-07-11 7:25 PM
Did you have a good trip?
- - By sideshowbob Date 2018-07-11 7:10 PM
Day late and a dollar short as Grandpa used to say but anyway —-      This afternoon, had a long visit with my cardiodoc and my test results show that I don’t need the suspected valve job . I should be good for at least another 3000 miles before my next oil change. :happy:

So I came home changed and went out for 3 Gallos.:grin:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-07-18 7:48 AM
woo hoo! :cool:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Good news in the world Tuesdaily!