Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thankful Tuesday, 10 Jul 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-10 6:47 AM
So happy to read that all 12 boys and their coach have been rescued from the Thai cave!

Post away...
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-07-10 6:51 AM
I know! :hug:
Parent - - By DottieO Date 2018-07-10 7:00 AM
I’m waiting for the fuel barge to get here and leave so I can go swimming. Then I’m taking my boat over to the marina and going for a long bike ride. Depending on the pop up storms I might have to stay over a while.

Tomorrow I’m working a day shift for a coworker whose vacation was messed up. My gosh, the hoops we had to jump through in order to get it approved :roll: One more year. :wink:

:grin:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-10 7:01 AM
hang in there Dottie.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-10 7:16 AM Edited 2018-07-10 7:21 AM
Yes, very good news about the team being rescued.

45 minutes lifting at the gym with Sammie. 6.33 mile run home...The Dawn 10k is back :grin:

Sam and kids are dressed as cows and heading to Chick Fil A for free meals
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-10 7:32 AM
You didn't want to dress as a cow and go with them?  Makayla and I were talking about the cow thing yesterday.  I told her that if she would dress as a cow, I would lead her in the restaurant with a rope loosely hung around her neck.  I don't think she thought that would be cool.
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-07-10 7:40 AM
that would be great. I need to tell Sam to bring some ropes.
I think they are going to a fw different chick fil a's today. They normally go to one right before lunch and then another one right before dinner.
There are 5 of them within 10 minutes of us. So they could really go hog-wild...so to speak.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-10 7:37 AM
It's certainly good to read that the boys and coach have been saved. 

I ran 8 muggy miles this morning. 

Probably will go to Sam's Club today to pick up some items for a Summer Bash fundraiser the PTO is hosting this Saturday at my school.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:22 AM
I was going to mention on yesterday's thread (but forgot) where you wrote about school starting in a little while, I saw on the news yesterday that 2 elementary schools in WV started yesterday. :shocker!:

It just seems so wrong.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-10 3:17 PM
I wonder if they are on a year-round calendar as opposed to a traditional calendar.  A few Ky districts did that several years ago.  Schools started in the middle of July, but had two weeks of fall break, more days off for Christmas and two-three weeks Spring Break.  That is really early for those two schools!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-10 8:39 AM
Great News, lots of answered prayers.

Ran a couple miles yesterday as the sun was setting.  Still hot, even at that time of day.  Kind of a low energy day for me.  I just finished my last cup of coffee so it's all downhill from here.:sad:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:08 AM
Finished my 4 hours of work. Rest of the day is up to Annabelle. She was awake earlier but then fell back to sleep, so I'll just read until she wakes up.

Probably some swimming again. Nothing else planned. Another stretch of near or above 90 every day so there is no sense heading out anywhere like a county fair during the day. I know of a couple of those going on this week. Thought about a drive to COSI (science museum) in Columbus but she isn't interested.  I don't care if we do anything.  Maybe a drive into Huntington to a rolled ice cream shop.  (It just happens to be right next door to a running store. I assume I'll start running again after my break.)
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-10 3:21 PM
Is Camden Park still an amusement park in Huntington?  I grew up about a 90 minute drive from Ashland and went to Camden Park a few times as a kid.  It made me think of it when you were wondering what to do with Annabelle.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:48 AM
And the entire rescue team is out of  the cave!  Thank you all loving and merciful God!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-10 9:55 AM
:hug:  Wonderful!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-07-10 3:22 PM
Yes!!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-07-10 10:07 AM
And IHop is IHop again.  No IHob anymore.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-07-10 10:25 AM
Interesting morning.  Overslept, a late run, which was not good.  Chatted with a neighbor friend Tim.  He just bought a tandem bike '69 Schwinn.  So I tried a small ride on the back.  I used to love to ride recreationally.   But since this nerve thing hit I haven't been able to ride.  This was interesting.  I felt like I was gonna fall off.  I'm holding on for dear life.  Muscles totally tense.   WHY???   I will keep at it and hopefully be able to let my body go.  I hope.

Off to deliver pizzas to the center.

Tom in DE
Parent - By DottieO Date 2018-07-10 2:57 PM
I ended up swimming 500-600 yards I think. It went well and I’m thinking of upgrading my wetsuit after this year to get something a bit lighter weight. Then I took my boat and went for a bike ride but I only lasted 7 miles.
Parent - - By markhh [us] Date 2018-07-10 6:18 PM
SO, if you just need to see a fat guy running. Not sure if this URL will work. I'm the one in the yellow shirt...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1731422473561276&set=pcb.2072717133000275&type=3&theater
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-07-10 6:27 PM
Kind of mean to set up a camera at the top of a hill.  Welcome back to running!  Thanks for sharing your pic.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-07-10 7:44 PM
And we already know you made it up the hill so no need to worry.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thankful Tuesday, 10 Jul 2018